[Site Issue] media bbcode tag: Can't set flash size

JeMhUnTeR

Hello there! So I was trying to create a flash signature for myself, and so I uploaded a test. I set my signature to

[media=800,150]https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuavoyzy9prj4vi/Signature%2001.swf[/media]
but then the site didn't modify its size. I tried several other possible syntax but it was no hope. I can't change the size.

what I've tried:

[media="800,150"]<link>[/media]
[media="800 150"]<link>[/media]
[media="800x150"]<link>[/media]
[media="800,150,0,0"]<link>[/media]
[media="0,0,800,150"]<link>[/media]
[media="800 150 0 0"]<link>[/media]
[media=800x150]<link>[/media]
[media=800,150]<link>[/media]
[media=800,150,0,0]<link>[/media]
[media=800]<link>[/media]
[media]<link>[/media]
[media=<link>]width=800 height=150[/media]
[media] <link> 800,150[/media]
[media]<link> 800 150[/media]
[media]<link> 800x150[/media]

I also messed around with the tag, but it was still no hope. Browsing around the internet for commonly used bbcode didn't help either.

So now I'm stuck. Can anyone help me figure out how to make fuwanovel properly resize embedded flash applications? Or perhaps it's a site bug?

edit: Update - adding units doesn't fix it. "800px,150px" "800px,150px,0px,0px"

edit edit: if anyone who could access the site's Admin CP could help, it would be great. I'm suspecting that the site's settings for the media tag isn't set to accept parameters from the tag.

I'm guessing that the replacement html wasn't set to modify the default object dimensions.

there are no parameters in the <embed> tag that sets width and height. There's no <object> tag either that could contain dimension parameters.

1RfjQYY.png

edit edit edit: Help me fix this resizing issue, and I'll make you a free awesome flash signature. :D

Edited by JeMhUnTeR

• 1 month later...

Well, the only thing I was able to do in the admin CP was to change it from

<embed src="$1.swf" play="true" loop="true" quality="best" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" />

to

<embed width="800" height="150" src="$1.swf" play="true" loop="true" quality="best" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" />

So from now on every flash that is not youtube/deviant/other will be 800x150 so you can spam us with flash signatures, although if I ever hear a single sound coming from someones signature, all swf will be banned instantly xD

Excessively animated stuff will also be removed since its a distraction on a normally static website forum is = the important part is the text and excessive animation in signatures and avatars will just be distracting when reading posts, so keep that in mind, I guess some mouseover navigation should be fine.

PS: if you know what I should put into that code instead of the fixed width and height parameters to let poster define the dimensions from the tag like let me know, but I have no idea xD This is the only thing that came in mind.

Thanks Steve. I'll make you a flash sig if you want :D And I'll make sure to avoid unnecessary animations, and I'll help hunt down people who use sounds and epileptic animations for their signatures.

I'm assuming there are fields on the admin CP for the tag replacement title and match, right? And you could set regex statements using {1} and access them on the replacement html using $1, right?

Perhaps you could add a new media tag replacement with the replacement title:

media={2},{3}

and the html:

<embed width="$2" height="$3" src="$1.swf" play="true" loop="true" quality="best" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" />

It might also be good to add an if statement such that the height gets capped to 150 if it's too big.

Not sure though, since I don't really know how forum boards work.

PS. I think (or I hope) people wouldn't abuse the use of flash for signatures. Flash signatures were allowed since long ago and it hasn't really been an issue. Anyway, I'm fine with how you did it. Good job. Thanks again. :3

Ok, I wasn't able to figure out how to put it in the options tab but I added a new tag that will read flash like this:

*.swf/{width},{height}

so you would put it like

[media]http://mare.moe/MareIsMoe.swf/800,150[/media]
So default will be 800x150 and if you want to resize put it at the end of the url xD