Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

On a different note.. What is the nature of the sequels? These stories are basically ending stories. Does the sequels treat this vn as him fixing every problem, but never actually romancing anyone?

Didn't seem to find an answer to this here. Anyways, to make it simple:

you can consider Grisaia no Kajitsu one game, and Meikyuu + Rakuen a series of its own. Meikyuu and Rakuen do build on the story of Kajitsu, but it resumes as a harem story, and "ignores" the character specific endings. 

It feels a little strange at first, but its still amazing. Personally like Kajitsu a lot more than the sequels though. 

On a side note, Meikyuu and Rakuen DO have some story that links to the Kajitsu story in them. In Meikyuu its an after story for each heroine and in Rakuen its a story previous to Yuuji arriving at Mihaha. 

So to sum up: Game 1, romance story with a single heroine at a time, game 2-3, Harem. 

Edited by Dergonu

Whoa, that was a long, loooong journey on my side... It took me over 7 weeks to finish this one. And I only played Grisaia in this time, no other VNs. Anyway It was very pleasant journey, maybe not great and awesome as I would expect, but still very good. Anime might be the cause. Some of my ratings:

Best girl: Yumiko>Sachi>Amane>Michiru>Makina

Best girl for Yuuji: Sachi/Yumiko>Amane>Michiru>Makina

Best route: Sachi>Makina>Michiru>Yumiko>Amane

Best ending: Sachi>Amane>Michiru>Yumiko>Makina

I'm a bit pissed off about the whole father drama in Yumiko's route at the end, as I remembered from anime something totally different... And actually, if VN would take similiar things from Yumiko's Anime route I think it would turn out better:

However, Yūji decides to disobey orders and protects Yumiko. As they wait out a rain storm under a bridge, Yumiko reveals her past to Yūji. Angered by Yūji's defiance of his orders, Yumiko's father plans to have Yumiko study in America and orders the shut down of the school. Yumiko refuses to leave, prompting her father to come to the school to appeal to her in person. To his surprise, she opens fire on him with a gun and precipitates a standoff. When his men charge the building after her ammunition runs out she pulls the pin on a grenade and seemingly kills herself. However, Yūji had helped Yumiko fake her death. Yumiko is given a new identity including a falsified family registry and starts a new life as another student at the school. 

That was how it went in anime. The whle affection of Yumiko and sadness for her father pissed me off a lot, and how her father acted... In anime it was different and it was shown better, though it was short... I really wanted to give Yumiko's the best route slot, but couldn't 

Hmm I might also post my ratings for categories and Overall :D

Art: 76/100 (The lack of CGs hurt a bit)

Story: 70/100 (As I stated before, all routes including common were really pleasant, but nothing more, and it might be because I watched anime)

Music/Voices: 74/100 (It was alright, menu track is actually my favourite, the music almost always fit the moment)

Characters: 93/100 (This is why Grisaia is good, if not all the girls and our MC personalities this VN couldn't be called great by people)

Overall: 313/400 = 78/100 = 7,8/10 (It turned out a bit low, but still worth read!)

Edited by Maxel

After all I really didn't liked how she wanted to reconcile with her father. And in her good ending, she even started following his footsteps lol her own company, interviews etc. That pissed me a lot, just finished normal ending, and well it's kinda meh, why she have to go for her father O_O !? He's a scum, he was a scum, and he will be a scum, I don't care if his father was hitting him like a truck, doing "similiar" things to your own family is just bad. The whole father thing should end like in anime... And I would simply give 9+/10 for Yumiko route even without the grenades, gun thing.

On a different note.. What is the nature of the sequels? These stories are basically ending stories. Does the sequels treat this vn as him fixing every problem, but never actually romancing anyone?

Well, basically it's the Yuuji route. Just like if he was a heroine, we learn about his past, his wounds, his regrets and then he got into trouble the girls try to save him. With a lot of action of course but no concrete romance since they're all trying to get him for themselves. So its not a sequel but more of a harem alternative route that is incorporating a few elements from each heroine routes, including their "savings". Kinda like Hollow Ataraxia for Fate Stay Night if you played it.

Well, basically it's the Yuuji route. Just like if he was a heroine, we learn about his past, his wounds, his regrets and then he got into trouble the girls try to save him. With a lot of action of course but no concrete romance since they're all trying to get him for themselves. So its not a sequel but more of a harem alternative route that is incorporating a few elements from each heroine routes, including their "savings". Kinda like Hollow Ataraxia for Fate Stay Night if you played it.

Much better articulated than my comment, thank you :)

Going back to the main thread topic, my favorite route is torn between Michiru and Amane. Michirus was better overall, but Amane had some points that just had me literally glued to the screen. Then again, Michiru´s made me cry like a baby. 

Guess its a tie. 

Then the other three are in close second. All the routes were amazing. 

There are people who say they dont like Yumiko´s route. I really dont get that at all. Her route is awesome. 

Its also the only route that doesn't leave you emotionally scarred due to bad endings. I really liked that she basically has two good endings, but one that is … significantly better. 

Edited by Dergonu

• 2 months later...

I'm going to rank the endings,best to worst.
*Spoilers ahead*

Spoiler

1.Sachi (Good End) - Perfect conclusion and a very interesting last choice.It felt a lot more romantic than most of the other endings.
2.Yumiko (Good End) - A cute ending to a very disappointing route :) Yuma was freaking adorable.
3.Amane (Bad End) - The best bad ending in the game,hands down.It showed how strongly Amane loved Yuuji till the end. 
4.Amane (Good End) - That scene with Yuuji and Amane in heaven was the best thing ever.The whole ending was beautiful.
5.Michiru (Good End) - Although it was a lot more unrealistic and rushed compared to the others,I loved the last scene and the ending song.
6.Makina (Bad End) - Despair despair.The only change between this one and the good end was the fact that Yuuji was a garbage bag.
7.Makina (Good End) - Didn't like it too much,surprise! Not even much different from the good one.
8.Sachi (Bad End) - Yeah,I was convinced this was the good ending,but then Sachi died.I cried like a bitch.
9.Michiru (Bad End) - Not that interesting but again,despair.
10.Yumiko (Neutral/Bad End) - I was kinda bored with it,and there wasn't much change between this one and the good end besides a certain something.

Routes (favorite to least favorite) - Sachi>Amane>Makina>Michiru>Yumiko
Heroines (favorite to least favorite) - Michiru>Sachi>Amane>Yumiko>Makina

I'm playing Meikyuu rn by the way

• 2 months later...

All the routes were amazing. But if i had to choose my fav...

Best Route: Amane -

Spoiler

That feeling of despair, mistrust and hunger.. Survival instincts.. Everyone going mad.. I've never felt helpless in such an ominous forest in my life. The feeling of abandoning someone dear to you. An anchor to you in those times. Then finally those cabbages! Damn this route gave me chills. It's one of those stories that you think about outside of reading the VN and sticks with you for a long time. Amane going through that hell, then understanding her motivations with Yuuji because of it.

Best Girl: Yumiko - I enjoyed her character development. Sachi's was better but i simply preferred Yumiko's.

Least Fav Route: Michiru - Michuru's route felt kinda sub-par compared to the others.

Least Fav Girl: Makina - simply because i'm not into Lolis :makina: Saw her more as a little sister during her route.