Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

I tried rereading it because I deleted the game accidentally (which I nearly punched the monitor xD) and I realized that you can really feel the emotion and the development a whole lot more.It's just my opinion though. Even if you know the story, you can still appreciate it because you focus more on the feelings and experience of the characters and not the part where you guess as to what happens next. In that respect, I discovered that rereading visual novels isn't that much of a waste of time

I was like whoa whoa I don't remember posting this. Then I saw your name and was like "Oh that isn't me" guess we are twins <3

I tried rereading it because I deleted the game accidentally (which I nearly punched the monitor xD) and I realized that you can really feel the emotion and the development a whole lot more.It's just my opinion though. Even if you know the story, you can still appreciate it because you focus more on the feelings and experience of the characters and not the part where you guess as to what happens next. In that respect, I discovered that rereading visual novels isn't that much of a waste of time

Next time something happens to your save files, remember that the skip feature exists. Should only take a few minutes to get back to where you were.

She was alright. Most people don't particularly like her, or pick her over the other heroines. I found her more entertaining than Amane, at least. 

I avoided her until the second to last (Makina didn't seem to appealing) but when I played her route and then finished the game she was my favorite. To each his own! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm ExplosiveLee. I've recently started playing VNs and I'm glad that Fuwanovel is here to allow us to connect with other people that play VNs. Sorry for reviving this thread but I want to discuss the awesomeness of Grisaia with other VN enthusiasts.

I really enjoyed Angelic Howl and how it showed a disaster slowly, yet brutally, becoming hell on earth. The chills down my spine and the goosebumps were numerous and real. I did not really enjoy the rest of Amane's route though because the first half before Angelic Howl felt too forced and more than a little bit absurd with Amane's pushiness. The bad ending was rather unexpected and the good ending was rather too fast and regretful for a conclusion.

However, I enjoyed Sachi's route the most. Although Sachi's story had some awkward pacing, her story really echoed in my heart (incoming emotional life-story):
When I was a kid, I found my parents just didn't pay much attention to me even though I tried my hardest to achieve and to push myself to the limit in academics and in sports. Her feelings of not receiving enough parental-attention and feeling rejected/lonely resonated within me. I now realize that I was/still am a brat to think that my parents didn't give enough attention to me because of their pain-painstakingly-many-hours job to pay the bills. Too many times I thought about running away and finding a place where I belonged but thankfully my parents eventually noticed and asked my grandma to live with us and take care of me when I greedily needed attention.

Seeing Sachi's story turn so bleak and traumatic after she ran-away made me realize how different my life could have been. Even though what might have happened to me would probably not have been as traumatic as her story, I can imagine that I may have ended up homeless or captured or dead if I had run-away. I am now an independent adult living on my own but had my parents not financially supported me and my grandma providing me the attention I needed when I was dependent as a child, I would not be who I am today. While reading the letter Sachi's parents had left her and how much they really loved her and wanted to give her the attention she needed, I couldn't hold back my tears that flooded from my eyes. The words from that letter, even though they were from Sachi's parents, felt as is they were words spoken deep from my parents heart. I know that my parents did their best at providing me with the most basic of needs but were too busy to show how they felt about me. Deep down in my heart I know that they love me and made me come to terms of how much I really do love my parents as well.
I don't think I've ever played a game that had me reflect upon myself as much as this game. Reading those words from that letter made me cry the hardest I have ever done so-far in my life.

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

I've completed all the other routes in Grisaia aside from Makina's which I am currently completing right now. Yumiko's arc felt very fake and unreal especially with the kidnappers and how Yuuji and Yumiko both kept going back to the same location literally asking for a confrontation. However, the moment Yuuji and Yumiko shared in that amusement park really made my heart melt. Michiru was awkward/annoying at first but I ended up loving her too since I have a certain thing for girls that purposely play the fool/clown to make others feel better and keep a group together with a light-hearted, selfless attitude. It's definitely something about girls that act in a self-detrimental way to make those they care about happy that pulls me into them like a fascinating obsession.

In my opinion:
Favourite route: Sachi > Amane > Michiru > Yumiko  (Undecided for Makina because I'm still finishing her route)

Favourite girl: Sachi > Michiru > Yumiko > Amane (Undecided for Makina for the same reason mentioned above)

How is this thread still even around?  I made it on February 21st...

Well, since I've finished Kajitsu, I might as well say what my favorite routes and heroines are.

Routes: Amane > Sachi > Makina > Yumiko > Michiru

Heroine: Sachi > Amane > Yumiko and Michiru > Makina

Makina is last because of the "papa" thing.  Really creeped me out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Man, this VN is amazing thus far.

I just hope Amane is dealth with properly, and not some roundabout way or ignoring the issue. You're clearly just a replacement for his sister. Well, either that or she in some fucked up way is trying to be a sister replacement. They even had some form of relationship as i've been spoiled by the lesbo action when i thought i wouldn't read the vn's.

I have finished Michiru, Amane and i am doing Sachi's route right now.

So far my favorite is Michiru, while i know many people dislike her character, i found the way she behaved very cute lol her Tsundere acts were very adorable and i just fell in love with her :wafuu:, and when i learned about her past i loved her even more ! i think Michiru is a very strong person even though she acts more like an idiot, to be able to act normal like that after all what she had gone through is very admirable, i admired her enough to to change my avi and signature for her !

so yeah if you haven't guessed so far, Michiru is my favorite heroine. 

Matsushima.Michiru.full.481050.jpg

i do think however that her route could have been better, but after all, i still loved her route.

Pretty sure what you're thinking of is a non-canon h-scene. 

Can confirm.  There's a decent number of non-canon h-scenes in Meikyuu, and several of those CGs are floating around in Google Images.  They're not even accessible from the main story, from what I've heard, they're in a special menu...for your viewing pleasure :makina:

Pretty sure what you're thinking of is a non-canon h-scene. 

Can confirm.  There's a decent number of non-canon h-scenes in Meikyuu, and several of those CGs are floating around in Google Images.  They're not even accessible from the main story, from what I've heard, they're in a special menu...for your viewing pleasure :makina:

That sounds pretty good. Since there are so many scenes in Meikyuu, I was hoping a lot of them wouldn't be involved in the actual storyline.

A bit stuck here. I heard i should play through the bad endings as well since they provide important story bits for the overall story. But if the bad endings are 5 hour long then i won't even bother. I'm stuck because i would much prefer to do the bad ending first if i were to ever do it. Don't want to have the bad ending as the lingering memory of the heroine route.

They aren't very long at all.  Most of them are done with in under 5 minutes after you make the wrong choice, and if you skip Amane's you'll miss something that is relevant to the Grisaia trilogy as a whole.  Sachi's is utter shit, though.  I actually started laughing.

I guess i am about to find out, i am about done with her route 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the forced lesbian shit in this vn is pretty damn annoying. Some of it works and that's fine, but most of it is really out of place.

Anyway

I've not finished all routes yet so i'll just post my opinion on those i've read.

Makina - Pretty good route i guess, don't remember all the specifics anymore as i was forced to take a break after finishing it, but all in all it wasn't a bad route. One thing that made me curious is why on earth did she have 9029's job as a major nutcase while pregnant in the bad end? And why did she appear childless in the good end?

Amane - Route was a trainwreck.. Plain and simple. And it's a damn shame as i like Amane best of the group. Ugh, this is going to be a mess but whatever :P That buss accident was pretty stupidly handled as a whole. I did enjoy reading it, but some things just didn't make any sense. Why did Kazuki only save Amane? For what possible reason could she not guide the rest of the people through the forest? The ghoul shit was just supersticious nonsense as i firmly believe human meat at the end of the day is meat like anything else, and you don't turn into some ridiculous inhuman monster.. And why did they have Amane fall in love with Kazuki? It pretty much further messes up the trust in Amanes romantic interest in Yuuji, at least from a readers perspective with all the crap that was already going on. I did finish it, but i cannot rightly say confidently that i know the love wasn't still about her "responsibility" even at the very end. And the bad end kind of reinforces that opinion as she went nuts about protecting Yuuji after reading that letter, must be the reason they managed to "forget" it in the good end. And also this route should have reintroduced Kazuki in the epilogue.. She properly broke her promise of meeting again for absolutely no reason. The epilogue should have been cut when they had the baby and Makina was making fun of her as a future slut. It was funny and would have been a perfect cut. Yet, they screwed up and made it into a bittersweet ending with the passing of time and broken promises. Yuuji finally out of his job and almost instantly gets cancer and dies.... What the heck? And when they first included Makina, why didn't they follow up with her as Amane's friend? would have loved a 20+ year later Makina when they were going this route anyway. Not to mention that there was exactly zero focus on their actual daughter, but on their grandaughter.. Pretty odd. The epilogue was just too much and especially the religous end of it. Amane never gave a shit about Yuuji's job even though i'm sure she knew it was dangerous, and at the very end she started saying some of the same crap she did before they became a proper couple. I do wonder why she called Yuuji a coward though. Yuuji never struck me as cowardly. He likes to tell himself that he is one, but i never got that opinion of him.

That was a lot more than i intended, but it is what it is. I do hope i'm off the marks on a lot of it, because as i said, Amane is my favourite heroine in this VN.

Sachi - Throughly enjoyable route. At first i was thinking "really... childhood friend again?" But it was a proper one this time, and not some silly crap like Makina's. Not really much to say about it other than i think it's the best route thus far. Only two things to nitpick on. I would have prefered a bit more emotional impact at the realization of their childhood past. Meeting first love again kind of thing. Would have made for a great start of their romance instead of the usual realization out of nowhere in particular. Second is that i would have loved for Sachi to be "fixed" before the epilogue so that i could read her interractions with the others as her old self more.

Michiru - This route was damn good. Not really much to say other than that it was really interesting. And this is one of those lesbian encounters that i can't really understand, but don't really mind given the context. I think this makes every girl in the novel somewhat bisexual. It was only Michiru left, but it just had to show up. Luckily it wasn't a fanservice one, much like Amane.

Yumi - Definitely the absolute best route in the game. The only negatives are 1. The repetive fighting scenes at the start of her route. 2. Her father was way too easily forgiven. What a fucking bastard, i don't give a shit about his tragic upbringing. He realized what a shitty upbringing he had, and made things even worse for his child. While the bad end had a lot less info, i'm kind of at a loss at which of those endings i prefer. Bad end was not bad by any means, everyone has some regrets in their lives.

On a different note.. What is the nature of the sequels? These stories are basically ending stories. Does the sequels treat this vn as him fixing every problem, but never actually romancing anyone?

Edited by Stormwolf

Wow, the forced lesbian shit in this vn is pretty damn annoying. Some of it works and that's fine, but most of it is really out of place.

Anyway

Hidden Content

On a different note.. What is the nature of the sequels? These stories are basically ending stories. Does the sequels treat this vn as him fixing every problem, but never actually romancing anyone?

My friend, you have just given the counter opinion to everyone.  Truly, this deserves to go in this thread instead.

As for the Makina thing, we could only assume that single mother is worse than a loving relationship, no?

As for Kazuki... There's a reason, you just need to read hard enough.

Might be unpopular, but i'm not sure i'm wrong on many accounts. What you think of the route or choose not to see is not my problem, if i'm wrong then counter points to my post would prove helpful.

Point about Makina is that she should have been pregnant in both or none (well, good end was 1 year later, so she should have a kid). The choice was at the very end of the route.

And about Kazuki, i would think so. It was just that the letter was fairly new and she knew they were in a relationship, which is why i was thinking that she's out and about.. At least if she wants. Well, i'm fairly certain she's the person under the headquarter place with JB though. Criminal mastermind or whatever.

Edited by Stormwolf

I just finished the game a few days ago and damn I had a great time! Clearly one of the best VN I played, mostly due to its humor. I laugh so hard while playing, I just love sexual innuendos. Not crude, dumb, sex jokes but stuff writen with skills and care to surprise you at the pinnacle of "OMG, did he/she really said that? XD" 
Alongside great music, writing and voice acting, it's a must have. The first part could have run for a hundred more hours and I would still love it. 
My only regrets: 
- no voice and proper backstory for Yuuji (he's the main character god damnit, give him a voice! Even PNJ have one). We shouldn't have to wait for Meikyuu to get it in my opinion. I really wanted to see Asako T_T 
- as soon as you start the heroine routes, it's almost only drama. And since you tend to play them in a row without starting from the beginning each time, I ended up longing for a good laugh that rarely came.

Which brings to my reasons for Sachi being, by far, my favorite character, hell my favorite waifu. She steals almost every scene she appears in by quoting some of the most hilarious sexual innuendos lines while keeping a straight face, making me stop for a second before thinking "Wait, she said WHAT?! o_O' (I remember the "#moist" with extreme fondness)
She's a pervert at core but it creates a contrast so strong with her usual serious behaviour that it takes you by surprise almost everytime. She's the only one who made me laugh in each routes, sometimes even stealing the other heroines' thunder, bringing me a nice break in all the drama.
Short hair and maid uniform, balanced BWD, shark otaku, clueless over-the-top behaviour for cuteness, jack-of-all-trades battle-maid for badassness, submissive yet sly, sadist and masochist, serious yet lewd, she's the all-package. It only took me a few hours playing to decide she was my favorite and the rest of the game just confirmed it. 

Now that you understand why I'm going to be totally partial toward our favorite maid, here's my opinion on each routes. I, of course, started with Sachi.

The best one. Like I said, totally partial. Yuuji and Sachi's relationship is the most legit in my eyes. They are just cute together, its built over the time, the two being more and more confident with their feelings for the other, the H-scene are good and doesn't go straight to the deed and as Michiru said "The childhood friend is the market leader" ^^
Sachi's backstory is great, it doesn't revolve around insanely rich peoples' back-stabbing, exceptional circumstances, or everyone in your life being despicable. Just a tragic loss at the worst time possible, it feels like it could happen to anyone. You can empathize with her because we all had fights with our parents that could have gone wrong if we nerver had the opportunity to patch things up. 
The resolution is excellent, divided in 3 acts, "Good Girl", "Get rid of the test" and "Kill the root" it gives you some relief between and actually makes you realize such a trauma can't be healed so easily. There is a nice alternance of drama, slice-of-life and humor. Everyone takes part in it, giving a sweet friendship feeling. Yuuji blew up the school for her, talk about commitment! And the ending made me cry... there I said it. I cried when Sachi read her parents' last letter, okay! Screw you Yuuji, my mother's not dead and I still have my wallet but I shed tears for someone else and alone in my room so I'm good!!
As for the bad ending, well, it's vicious. It feels like the good one and then BAM! Literally BAM, so ironically sad that I can't help to say good job... but the writer is messed up.

Then Michiru:

The good surprise. Michiru was my less favorite character until it starts. I confess I don't have any affection for tsunderes and forced humor, like most of her jokes. But when I actually understood that it IS forced for a reason, then I started to like her. The moment Yuuji enters her room and I saw the real Michiru under her bedsheet, I tought that yes, she was interesting. Double personnality due to heart transplant? Oh yeah, now we're talking!
Their relationship is cute, the other Michiru bringing a nice touch, especially when you imagine her and Michiru sharing Yuuji at the end. ;)
The backstory is ok, I don't understand how come everyone around her is an asshole but since it explains how she forced herself to be a clown/tsundere it brings a lot to her character.
The resolution is quick but brutal. I mean, he buried her alive to make her realize she wants to live, talk about excessive. It makes sense it worked but I'd like to know if Michiru turned claustrophobic after... I know I would. The part where the other girls say goodbye was really emotional, too bad it's the only thing they do. As for the ending, well it was nice to bring the other Michiru see her mom.
Nothing to say on the bad ending.
Oh, and think about it... If you pick her route, Meowmel has to die... you monster!

Yumiko:

The deception. Yumiko, as a kuudere, was the less funny character and her route didn't help. The fact that she avoids people tend to make hard to create fun situations, the only one I remember is when Yuuji see her twirling in front of her mirror. I was hoping that by having the focus on her it would help but no, non-funny kuudere till the end.
The relationship feels forced, I don't really see any chemistry between them. They're best as level-head companions sharing a mutual tiredness by their classmates antics but not a couple.
The backstory is good but once again, how come eveyone in her life is a f***ing prick?! Should I lost hope in humanity? I know not every rich people background is like this but still... her father, her grandparents, her mom at a time, her classmates, the reporter, even the maids are making fun of her misery.
The resolution is painfully long, too many fights, too many days on the run, no funny moments, the others girls are absent until the climax that thankfully brings a great conclusion. The way they all (Sachi ftw) deal with her father by manipulating the board of the company was just awesome. And the ending was really nice, seeing Yumiko going back to the rotten world she fled to make it better is actually the only thing I really liked about her character. And the fact you see her dad reflect on his action is good, that way he's not just a disposable villain but a character on its own.
No real bad endind but I couldn't care less.

Amane:

The frustrating one. I'm going to make enemies here but in my opinion, Amane's route is not the best (dodge various projectiles). Stop booing/ranting and think about it! The route is not just about Angelic Howl, but also the relationship between Amane and Yuuji and the resolution, which are both disappointing. Plus the fact that a lot of people think this is the best route just because of Kazuki is seriously sad for Amane.
Like I said, their relationship isn't really good. I mean it's just a lot of sex. It's funny, yes, but doesn't bring a lot.
The backstory is... well clearly the best of the game. There's nothing more to say, it's just that good. Not only did it introduce Kazuki (the best non-main character of the game) but it's also so well writen you will feel the despair crawling inside your skin as you follow these poor girls' long descent to Hell until the thriling climax. If I have to nitpick, I would say that I saw that climax coming (I mean, it's not an original story) and also, I regret that Amane specified that she was the only survivor before the story begin. The probabilty were high, yes, but it would have bring more tension if you imagine that some other girls could survive too... and maybe kill themself after, I don't know, but it kept me from being emotionnaly attached to these girls (Sakuma, for example, was really likable) cause I knew they were all going to die in this forest. But don't listen to me ramble, it was AWESOME!
The resolution is just... frustrating. Yuuji just tell her he owns her life and she's good with it? And where does this man come from, seriously? It's such a bad character that make no sense at all. 6 years after, the gril who saw Amane remembers the crazy dad looking for her and still have his number? And feel like calling him? Without even being sure its her? And if he's so obsessed with her, how does he not know she was miserable for 5 ears before coming to Mashima? It just makes no sense, such a bad villain (I don't even bother to remember his name) to conclude such a good story is an insult. And that ending is the worse. Yeah, the're safe and happy and in love... for one minute before Yuuji dies of cancer and Amane dies on her grand-daughter, probably traumatizing her for the rest of her life. Seriously, WTF? I don't care if they were old and had a fullfilling life, I don't want to see the heroes I grew attached to died just after being finally happy. So yeah, frustrating.
The bad ending is mandatory if you want to know what's inside Kazuki's box (thank god it wasn't a severed head), which makes it even more frustrating.
And we never saw Amane's parents. The only nice, alive, parents of the game and... no. Like I said, frustrating.

And finally Makina:

The EMILF one... E stands for Evil. It would have been awesome if Yuuji had REALLY become Makina's dad by banging her mom. Seriously, am I the only one thinking Kiyoka Irisu is the hottest bitch in the city. She's evil, yeah, but damn. Too bad she turned into a crybaby when Yuuji put a gun at her face and didn't kept her cool, bitchy act, it would have made her, by far, the best villain in the game. And maybe save us the loli sex... please Yuuji, redeem this evil soul with your mighty sword like any good ero-game protagonist would. Screw the loli's mom not the loli!!!
My apologies, it's just that their sibling, then father/daughter relationship was so good that I couldn't help but cringe when it suddently, and with no apparent reason, turn into an amorous, loli, H-scene one. Some hilarious quotes from Makina but still disturb me. These two have the best and cutest relationship in the game, AS SIBLINGS! Why ruining it with this half-baked, forced, illegal romance? I don't care if Sachi's the same age, with Makina, it should be illegal!
The backstory is the shortest and it's good. Don't think I could have stand another "Rich people are evil" story after Yumiko's one. Still wonder how Makina survived a week tied to a pole without eating or drinking though...
The resolution is maybe the best of the game I think. Just like Sachi's, there is a refreshing alternance of drama/plot, humor (an hilarious girl council) and slice of life. Then they run together but don't spend an eternity doing nothing like with Yumiko. We have some bad-ass moments from Yuuji and even Makina, an intense climax that unfortunately don't allowed me to kill the EMILF without triggerring the bad end. She couldn't be saved by the power of boner, at least let her fulfill her destiny as a villain! As for the ending, I'm kinda disappointed that we never see the Mashima girls again. And why did Makina became the new 9029? They still had the original 70 million to live easily right?
The bad ending is exactly the same but with Yuuji dead... in a bag... and Makina insane... and pregnant? Creepy.

And done. So this is my Grisaia experience and even if some part were disappointing (kof Yumiko kof), it was still better than a lot of stories that I read so far. Hell, the fact that I took the time to share my feelings with you is a proof of how good playing this VN was.
Here's my personal and totally arbitrary tops.
- Best Heroine : Sachi - Makina - Michiru - Amane - Yumiko
- Best Amorous Relationship : Sachi - Michiru - Amane - Yumiko - Makina
- Best Backstory : Amane - Sachi - Makina - Michiru - Yumiko
- Best Resolution : Makina - Sachi - Michiru - Yumiko - Amane
- Best Ending : Sachi - Yumiko - Michiru - Makina - Amane

As an ending note, I saw that the kickstarter project to translate Grisaia and its two sequel was easily reached and that we'll find them soon on Steam. To all the people who took part in it, you have my deepest gratitude.