Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

Hi Boon. :D You should introduce yourself in the introduction thread.

Thanks. I'll get to it in a bit... after I've clocked in several more hours on Michiru's route and maybe a new route in Katawa Shoujo later on. :P

Edit:

Welp, still on Michiru's route, but I just felt the urge to post here somewhat of an update simply because of how much I'm enjoying the route the further I read. In fact, I find the second-half of the route written much better than the first-half, so much so that I find it more difficult to relate to people who dislike this route than Michiru herself... :P To be fair, Michiru reminds me a lot of myself (along with some mix of Yuuji's 'jerkassery'), so that might have helped.

As I said, it's easy to see why people would be annoyed by Michiru's character, because they are obvious traits that many people would generally be ticked off by (such as cowardice in the face of psychological trauma, of which its annoyance is honestly more of a product of the writer's writing skills than the actual nature of such an act). That's why when dealing with Michiru, it requires a rather more... patient touch to appreciate what she brings to the story. It's like, it's one of those characters that's 'easy-to-hate' but doesn't really have many justifiable reasons to be hated... because let's face it, the girl went through some serious s***.

God, there was just so much feels in the second-half of the route. The route itself may not be smooth writing, but there's plenty of subtleties within that would vastly improve one's perspective of the character if you would just take a look at the big picture. Aside from Michiru's efforts to please people with her 'faux-tsundere routine' potentially unrecognized in the other routes (because you gotta love how VNs punish the other heroines you don't choose), there's also the diary scene that forces you to look back at the interaction between Michiru and the others leading up to August, Meowmel's death leaving far grimmer implications when you realize that it might as well have been Michiru's 'one last straw' before she finally snapped, the honest-to-god disturbing idea of having to deal with child abuse, unsupportive parents, the suicide of a friend, AND the gruesome death of your beloved pet all in one go before adulthood, and of course, who could forget the Yumiko scene! That's the first time in a while I've cried so hard reading a VN. God, the coffin scene itself was hard to read altogether, but Yumiko really broke the camel's back with her cries.

There were also other little details that I really liked, like how the 'idiot tsundere' archetype is deconstructed. Honestly, I have to say, it's pretty well-played on the writer's part, as I find the pseudo-tsundere sub-plot rather refreshing... and disturbing at the same time. I mean, I have my self-worth issues just as frequent too, so I know the kind of feeling Michiru might have when feeling that she's worthless or stupid and whatnot, and the tsundere-act is just... heartbreaking when you think about how she had to go to such lengths to squeeze out a tiny sense of worth from herself. And then there were those nihilistic philosophical discussions of whether one's existence bears any meaning at all, I really enjoyed those moments as well.

Above all, I really like that she isn't just some 'idiot tsundere.' Though 'Obfuscating Stupidity' is hardly original, it's still one of my favorite traits/tropes of all time, especially under this context, within this story. There's a greater appreciation for Michiru's character when I look upon her as a normal girl who's not really as airheaded as she pretends to be.

It's kinda cliche but, first impressions are the strongest kind of impressions, and the first route I got to - Michiru's - is enjoyable enough that the other routes really have to go to great lengths to truly impress me.

I enjoyed Sachi and Amane's route the most. Sachi would have been my absolute favorite but...

Blowing up the school was just so dumb. I wish they could have found a better way to resolve her good girl problem. Although, I thought the ending was really good and the romance between the 2 was awesome as well.

Makina's would have been better if it wasn't so awkward with the papa role playing the entire time. Michiru's route was probably the worst route for me, it just didn't feel like it had much resolution.

Michiru's route was probably the worst route for me, it just didn't feel like it had much resolution.

I'm nearing the end of it (currently at a h-scene), and I have to honestly disagree. There's a lot of character resolution and character development for Michiru's part. In fact, her great potential for development as a weak person to a stronger person was probably why her growth felt so satisfying for me.

In fact, I feel that if I play the other routes with Michiru appearing in them, it would feel all too weird without the kind of resolution in her own route... seeing as how she's still pushing her tsundere act for the sake of being 'useful to others.'

In hindsight though, I have to admit that the way Yuuchi 'saved' her was rather cheesy. I mean... really? Burying your girlfriend in a coffin and she still forgives you? Even with all the half-assed excuses he came up with, I still find it hard to forgive this jerk. Michiru's too good for him.

On a sidenote, I have to also state how surprising the route turned out to be. When I first read the VN, I had thought that Michiru would get shuffled aside as an annoying comic-relief side-character with little to no redeeming value, despite the supposed blatancy of her tsundere-act (which initially didn't change my opinion much towards her potential significance as a character). One route later and her personality's as good as an average VN 'main heroine' (Nagisa, Ayu, etc.)?! That's... rather unexpected and pleasantly surprising. I was expecting more of a Sunohara, not a Nagisa (or more appropriately, a hapless moe 'Madoka').

My Favorite Route in Grisaia no Kajitsu, certainly is Sasaki yumiko.,

Maybe i like it because i like Her personality, but i also like the story.,

so i found someone who's favorite route is yumiko same as me :D for some reason the majority thinks it's the worst route,i dunno about that i really liked her story and i like yumiko the most out of the rest of the heroines.

i followed a walkthrough so this is the order i went with Makina -> Amane -> Sachi -> Michiru -> Yumiko

so i found someone who's favorite route is yumiko same as me :D for some reason the majority thinks it's the worst route,i dunno about that i really liked her story and i like yumiko the most out of the rest of the heroines.

i followed a walkthrough so this is the order i went with Makina -> Amane -> Sachi -> Michiru -> Yumiko

haha, same with me, I also think so :D.,

if given the choice of two, 
The second is definitely sachi

because, the problem is very complicated.,

until Yuuji bombed the schools to release her from character of maid who always do all the orders given to him !

haha, same with me, I also think so :D.,

if given the choice of two, 
The second is definitely sachi

because, the problem is very complicated.,

until Yuuji bombed the schools to release her from character of maid who always do all the orders given to him !

i'm glad we share the same opinion about yumiko! 

i cried at the end of sachi's route it was the first time i cry over a VN

:unsure: 

hmm..for my second choice i have to go with makina's route 

i don't like makina that much but i felt like her route was more like yuuji's route, i mean most of it is about yuuji's past. thats what made it good for me

I still haven't played through them all, but thus far I'd say that Amane/Yumiko's have been my favorite. In the middle of Sachi's, which I'm somewhat enjoying, and after that I may do Makina's. Not so sure about Michiru, because I've only read negative things about hers.

Not so sure about Michiru, because I've only read negative things about hers.

Sadface. Her route needs a rewrite. She's a great character with a bad route. lol I mean, there's a reason she's got her own spin-off VN going on. Despite being an annoying 'tsundere' in the common route, she became easily likable as a person once you know her true nature.

This is almost like Saber and Fate/Stay Night all over again... well, except that Saber's character was as mediocre as her own route, whereas Michiru is a good character with a bad route.

i'm glad we share the same opinion about yumiko! 

i cried at the end of sachi's route it was the first time i cry over a VN

:unsure: 

hmm..for my second choice i have to go with makina's route 

i don't like makina that much but i felt like her route was more like yuuji's route, i mean most of it is about yuuji's past. thats what made it good for me

Yupp, i'm too :D

Makina?? instead sachi?

well, if sachi obvious, i guess 

because her past is tells about yuji when he still children

Sadface. Her route needs a rewrite. She's a great character with a bad route. lol

This is almost like Saber and Fate/Stay Night all over again... well, except that Saber's character was as mediocre as her own route, whereas Michiru is a good character with a bad route.

Not Bad at All =="

but the story is very dramatic, which has two private because the heart of another person, i guess :D

Yupp, i'm too :D

Makina?? instead sachi?

well, if sachi obvious, i guess 

because her past is tells about yuji when he still children

To tell the truth I liked all if the routes they were all amazing in their own right and I hope meikyuu gets translated soon I really loved kajitsu

So,which scene did you like the most in yumiko's route?

To tell the truth I liked all if the routes they were all amazing in their own right and I hope meikyuu gets translated soon I really loved kajitsu

So,which scene did you like the most in yumiko's route?

Yupp.,

well, i like it too, but we can only waiting for it.,

emmm.. from start the Yumiko Route, not common :D

i like all the story :D

and I hope meikyuu gets translated soon I really loved kajitsu

Ikr? It's uncommon for myself to read a VN that carries the character development into a sequel. Seeing that the average VN wraps up the 'inner demons' of the heroines in their own route, this is an especially interesting thing to see. I can't wait to see how the heroines will further develop in Meikyuu; I'm all hyped up myself too.

Yupp.,

well, i like it too, but we can only waiting for it.,

emmm.. from start the Yumiko Route, not common :D

i like all the story :D

i couldn't agree more!! her story is just fantastic :D

i played it a while ago but one of the funny scenes i remember is when

she tries to do the chores around the apartment while yuuji is working outside. everything seems fine at first and she begins talking to herself imagining how would yuuji praise her for her work i laughed a lot at that scene and in the end everything she did only causes more mess around the apartment

she's really cute when she is smiling you know :wub:

2014-06-19_17-45-20_zps3b33a8e0.jpg

i couldn't agree more!! her story is just fantastic :D

i played it a while ago but one of the funny scenes i remember is when

she tries to do the chores around the apartment while yuuji is working outside. everything seems fine at first and she begins talking to herself imagining how would yuuji praise her for her work i laughed a lot at that scene and in the end everything she did only causes more miss around the apartment

she's really cute when she is smiling you know :wub:

2014-06-19_17-45-20_zps3b33a8e0.jpg

Haha, i know that :D

well, excuse me, I'm going to bed haha, 

I will continue tomorrow

yeah, i know that if the translator not work to hard.,

but we can only waiting for them.,

well, don't rush to play, 

if you can't waiting, then play with Machine :P

i'm studying japanese but it's too hard for me to understand all of the story

guess i have to continue studying for now....

Holy s***. Even though I still favor Michiru over Amane, Amane's route totally blew me away. That was some ending right there. If Michiru, Sachi, and Yumiko weren't outright ignored in the epilogue, I would've thought this was the True End to the game, because that epilogue very much feels thematically appropriate to the overarching story. Also, dat ED song!

Can't wait to see what the other routes have in store for me. Going after Makina's route next after I complete Lily's route in Katawa Shoujo.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm finally finished Grisaia... That was hard work for me ;). Like you know I don't think that this is a good VN, but thats only my opinion. 

At the end my favourite routes are Michiru & Sachi, perhaps they are the most "grounded". Someone feels that is kind of borring but i prefer this. Also i like the characters of those two.

The Next one is the Amane route. I really loved the ending there, also the storyline was good but somehow it feels not so satisfiying like the others.

The Yumiko route is next. I don't know what to say, it was simply ... yeah, whatever. If you know what i mean ;). That is kind of sad because i really liked yumiko in the common one.

And at last the Makina route, i really didn't like these. the More time i played, the more i was annoyed by Makina.

Thats all from me.

Greetz

So I'm finally finished Grisaia... That was hard work for me ;). Like you know I don't think that this is a good VN, but thats only my opinion. 

At the end my favourite routes are Michiru & Sachi, perhaps they are the most "grounded". Someone feels that is kind of borring but i prefer this. Also i like the characters of those two.

The Next one is the Amane route. I really loved the ending there, also the storyline was good but somehow it feels not so satisfiying like the others.

The Yumiko route is next. I don't know what to say, it was simply ... yeah, whatever. If you know what i mean ;). That is kind of sad because i really liked yumiko in the common one.

And at last the Makina route, i really didn't like these. the More time i played, the more i was annoyed by Makina.

Thats all from me.

Greetz

Michiru no 2 for my favorite.,

My reasons is, Tsundere of course, the story is simple, but it makes me sad when I read it, has two personalities because the heart is another person's heart (unique)

hmm amane?

yupp that's true, the after story is long

tell, of them have babies, yuji working, their children married, have grandchildren, yuji died and Amane died after yuji

I don't really agree with you about yumiko route, but i don't mind :)

your thoughts about Makina is same with me :)

Holy Jesus, this thread has had a longer life than I thought it would :blink:

Well, to update my rankings of the routes, so far for best routes, it'd have to go Amane > Sachi > Yumiko > Michiru (really didn't like Michiru's route that much...doesn't make sense with the others IMO).  My favorite is still Sachi's route, even though I know that Amane's is better.

I'm guessing that Makina's will go after Sachi's when I finish it, but that's just speculation on my part.  So far it's funny as hell, though.