Favorite/Best Routes in Grisaia no Kajitsu

Zenophilious

Angelic Howl was by far the best route, However Seeds of the world tree was enjoyable as well, I think both Makina, and Yumikos routes had meritsĀ 

Mainly due to all of the Ichigaya interactions, Sachi's route had some too just not quite on the scale as the others.

Michiru's route compared to the others felt a bit out of place in time but was enjoyable.

When exactly does Amane's route start, anyway?Ā  I know that Grisaia has a long common route, but still wondering.Ā  I just got to the part where

Amane sprains her ankle and asks Yuuji to be her boyfriend.

Ā  Kinda starting to get discouraged.

Ā 

You get a sorta obvious choice that decides if you enter Amane's route or not. And by Obvious, I mean REALLY obvious.

When exactly does Amane's route start, anyway?Ā  I know that Grisaia has a long common route, but still wondering.Ā  I just got to the part where

Don't be. The route is so worth the trouble. (while some people would argue about that for the first part of her route, the second part is godlike.) In any case, enjoy the wackiness that ensues the sprained ankle incident!

Ā 

P.S. You have a lot to get through, I checked.

If youre at that scene, then youre at page 2/5 of the common route. Needless to say, there's a lot of content before Amane's route

I suggest you to read small portions of the common route then, then it will be easier to complete it. You're not the first one who complains about the lengthy Slice-of-Life common route. Rewrite has an even lengthier common route than Grisaia.

• 1 month later...

I personally liked Michiru and Sachi's routes the most, with both tied for my favorite and Yumiko and Makina tied for second. For some reason, Amane is my least favorite of the groups. Michiru was the first one I did, followed by Yumiko and Sachi. Makina and Amane were the last two, in that order.

Ā 

Also, from what I can tell, even though Amane is considered the "main" route, Yumiko's is considered the "common" route since it's the one you get if you refuse the others. In order of the routes you encounter...:

When Makina asks you to be her surrogate "Father," accepting will put you on her route. Declining will move you along to the others.

If you don't take Makina's route, you have the option to enter Amane's, when she starts teesing you in your bedroom. Take the option to turn it back on her and kiss her out of the blue to start on her route. If you get fed up and ignore her teesing, it moves you on.
If you turned down Amane, you can enter Sachi's route now. When Sachi makes the single request that you praise her for winning the game you two played, you'll have the option to follow through or not. Praising her will put you on her route, while asking for another option will close you out of it.
If you bypass Sachi's route, then Michiru's route become's avalible. When you notice Michiru on the cliffside by the sea, choosing to go talk to her will set you on her route. Deciding that there's nothing to talk about will set you on the last one avalible.
Yumiko's route is simple to get into - simply don't do any of the other routes, and you end up in this one by default.

Best routes would have to be Yumiko, Amane and Sachi.

Ā 

Yumiko: She has quite a sad past and didn't trust people till Yuuji came along

Ā 

Amane: Pretty basic, that Big-sis rp that she started was quite amusing and her straighforward personality was quite charming.

Ā 

Sachi: Well, can't say much here but her childhood was quite a mysterious one, and the way the story progressed from there gave me a new perspective of people like her.

I can't really say I prefered one.

Each route had something that bugged the hell out of me.

Ā 

But if I had to chose ... maybe Amane's

Thanks Kazuki

Ā 

But the route I enjoy the most was Michiru's, cause ... Michiru !

I could have been sooooo good, but that ending was just stupid.

I mean there's so much space to try and explain a personnality split disorder given her experience, but no, it had to have some magic...

What the actual heck.

Ā 

Still michiru's route had the best CG of the game.

Ā 

I'm still reading Makina's route but I already know it's not my favorite because it's waaaaaaaay too long ... seed of the world tree 11 and things start happening ... yay ...

I can't really say I prefered one.

Each route had something that bugged the hell out of me.

Ā 

But if I had to chose ... maybe Amane's

Thanks Kazuki

Ā 

But the route I enjoy the most was Michiru's, cause ... Michiru !

I could have been sooooo good, but that ending was just stupid.

I mean there's so much space to try and explain a personnality split disorder given her experience, but no, it had to have some magic...

What the actual heck.

Ā 

Still michiru's route had the best CG of the game.

Ā 

I'm still reading Makina's route but I already know it's not my favorite because it's waaaaaaaay too long ... seed of the world tree 11 and things start happening ... yay ...

Don't worry, Makina's route is worth it, especially the bad ending.

Btw, I don't think that Makina's route is that long, Amane's route is longer I think.

Michiru's route could have been great:

Ā 

I love characters with multiple personalities; it's one of my favorite plot devices. I also really liked Michiru- I hate tsundere characters as a general rule, but she was fun enough to watch (especially as she tried and failed to be a legitimate tsundere) that I really liked her.

Her ending was pretty good, too- the scene where everyone wrote to her after Yuuji faked her death was a pretty nice touch.Ā 

But GOD, was the whole magic element really necessary? That was what killed her route for me. They already gave her a tragic enough past that DID is a reasonable possibility, why ruin that with some farfetched fantasy that doesn't fit with the rest of the game?

Ā 

No, my favorite character was Sachi by far. My favorite route was Amane for pretty obvious reasons, but I liked Sachi's too, for different reasons. Out of the five routes, Sachi's good end was the only one that made me tear up. And let me tell you, that's not an easy thing to do.

Amane's route has the most H-scenes, Yuji goes all badass in Makina's, I fell in love with Michiru in hers, Sachi's made me cry like a baby, and Yumiko's ending was perfection in my book. They are all excellent and worth a couple of play-throughs. I, personally, wentĀ Makina -> Amane -> Sachi -> Michiru -> Yumiko but i dont think it matters too much because each one is a masterpiece in its own right. Grisaia for life!

Don't worry, Makina's route is worth it, especially the bad ending.

Btw, I don't think that Makina's route is that long, Amane's route is longer I think.

Actually, I think Makina's has a bit more screens/images in it, and might clock in at a few minutes longer when compared to Amane's, though I can't say 100%.

Makina's route is also the route that reveals the most of Yuuji's background history, at least until Meikyuu is translated into english. So I also recommend giving it a run-through.

I had the order the same as the game presented it.

Makina-Amane-Sachi-Michiru-Yumiko

My favorite has to be Michiru, she's a really fun character, and while her route had fantasy features while the others were more realistic, she's by far The most unique route in the game and I love her for that.

Then there's Makina's route; that was freaking badass! It's probably the longest one and appears to have the most effort put into it.

Sachi's route as a suddenly childhood friend was better done than I expected it would. With the "meet at the place" it was pretty bloody clever.

Amane's route was cool, but I feel like the backstory thing was a little too long. It literally took days for me to read that section. And in the end, I makes it seem as though her feelings for Yuji aren't real and she still wants to pay off a debt. Last problem is that there were more h scenes in her route than in other eroges...

Oh man Yumiko. I thought she was going to be he main girl, like g-senjou no Mao, now that was awesome. Instead I feel as though they ran out of material by the time they got to her route and just sorta winged it. I mean the chase scene was epic, but from the on it just becomes very subpar. The end bit similar to Amane's end would have been better had they put the same amount of effort into her end.

Whatever the case is, Michiru is my waifu

I ended up playing the routes in the game order and I loved all the routes. If I had to choose though I guess it's a decision between Sachi's and Amane's. The end of Sachi's route was absolutely beautiful but angelic howl ended up sending shivers down my spine... I feel like every route brings something to the sequels though. Makina's route brings out Yuuji's prowess while Amane's introduces Yuuji's sister and so forth.

Weird, could have sworn I posted my route order here. Ā Maybe I fell asleep mid post or something. Ā Like many, I started with Amane. Ā 

Ā 

Favorite character: Makina
Favorite route: Amane
Least favorite character: None, they were all good (though Yumiko only really grew on me once you get off the common route)

Least favorite route: YumikoĀ 

, because if people are trying to kidnap you everyday you:

1) call the police
2) stop going to the same spot everyday

Ā 

I went in the order Amane --> Michiru --> Yumiko --> Sachi --> Makina , I thought it worked out pretty well.
Ā 

Least favorite route: YumikoĀ 

, because if people are trying to kidnap you everyday you:

1) call the police

2) stop going to the same spot everyday

Ā 

Maybe you didn't really understand the route :P

Maybe you didn't really understand the route :P

I get that they were trying to intimidate her. I get that near the end of the harassment she wanted to give herself in out of some sort of guilt complex over being a hassle to Yuuji.

Ā 

I don't understand why initially they decided it was a good idea to just go hang out and paint everyday in Kidnapper Park.