What is your most hated VN character?

Tom

Most of the good endings made me hate Makoto more.  I've only managed one playthrough so far where Makoto was a decent human being.  Most of the time the game eventually forces you to be a creep.

The harem ending mentioned above is pretty much a result of Makoto manipulating Kotonoha's and Sekai's mutual desperation to be with him.

I think, however, that my current most hated character is Sumika from Muv-Luv Alternative.

There's nothing wrong with her in particular, I just don't like how the game forces her on you in Alternative after giving you choices of (in my opinion) better women in the previous two games.  I know the story kind of depends on going that way, but I still didn't like it.

yup I dont like sumika as well, she is the worst girl of the game. 

yup I dont like sumika as well, she is the worst girl of the game. 

Am I the only one who really liked her? She was my favourite one of them all. ;_;

Yep, I even liked her more than Meiya, whose voice and manner of speech only weirded me out. Don'tkillmeplease.

As for the rest, they were just uninteresting or plain unlikeable. Maybe except for Ayane, but she had a weird route. I'm so thankful for the KimiNozo chars, they and the ones from the other VNs saved the cast.

Am I the only one who really liked her? She was my favourite one of them all. ;_;

Yep, I even liked her more than Meiya, whose voice and manner of speech only weirded me out. Don'tkillmeplease.

As for the rest, they were just uninteresting or plain unlikeable. Maybe except for Ayane, but she had a weird route. I'm so thankful for the KimiNozo chars, they and the ones from the other VNs saved the cast.

You aren't alone! I love Sumika (Though not more than Kei). Never liked Meiya (though I don't dislike her either, only character I didn't like was Chizuru)

The VN is better. Way better bad endings than in the anime.

I completely agree.

Now, I'm not denying that Makoto is still basically a horny high school kid in the visual novel, but at least he had a conscience and regretted hurting the girls to a degree. Plus, he had Itaru, his little sister. One of the things I really liked about the visual novel was the way they played Itaru's role as Makoto's little sister completely straight, with no intimate attraction between the two. Trust me, Makoto looks a lot better when Itaru is around, because he's actually a good big brother to her. They handle the relationship between the two very well. Also, in some of the good endings, like And To Kotonoha and Earnest Feelings Requited, Makoto actually seems like a decent guy.

No, if we're getting to characters that I really don't like, I'd have to go with Taisuke Sawanaga from School Days. Good god, is he a jerk. He has absolutely no respect for women, and he tries to hide that behind his Bromantic Foil role. But, on it's own, that wouldn't get me to hate him. I'd be annoyed, certainly, but I really try my best to avoid actually hating characters unless they truly deserve it.

No, I hate him because he's a rapist. I'm not kidding. He rapes Kotonoha in the anime, which goes pretty much unnoticed because they make Makoto as unlikable in the anime as possible. And that aggravates me. And he's even worse in the visual novel. He can rape both Kotonoha and Sekai there. And even worse, he can brag about how he had sex with Sekail! Yeah, they have a scene where he brags about having sex with Sekai and forgetting to use a condom while doing the deed! And please don't tell me it's because the bullies told him that females like aggressive guys. The aforementioned scene throws any sympathy or control this guy had out the window. I'm shocked how he doesn't get more hate, to be honest.

No, if we're getting to characters that I really don't like, I'd have to go with Taisuke Sawanaga from School Days. Good god, is he a jerk. He has absolutely no respect for women, and he tries to hide that behind his Bromantic Foil role. But, on it's own, that wouldn't get me to hate him. I'd be annoyed, certainly, but I really try my best to avoid actually hating characters unless they truly deserve it.

No, I hate him because he's a rapist. I'm not kidding. He rapes Kotonoha in the anime, which goes pretty much unnoticed because they make Makoto as unlikable in the anime as possible. And that aggravates me. And he's even worse in the visual novel. He can rape both Kotonoha and Sekai there. And even worse, he can brag about how he had sex with Sekail! Yeah, they have a scene where he brags about having sex with Sekai and forgetting to use a condom while doing the deed! And please don't tell me it's because the bullies told him that females like aggressive guys. The aforementioned scene throws any sympathy or control this guy had out the window. I'm shocked how he doesn't get more hate, to be honest.

Actually, that scene with Kotonoha is one of the reasons I hate Makoto so much.

Taisuke rapes Kotonoha.  It's there, and it's bad, no doubt.  But Makoto's available reactions to that event are somehow worse.  I mean your

best option is inaction.  And on the other end of the scale...  I really, really wanted to punch Makoto after he fingered his classmate while watching his ex-girlfriend's rape as his current girlfriend was waiting for him to come back to eat lunch.  

And then you still get a good ending after that...

My most hated character is no doubt Sakaki Chizuru from Muv Luv. (Rage censored in spoiler)

This bitch, yes bitch very appropriate description of this is a nagging annoyonce piece of shit called Chizuru. A know it all, that again and again pushes her opinions on others. Its like grade school all over again!

I also can't forget her her oh so lovely phrase line that comes up you and you know her nagging will come. "Nan de tsuste!" Which in case you didn't know, she spams 100 times throughout the novel, each DAMN TIME. With the fucking the air with your finger sprite. How many times I wanted to break that finger; I have lost count. May hellfire consume your soul in all of the other time lines.

148.jpg