rlvm for Android

xyz

MkGQgYY.png

Hi guys.

I wanted a challenge so here's an Android port of rlvm which is "an open source implementation of the RealLive scripting engine for Linux and OSX".

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=is.xyz.rlvm

How to use:

Copy unpacked/installed game files to your device (external/internal memory, doesn't matter). Start "rlvm" and select VN root directory (the one with files SEEN.txt, RealLive.exe, etc).

Also see https://github.com/eglaysher/rlvm/blob/master/README.TXT and https://github.com/eglaysher/rlvm/blob/master/STATUS.TXT. In general, compatibility should be the same. Do note that those files could be outdated.

Controls: To right click tap two fingers on screen. Touchscreen will behave like a laptop touchpad.

Make sure to exit game using menu in order for your saves to be flushed to disk.

As per GPL, my changes are available in this repo.

Have you tested Air? Is voice acting supported?

With the build posted in this topic sound doesn't work at all. With newest build I'll post sometime soon everything should be fine.

I have only tested that Air starts on PC. Voices seem to work, too.

Note that this doesn't mean it'll be playable and finishable. For that one will obviously have to test the full game which I don't have time for.

Can I move the games themselves to an external SD card? I can't really use the internal storage since the LG Optimus L9 has very tiny memory.

Currently you can only use /sdcard/vn/, it's hardcoded. I'll try to fix this ASAP, of course.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Clannad work good to me, but i'm unable to save game.

I tested on my asus phone with android 5.0, my friend's xperia z3 android 5.0, SH04F android 4.4 and meet the same problem

But when i tried it on my friend's lenovo with android 4.3, it save fine and word good.

Is there any way to fix this?

• 7 months later...
On 07/12/2015 at 10:43 AM, Rurounixken said:

Clannad work good to me, but i'm unable to save game.

I tested on my asus phone with android 5.0, my friend's xperia z3 android 5.0, SH04F android 4.4 and meet the same problem

But when i tried it on my friend's lenovo with android 4.3, it save fine and word good.

Is there any way to fix this?

I'm not sure if this is relevant to you or if you're still bothered by this. Is the VN you are trying to save located in the external storage? Android 4.4+ has a permission where apps cannot write to the external storage of your device unless you give permission. Unfortunately, as RLVM hasn't been updated since 2014, the app doesn't ask for permission to write to the external storage and so it can't save the games.

If you put the game on your internal storage however, you should be able to save the game.

I had the same problem, I had Clannad on the external storage of my asus tablet running Android 5.0 and it wouldn't save, but I moved it to my internal storage and it worked.

I can see the biggest issue here being that a lot of phones and tablets don't have enough internal storage.

I hope this helped (if you are still stuck).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...