Grisaia no Kajitsu wont run?

GoulartCross

Did you try disabling UAC (User Account Control)?

If not, use search (the magnifying glass icon in the charms bar) and type UAC. Click it then change the setting to "Never notify" by dragging down the slider. It fixes compatability with old games and issues with saves for most VNs so it might work for this too. 

I've got the exact same problem. I installed Grisaia a while ago but the game kept crashing during the maid's route; I've finished all routes except her and the principal's daughter. I really want to play the game to completion, so I hope a solution is found.

If it's any help. Previously, I replaced text in the startup.xml in the config folder to say:

<FOLDER>
<!--<save>%USERPROFILE%\%brand%\%title%</save>-->
<save>.\save</save>
</FOLDER>

instead of whatever it said before (you can find the lines I replaced by searching user, it is the only instance of it in the file).

The game would just load and then disappear off the task manager after a few seconds. Now it disappears off the task manager after about 30 seconds, after asking for the display mode.

EDIT: I reinstalled, and apparently whatever the edit to the startup.xml is doing is definitely the cause of allowing me to at least see the display settings.

• 2 months later...

my computer is brand new so I don't think there should be any problem with my computer itself, this is what happens every time I try to play

http://imgur.com/sMPaUfY

but whether I try to press fullscreen or windowed , nothing opens up and running it on administer settings the same thing happens

try lowering your screen resolution sometimes it won't run if your screen resolution is bigger than the game can apply....

try lowering your screen resolution sometimes it won't run if your screen resolution is bigger than the game can apply....

seriously? I actually completely forgot about that... wow i feel like an idiot, how do I lower the screen resolution again without opening the game though?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...