What is yout favorite VN ?

per08

REALLY? is Grisaia no Kajitsu that good game that can beat both Majikoi and G-Senjou no Maou. better than yamato and kyosuke amazing. If it's true then i must play it now!

I haven't played the two VNs you mentioned, but "well written" is probably the defining trait of Grisaia no Kajitsu.  I've played other VNs that I found more emotionally moving, and others that that I liked the route layout better, but the actual writing style in Grisaia no Kajitsu is consistently top notch both in the humorous and dramatic parts of the story.  The common route is technically little more than slice of life comedy, but I never once felt like it was dragging despite its length.  

It helps that the protagonist/narrator is awesome.  Yuuji could have made School Days fun.

It most likely will be, but not anytime soon.

http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php?page=projects

Amaterasu picked it up at one point but stalled it because they didn't want to translate 2 huge mecha series in a row (they also did Muv-Luv), and as far as I know they're planning on doing Rewrite Harvest Festa once they're done with Comyu.

i was looking for a mecha VN and that one caught my eye, hope they translate, 

Waiting for Darkeye Translations to translate KuruKuru Fanatic, this vn looks good and hopefully it'll get done by the end of this year. It's at 65% so far. So far i'm enjoying Koihime Musou and thid might be one of my favorites.

that expression, so full of evil, lov it. looking forward to it too

39431.jpg

REALLY? is Grisaia no Kajitsu that good game that can beat both Majikoi and G-Senjou no Maou. better than yamato and kyosuke amazing. If it's true then i must play it now!

I haven't played the two VNs you mentioned, but "well written" is probably the defining trait of Grisaia no Kajitsu.  I've played other VNs that I found more emotionally moving, and others that that I liked the route layout better, but the actual writing style in Grisaia no Kajitsu is consistently top notch both in the humorous and dramatic parts of the story.  The common route is technically little more than slice of life comedy, but I never once felt like it was dragging despite its length.  

It helps that the protagonist/narrator is awesome.  Yuuji could have made School Days fun.

yea really,i extremely recommend it to anyone play it NAW! xD

If u liked Kyouske and Yamato,u'll absolutely love Kazami Yuuji,he already became one of my favorite ever characters (and i havent even finished it yet btw,gone through 3 routes took about 2 weeks)

and wat unseen said,the quality is really consistent i doubt there's a 'bad' route in this game. Everything seems worth the read

also Yuuji's sister Kazuki is another really interesting character,never seen one like her ever too

hope we see more of her in the sequels :D

• 2 months later...

As simple as that which is your favorite Vn and why?

Mine is "Homeward" by Love in Space.

Its my favorite because it was the first thing the Ive ever read that made me eat my words and regret what I said.(If you read it you'll know what I mean but I won't spoil it).

Little busters!. I love this vn to pieces. Although it has some average character routes (Komari, Kud), the amount of buildup, foreshadowing, character attachment, and symbolisms are more than enough for me to love it. Also friendship.

Others in my top 5 include:

2. Steins;Gate - I found the common route (pre-time leaps) rather interesting since I'm interested in science topics. Okarin's one of the best protag's too. The side character branches definitely reminded me of Cross Channel... it's not a bad thing since I've shed tons of tears and sympathized Taichi.

3. Fate/Stay Night - I like how the 3 routes layered on top of each other. The battle effects were amazing as well.

4. Grisaia no Kajitsu - The best common route and writing I've read in a vn. There are unique characters and lots of characterization. The routes are typically above average with Angelic Howl sticking out on the top.

5. Rewrite - Mixed character routes again, like LB!, but it was enjoyable to read. I enjoyed the themes of it as well. Terra wasn't a perfect 10/10 for me but it had an overall satisfying conclusion.

However, my top 5 is subject to change since I haven't read many other top-tier vns like G-senjou, Higurashi, and Muv Luv and have vns I want to reread like Clannad and Cross Channel.

I don't have a favorite, i have favorites. Examples of these would be Grisaia No Kajitsu, Muv-Luv Alternative, Fate/Stay Night, Steins;Gate, G-Senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni, Rewrite.

I think they are average favorites, so it's not a surprise that I consider them as well

However I feel like I'm one of the rarer people who loved the true route for Rewrite.

I loved it too. It was hell of a plot twist (well not really, technically it was a new plot lol)

My favorite VNs would be Fate/Stay Night, G-Senjou no Maou and Muv Luv Alternative.

Fate/Stay Night is probably the VN with the most original plot i've ever seen. So original that it was worth an anime that became more famous than the VN itself. The best part about Fate/Stay Night (besides the masterly narrated history) is that it's 3 stories in one. You have 3 completely different plots each time you start the VN. I had an amazing time playing this ( and a loooooonnngg time trying to get all dojos ) It's fun, it's good and it has amazing endings, so this is probably my favorite VN of all time.

G-Senjou no Maou has the best plot i've ever seen in my life. I dare to say that i has one of the best plots of all time in any media. The story is geniusly narrated in ways that i cannot express in words. I almost went into a catatonic state everytime a twist happened in the story. And you know what, i played the VN LOOKING for then. I was aware at the time that it has lots of plo twists, but even so, i was baffled every time. Best story ever, i think it deserves my second place.

Muv Luv Alternative is the most well written VN that exists. I strongly recommend to those who didn't played it to play Extra and Unlimited first. Only the you can truly appreciate this magnificent masterpiece. It builds the foundation (in a boring slice of life story, i have to admit....) to become one Super Ultra Mecha Epic with lots of action, and thecnology, and feelings, and girls, and military, and quantum physics madness, and mental problems, and true love, and death, and lots of death, and aliens, and tons of death, and A PLOT TWIST THAT WILL BLOW YOUR F&*#ING MIND !!!!!

I'M SERIOUS, I STILL CAN'T SLEEP WELL !!!

I think that's my favorites.

. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I used to do reviews on a blog. . . . . . . .

I'm bad at picking just one favorite. I also can't really rank things well, normally. But, in no particular order, the VNs I like the most are probably Steins;Gate, Grisaia no Kaijitsu, Muv-Luv Alternative, Little Busters, and G Senjou no Maou. A bog standard set, I know. If I could read Japanese, I have a feeling that a few of these would be replaced by others.

Every time I feel like playing Muv Luv, I am disheartened by the install.

My favorite by far is Tsukihime.

The install isn't even that bad. The real trial is trying to play the original Muv-Luv before MLA. Boy, is that a challenge. It's worth it, though. I don't know how it's possible to do such a complete 180 in terms of quality. Every aspect of MLA is 10x better than MLE and about 5x better than MLU. The only other VNs that come close to that kind of quality jump is maybe Da Capo, where DC1 was mediocre at its absolute best and DC2 was actually really entertaining.

Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer.

Saya no Uta is a close second and Kara no Shoujo a distant third.

The darker and more sadistic the better. :lol:

Stein;s Gate is pretty good as well and could've been considered a favorite of mine, but it goes down the crapper once the focus shifts from science and mystery to romance when you near each ending for whatever random reason.

Mayuri I can understand, but the rest is out of the blue.

Especially in the true ending.

They constantly joke about spontaneus romance flags in the game, but I don't think the writers realize how ironic it is.

Every time I feel like playing Muv Luv, I am disheartened by the install.

My favorite by far is Tsukihime.

What's wrong with the install?

Speaking of which.

1336296621068.jpg

Why.

kara no shoujo left me traumatized xD i mean it makes u feel all helpless and shit :s

not a genre i like i guess

The more traumatized and helpless you feel, the better written the VN.  :lol:

Rewrite, Muv-Luv Alternative, G-Senjou no Maou,

Hm, a few have picked Muv Luv Alternative. Is that the anime that came out sometime last year? I watched a bit of it and just found it to be completely uninteresting. Perhaps the VN is very different :o?

The anime that was adapted was Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse. Its not the same as the Muv Luv Alternative Visual Novel.

Probably Little Busters, it's a close call between Rewrite and Fate/Stay Night but in the end I think I like Little Busters more.

LB was quite good, as far as Fate/Stay Night it varies by route, Fate I felt was ok but weak, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel were nothing short of amazing.