What is yout favorite VN ?

per08

Hm, a few have picked Muv Luv Alternative. Is that the anime that came out sometime last year? I watched a bit of it and just found it to be completely uninteresting. Perhaps the VN is very different :o?

There's a Muv-Luv anime?  :wacko:

In any case, if you didn't like it then it's probably very different from the VN. :P

Hm, a few have picked Muv Luv Alternative. Is that the anime that came out sometime last year? I watched a bit of it and just found it to be completely uninteresting. Perhaps the VN is very different :o?

There's a Muv-Luv anime?   :wacko:

In any case, if you didn't like it then it's probably very different from the VN.  :P

Yeah, that's different -- the anime is set in the same universe, but different plotline/characters.  The VN is pretty fantastic.

Nope, the anime is another story of the muvluv universe, alternative its a different story with different characters.

Is Baldr getting a translation? 

It most likely will be, but not anytime soon.

http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php?page=projects

Amaterasu picked it up at one point but stalled it because they didn't want to translate 2 huge mecha series in a row (they also did Muv-Luv), and as far as I know they're planning on doing Rewrite Harvest Festa once they're done with Comyu.

I have so many favorites... once you pass two hundred VNs, it becomes impossible to choose just one.  

This. It was hard enough to pick a top 50 without any particular order (and I was only counting tld VNs), I'd say it's impossible to pick a favorite like that. 

i've never beat a game in 100%. i just pick 1-2 characters, play their routes and done. also, my list is quite small so...

maji de watashi ni koi shinasai - good comedy but it's all about the protagonist. that's the reason i love this game. he is just natural. no generic, shy, stupid idiot. just a normal guy. also, it reminds me of high school. after all that crazy shit you have done with friends, there is a time, when you you have to go your own way and life goes on. sad but good.

Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba - i liked Nonosaki Akiho route (actually it was the only route i played). i really enjoyed it.

Oh, I had no idea Alternative was a sequel :P. Nobody has really mentioned the original game, though. Is it any good?

It's two parts. Extra is a romantic comedy that might or might not bore you (it did bore me.) Unlimited is like a prologue for Alternative, but with some crucial character moments so it's pretty much required. It also ends up in a huge cliffhanger and Japanese fans had to wait 3 years for Alternative lol. Overall, they're not that long and worth playing in the long run.

Oh, I had no idea Alternative was a sequel :P. Nobody has really mentioned the original game, though. Is it any good?

Muv-Luv consists of two parts: Extra and Unlimited.  You have to finish the two main routes in Extra to unlock Unlimited(but they are so similar that after finishing one, the other may only take an hour if you skip previously read scenes).

Extra is a very light, kind of bland rom com.  It took a while for me to push through it, but in reality, it isn't that long.  Not that great, but the backstory is important.

Unlimited is still fairly light overall, but because it starts getting into the meat of the real story, I found it to be a good read in and of itself.  Finishing one route will get you everything you really need to get ready for Alternate, but finishing all routes wouldn't take that much time(since they only split at the very end of the game; it's more like multiple epilogues that multiple routes) and they do all hold some relevance in Alternative.

Muv-Luv Alternative is the reason you play the above two.  There is a dramatic tonal shift from the previous two, and the end result is a pretty amazing action drama that kept me from getting a sensible amount of sleep until I finished it.

For some completely unnecessary, but possibly amusing context, watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (also known as Rumbling Hearts) first.  It involves some characters that show up in Alternative, but is otherwise unrelated.  You could play the VN too if you can read Japanese.

Muv-Luv consists of two parts: Extra and Unlimited.  You have to finish the two main routes in Extra to unlock Unlimited(but they are so similar that after finishing one, the other may only take an hour if you skip previously read scenes).

Extra is a very light, kind of bland rom com.  It took a while for me to push through it, but in reality, it isn't that long.  Not that great, but the backstory is important.

Unlimited is still fairly light overall, but because it starts getting into the meat of the real story, I found it to be a good read in and of itself.  Finishing one route will get you everything you really need to get ready for Alternate, but finishing all routes wouldn't take that much time(since they only split at the very end of the game; it's more like multiple epilogues that multiple routes) and they do all hold some relevance in Alternate.

Muv-Luv Alternative is the reason you play the above two.  There is a dramatic tonal shift from the previous two, and the end result is a pretty amazing action drama that kept me from getting a sensible amount of sleep until I finished it.

For some completely unnecessary, but possibly amusing context, watch Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (also known as Rumbling Hearts) first.  It involves some characters that show up in Alternate, but is otherwise unrelated.  You could play the VN too if you can read Japanese.

Alternative also have an amazing ost, they sure managed to keep me glued during the scenes.

This pv is amazing also.

My favorite read used to be G-Senjou no Maou,it was one of my first ever VN,also liked Majikoi a lot

but i have to say Grisaia no Kajitsu which i'm currently reading beats them both easily

Its just so well written,cant really express it into words :D

REALLY? is Grisaia no Kajitsu that good game that can beat both Majikoi and G-Senjou no Maou. better than yamato and kyosuke amazing. If it's true then i must play it now!

My favourites would go in order: Grisaia no Kajitsu, Soukoku no Arterial, and F/SN

The reasons being: Grisaia heroines have different and very magnificently done backstories, coupled with an awesome MC and his antics. Soukoku comes close as the hero of the parallel world is very similar yet different to Yuuji of Grisaia. F/SN....well because of Saber and Archer. Nuff said.