SDR2 Canceled -.-

Izuru

The cost for releasing it to two system is higher than relasing it for one. Unless you can count on that the extra games you'll sell will make more money than the extra price you pay for them it's not worth it. I won't be able to play it unless an emulator appears for the Vita or I buy one myself but I can understand NISA here.

I'm not against localizations. But why not release a PSP version alongside? Why rely solely on the Vita? It's kind of trying to shove the system down our throats. That's what I despise.

It was the decission of Zetsubou, nothing we can do, but I feel the same way as you, I myself enjoyed my PSP more than my Vita, too bad they stole it from me :C (my PSP, not my Vitazz)

The cost for releasing it to two system is higher than relasing it for one. Unless you can count on that the extra games you'll sell will make more money than the extra price you pay for them it's not worth it. I won't be able to play it unless an emulator appears for the Vita or I buy one myself but I can understand NISA here.

Why not release it for PSP and put it in the Vita store ? Pretty sure there would be a way to make the game compatible with both systems since there's several titles already that are on both stores.

Sure you lose the touch function but the target demographic would be increased.

I just think not making games for older systems just because there is a fairly recent one is kind of crappy. Look at the PS2 for example they only stopped making games for it years after the PS3 was released and the PS2 was only taken out of the market even later. For some reason it was the best selling console of all time. Now they just focus on trying to increase sales on new systems in order to get their money back as fast as possible with exclusive titles. That's the mentality I don't like.

But hey as much as I complain the game won't be released on PSP so it's hopeless. Maybe someday I'll get a Vita. Maybe.

Yeah and from what I have understood about how japanese releases work: Some of the royalties like the voice acting and I think the music and maybe the art too are paid in a flat sum per release instead of receiving a certain sum per sold unit. This means that if you license both the PSP and the Vita version you're going to have to pay more money in license costs and royalties than you would if you'd only released one version, even if you'd end up selling the same amount of games.

Just wanted to give my two cents on the subject.

I never managed to finish the first Danganronpa, mainly because other games appealed to me (dat MGS Legacy). But it's good that more games are seeing the localization green light, because that opens the doors for more and more diverse games.

On the other hand, although Zetsubou dropping this seems logical to me, it's a bummer, because it's hard to even own a console here in Chile. I had to get my PSP from the US, and the shipping and importing costs weren't very cheap. And a Vita here costs about $350-400, depending on the store.

So, although localization of the game is nice for the gamers, it also "hurts" them.

Eeeeh, it's not like these games won't be pirated anyway. I think it's best to buy the games if you can, but when it gets released, even if fuwa won't have a download, you'll still be able to easily find it on the internet. Nyaa, erogedownload, etc- there are already tons of sites which offer a version of official games. 

Sure, this specific game is an exception since it's for vita, but it doesn't affect the big issue with localization.

Well, being a pirate myself, I see your point. But obviously, the best way to support this stuff and not making devs and publishers reluctant to broaden their horizons is buying the games.

Oh wait, I see Danganronpa is already out on Vita here.  Well, I know what I'm buying tomorrow despite not being able to justify the time for it! <3

The Vita could use some more localizations, but I sure as hell don't regret getting one.  Well, actually it was for my wife for Uncharted alone, but I end up using it more.

Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Virtue's Last Reward were all by themselves worth buying a Vita for.  And I'm pretty sure I can now add this one to that list!

Why not release it for PSP and put it in the Vita store ? Pretty sure there would be a way to make the game compatible with both systems since there's several titles already that are on both stores.

Sure you lose the touch function but the target demographic would be increased.

I just think not making games for older systems just because there is a fairly recent one is kind of crappy. Look at the PS2 for example they only stopped making games for it years after the PS3 was released and the PS2 was only taken out of the market even later. For some reason it was the best selling console of all time. Now they just focus on trying to increase sales on new systems in order to get their money back as fast as possible with exclusive titles. That's the mentality I don't like.

But hey as much as I complain the game won't be released on PSP so it's hopeless. Maybe someday I'll get a Vita. Maybe.

Well, you just pretty much answered yourself. Sure, I might not have much say since I actually do own a Vita, but the loss of touch-controls and potentially better graphics/performance, along with perhaps some other features, definitely does not sound worth it to me. I haven't tried the Vita re-release of DanganRonpa yet, but I can easily see how much the game would benefit with the touch support alone. Let's take Virtue's Last Reward as an example - that game allows you to either use the touch-screen or the buttons - or better yet, a combination of the two - and that really makes a big difference. I probably wouldn't enjoy VLR as much if it wasn't for the well done touch controls.

To get back to SDR2, losing out on the touch support in the exploration aspects probably doesn't seem like such a big loss, but just imagine how much touch controls would help with the trials, specifically the parts where you have to shoot down arguments with your words.

Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Virtue's Last Reward were all by themselves worth buying a Vita for.  And I'm pretty sure I can now add this one to that list!

Where's Persona 4: Golden? Blasphemy!  :lol:

I actually have not played any Persona game before.  Persona 3 is on my "to get" list.

Oh man, definitely get P4G, then. You don't need to have played any of the other games, and since P4G is the most polished one, it's also the most accessible one. :) It was the game I got my Vita for, and it's still my favourite game on the system.

To add to the point of DR not getting released on the PSP here - does anyone still honestly own a PSP that is not hacked? Doing a Vita-release only shouldn't be surprising, as a PSP-release would pretty much equal to them releasing the game for free. :P

Oh man, definitely get P4G, then. You don't need to have played any of the other games, and since P4G is the most polished one, it's also the most accessible one.

But Persona 4 Golden doesn't have a Fem protag. Can you surpass that?

Nah, I'm kidding. Persona 4 is really the best they've done.

Well, you just pretty much answered yourself. Sure, I might not have much say since I actually do own a Vita, but the loss of touch-controls and potentially better graphics/performance, along with perhaps some other features, definitely does not sound worth it to me. I haven't tried the Vita re-release of DanganRonpa yet, but I can easily see how much the game would benefit with the touch support alone. Let's take Virtue's Last Reward as an example - that game allows you to either use the touch-screen or the buttons - or better yet, a combination of the two - and that really makes a big difference. I probably wouldn't enjoy VLR as much if it wasn't for the well done touch controls.

Again that's a small price to pay for a much larger demographic and sales. Danganronpa was good for the PSP and I'm sure the 2nd one would be good too. The touch function is just a bonus not a requirement.

And what i meant earlier wasn't to license both games. Just the PSP version and then sell it on the vita's store. You'd only need the license for one game that way I'm pretty sure.

But since they're releasing Danganronpa for Vita it only makes sense SDR2 is released for Vita too. They won't go back on this.

Again that's a small price to pay for a much larger demographic and sales. Danganronpa was good for the PSP and I'm sure the 2nd one would be good too. The touch function is just a bonus not a requirement.

And what i meant earlier wasn't to license both games. Just the PSP version and then sell it on the vita's store. You'd only need the license for one game that way I'm pretty sure.

But since they're releasing Danganronpa for Vita it only makes sense SDR2 is released for Vita too. They won't go back on this.

Let me quote my later post:

"To add to the point of DR not getting released on the PSP here - does anyone still honestly own a PSP that is not hacked? Doing a Vita-release only shouldn't be surprising, as a PSP-release would pretty much equal to them releasing the game for free."

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason for them going with the Vita instead, since they can be sure it won't be pirated then. It sucks, but looking at it from the publisher's perspective, I think it makes perfect sense.

First off, I want to smack you now. You should have specified in the title that it was cancelled only for PSP. I mean, yes, I like my PSP. But not getting it for PSP but Vita instead is much better than not getting it in America at all. Scared me when I thought you meant they cancelled it completely.

Don't make me do bad things.

First off, I want to smack you now. You should have specified in the title that it was cancelled only for PSP. I mean, yes, I like my PSP. But not getting it for PSP but Vita instead is much better than not getting it in America at all. Scared me when I thought you meant they cancelled it completely.

Don't make me do bad things.

Hahha Nice Plan XD Watching It Is Much Cheaper Hhaha

There's already a fan translation on youtube as far as I know, so if you're going to do that, you don't even have to wait.

It's not surprise that it got canceled.After NIS announced that they were making a translation of the first game,I had no hope left that this game was going to have a PSP translation.A guy made a complete walkthrough of the game in english,so I decided to just watch it(means that now I have no reason to play it)

List of games that crushed my hopes:

-Danganronpa 2

-11 Eyes.

-Chaos;Childs(Even if this hadn't a plataform relase yet,I seriously doubt that it will come for the PC.Reason?Robotic;Notes.)

It's not surprise that it got canceled.After NIS announced that they were making a translation of the first game,I had no hope left that this game was going to have a PSP translation.A guy made a complete walkthrough of the game in english,so I decided to just watch it(means that now I have no reason to play it)

List of games that crushed my hopes:

-Danganronpa 2

-11 Eyes.

-Chaos;Childs(Even if this hadn't a plataform relase yet,I seriously doubt that it will come for the PC.Reason?Robotic;Notes.)

Well, I think the main reason fro Robotics;Notes not coming out on PC was because Nitro+ wasn't involved anymore. If Chaos;Child is done by Nitro+ again, there's a possibility of a PC port. :)

Well, I think the main reason fro Robotics;Notes not coming out on PC was because Nitro+ wasn't involved anymore. If Chaos;Child is done by Nitro+ again, there's a possibility of a PC port. :)

That feel when we will have to wait for another 10 years to get a R;N translation;_;

Asd,if people still have problems hacking PS1 ISOs even after all this years...

Desperation.