PS3 Emulator needed! (edit: there isnt one!)

Yume

PS3 emulation will take at least 4+ years if not a decade and more to even be (slightly?) playable. Even PS2/Wii/Gamecube emulation isn't perfected yet(though it has come very far and most games are completely playable), and you need fairly good hardware to play those as well, and overclocking/turbo boost if you want to emulate games like Last Story and Super Mario Galaxy(could be wrong on this one).

Your best chance is to just get a PS3 to play it, or if it's available in some form, on PS4 :3

Guest hairybumslapper

Even if there was a legitimate PS3 emulator, you would need a pretty beast PC rig to even run it at decent settings. I agree with Izuru, PS3's are dirt cheap, with a massive game library which definitely justifies a purchase, unless you're a PC elitist.

I'm buying a PS3 next month since it has some great J-RPGs I've missed out.

Ar Tonelico III is one purchase I'll have to make as I planned before. And it's more of a J-RPG, not a entirely pure VN.

A PS3 emulator at this day and age is out of the question given how strong of a hardware you need to just emulate it.

as said previously

you wont see an emulator for quite some time as it takes 10x more processing power 

example:

The PS2 ran on a 300Mhz Processor 

PCSX2(emulator) requires an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better

The reason being, that your computer must run your Operating system, then run a program which emulates an Operating system of a console which also needs to emulate a whole new BIOS startup

then after doing all that, it needs to run a game in the reverse order of everything Just said, going through the computers operating system without there being any errors in any points

and the processing power on the Ps3 is quite good in this day 

Guest hairybumslapper

as said previously

you wont see an emulator for quite some time as it takes 10x more processing power 

Maybe we will see ps4 emulators come out as the system gets older. The architecture & hardware isn't that much different from a modern PC, so emulation shouldn't require too much hardware, compared to PS2/PS3 emulation.

Maybe we will see ps4 emulators come out as the system gets older. The architecture & hardware isn't that much different from a modern PC, so emulation shouldn't require too much hardware, compared to PS2/PS3 emulation.

not really, The Cell Cpu is very different from Intel type cpu systems 

as its an 8core 3.2Ghz,  but Uses differnet SPE's for different things

plus the OS and structure of the PS3 makes the CPU do most of the GPU work, as the GPU inside the PS3 is reasonably weak 

Check out this which explains the Cell Cpu more: http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/playstation-three1.htm

Guest hairybumslapper

not really, The Cell Cpu is very different from Intel type cpu systems 

as its an 8core 3.2Ghz,  but Uses differnet SPE's for different things

plus the OS and structure of the PS3 makes the CPU do most of the GPU work, as the GPU inside the PS3 is reasonably weak 

Check out this which explains the Cell Cpu more: http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/playstation-three1.htm

I am well aware on how the CELL works, but it seems you misread my post. I was talking about the PS4, which omits the CELL technology in favor of x86 hardware similar to a PC's, to make coding for games much easier. And the PS3's CELL doesn't have 8 cores. it has one central PPE core and 8 SPE's, with one of them locked, and one reserved for the XMB OS. The PS4 opts to instead use an custom x86 AMD 8 core cpu at 1.6GHz, along with a GPU equivalent to a Radeon 7850/7870. Not to mention the 8 gig GDDR5 RAM. When you look at it from this perspective, it's pretty much a modified PC.

-

Basically, PS4 emulation should be much easier than PS3 emulation in theory due to the shared hardware similarities between the PS4 and a PC, though you would still need a high spec PC rig to run it.