Top 10 Superpowers

Nosebleed

Title is self descriptive but:

What are your 10 favorite superpowers in anime/manga? 

Since some people don't watch that many superpower shows it doesn't have to be 10, any number you want is fine.

Yes this is meant to be in ascending/descending order (1 is the best, 10 is 1/10 of the best)

Optional: You can say why you think that power deserves that spot or why you like it so much.

Rule: Powers that come from items don't count. (eg: Philosopher's stone, Death Note, etc.)

It'd also be nice if you could put the name of the show on the side in case people want to check it out.

10 Teleportation from so many series i can't even

Because it's just cool. No particular reason I just find it awesome but not helpful enough to put it higher on the list

9 Kuryiama Mirai's blood manipulation from Kyoukai no Kanata

Though this is by no means one of my favorite shows I thought Kuriyama's blood manipulation was really awesome. The downside would be how it drains all of your strength when it's abused,

8 Yami's corporal abilities from To Love-Ru

Because you can transform your entire body in any sort of weapon you so desire. Including guns and other types of machinery. It's just really useful. And since it beats the blood manipulation because of the amount of things it can create, hence why it's one place higher

7 Misaka Mikoto's electric abilities from the Toaru series

It's just really awesome to see her shock everyone and everything from a distance. Not to mention the railgun canon she can make by just flipping a coin is badass. But since it restrict daily application a lot it won't be higher on the list.

6 Titan powers from Shingeki no Kyojin

You know at some point in your life you wished to be a massive titan that can crush anything you want. Not to mention each Titan has its own ability which makes it much more special and unique. Though it doesn't have many practical application it's still worth mentioning.

5 Vectors from Elfen Lied

Because i can cut your head off from a distance that's why. I put vectors as a general term because there's different types both in range and quantity although the vectors abilities are always the same: Cutting through everything and anything. It also can pick up stuff which is basically like having a set of extra arms.

4 Touma's Imagine Breaker from the Toaru Series

Do you need a reason to have a power that immediatily negates any sort of ability? Though it doesn't give you a clear advantage it definitely puts you on the same level as your oponent no matter how strong they may be

3 Shinobu's powers from the Monogatari Series

You already knew i was going to put this here. Being an immortal creature that can transform themselves, create matter, time travel and basically be invincible makes having these abilities so worth it.

2 Alchemy from FMA

Just thinking of the possibilities this could bring makes it so high on the list. You can literally create anything you desire. There are no limits. (Aside from creating humans, that will result in a lost arm, leg and your brother. Yes i really went there.)

1 Accelerator's Vector Change from the Toaru series

This is just pure badassness in every sense of the word. That's why it's number 1. The fact that you can control everything you touch and chage its direction any way you want , meaning the entire earth is basically at your command just makes this power one of the most hardcore things ever

The only anime I've watched that had superpowers was DBZ way back in the day and, more recently, F/SN and F/Z. So instead, I'll go here http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:RandomRandom and tell you about the superpower I got. :ph34r:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Candy_Manipulation

So I'm basically every Da Capo protagonist. :P

Totally not trying to derail this thread...

Yeah

1) Accelerator's Vector Changes in "A certain magical Indew" Is pretty cool and freaking strong.

2) One Piece's Logia demon fruits. Cause they are all completely over powered. (My favorites would be Eneru's or Kizaru's)

3) Awakened Claymores. Big power up, and most of the time their design looks really scary.

4) Mondaiji tachi : The 3 humans' powers. Nothing more to say. Just too strong.

5) Elfen lied vectors. chop chop chop

6) FMA Alchemy I have to agree with this one.

That's about it, I don't really watch anime were there are many super powers.

But I did really like the way Homura Akemi uses her time stopping powers

Coolest power of all :

Vanishement dis Wurldo

Coolest power of all :

Vanishement dis Wurldo

Yep. Pretty nifty power. 10/10

The only anime I've watched that had superpowers was DBZ way back in the day and, more recently, F/SN and F/Z. So instead, I'll go here http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:RandomRandom and tell you about the superpower I got. :ph34r:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Candy_Manipulation

So I'm basically every Da Capo protagonist. :P

Totally not trying to derail this thread...

I got Cryostasis. Not too bad.

I feel like if i include DBZ powers it's just an endless list because the powers themselves are questionable even. Like if you ask yourself "What are Sayians?" there's not a clear answer.

Not really sure if these count as superpowers, but here I go.

10. Persona from Persona 4 anime

9. Sacred Gear from Highschool DxD

Reason it's only 9 is because it would really depend on what kind of Sacred gear you'd get

8.Future Diary from Mirai Nikki

Higher than you think it'd be, not higher due to random nature and death if destroyed

7. Tentacle control from Squid Girl

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO, NOT FOR THAT REASON!

6. Wicked eye from Chuunbiyou

Would simply be entertaining if it actually worked

5. Geass, Code Geass

4. Rune of Guundulf from Familiar of Zero

Simply would be nice to be able to instantly use any kind of weapon

3. Super Saiyan/assorted Ki attacks from Dragon Ball Z

We've all dreamed of it, don't deny it

2. Alchemy from Fullmetal Alchemist

1. Vectors from Elfen Lied

Because Murder time=fun time! And if that didn't convince you, here's a demonstration!

Not for those who cannot stand gore and nudity. And lots of it.

Yep. Pretty nifty power. 10/10

I got Cryostasis. Not too bad.

I feel like if i include DBZ powers it's just an endless list because the powers themselves are questionable even. Like if you ask yourself "What are Sayians?" there's not a clear answer.

I don't even remember pretty much any abilities anyone had besides Kamehameha and Cell's http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Biological_Absorption which was the coolest thing ever. :P

7. Tentacle control from Squid Girl

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO, NOT FOR THAT REASON!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeee :ph34r:

I don't even remember pretty much any abilities anyone had besides Kamehameha and Cell's http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Biological_Absorption which was the coolest thing ever. :P

I don't remember ALL but my favorite character was Kid Buu from Majin Buu's arc because he was just chaotic evil and his powers, aside from being a weapon of mass destruction was to stretch at will and absorb things into his body as well. Cell would shake in fear in front of him.

But if you look in prespective DBZ powers just involve shooting laser beams and weird plasma balls in different ways and shapes.

And then some side ability. 

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeee :ph34r:

I don't remember ALL but my favorite character was Kid Buu from Majin Buu's arc because he was just chaotic evil and his powers, aside from being a weapon of mass destruction was to stretch at will and absorb things into his body as well. Cell would shake in fear in front of him.

But if you look in prespective DBZ powers just involve shooting laser beams and weird plasma balls in different ways and shapes.

And then some side ability.

There's no doubt he was stronger, since he was a space... whatever he was. But Cell's power was so much cooler, not just absorb stuff but also take on certain properties of them.

1: Dress Break (Highschool DxD)

High_School_DxD_2.jpg

You should know why this is the most amazing super power man.

Bwahahaha

2: Time Stop from Air Gear. ( Aeon Clock and Kazu can do this)

Who wouldn't want to freeze and slow down time? Definitely one of the most advantageous powers out there.

3: Any type of Magic from Fairy Tail

Kinda obvious but if you've watched Fairy Tail you'll see how awesome all types of magic can be.

4: Blue Flames from Code: Breaker (Rei Ogami)

Burning everything with the touch of your left hand with blue flames and not leaving a single trace of evidence behind? Obviously would love this one

code-breaker-ep-2-24.png

5: Teleportation 

Getting around would be much easier man

6: Controlling Shinsoo (Tower Of God)

Being able to control and create any element from this substance for your advantage? Sure why not.

7: Bankai (Bleach)

Why wouldn't you wanna get a high power up and change into looking like a total badass? Even though i don't like bleach anymore.

8: Alchemy (FMA)

Cause alchemy is awesome that's why.

9: Qwaser (Seikon no Qwaser)

It's really awesome to be able to control a specific element and do whatever you want with anything that has that element in it.

10: Nose Hair Manipulation (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)

1029295-bobobo_bobo_bobo11.jpg Hehehe

Maybe I'll put something VN-related here. Dunno.

10- Accelerator's Vector Control (Toaru Majutsu no Index)

I don't have the calculation abilities to use this in any significant way at all. It's fine with mind control, since I could plan who to control and make the calculus beforehand, but this power wouldn't help me all that much- it's still very cool, so I put it here anyway.

9-4th Dimensional Pocket (many, many nonsensical anime)

Being able to carry your lunch, your notebook and your car in your pocket seems pretty nice. Might as well put the infinity +1 sword and house there too.

8- Blowing the living shit out of everything with high-leveled magic (too many examples)

Because destruction is fun!

7- Teleport (too many examples)

Self explanatory. This doesn't get higher on the list because you can teleport yourself inside a wall, and that wouldn't be pretty.

6- Kinda-sorta blood control (Deadman Wonderland)

A very unnusual weapon that can take anyone by surprise. Feels cool to me.

5- Red Saber's Theatre of the Deranged (Fate/Extra)

Because I want that theatre for myself. Just look at it, it's too cool

Also, since this is basically warping reality with your own power, it doesn't count as an item.

The CCC version looks even more fabulous. Check out 24:03 here 

4- Shiki's Mystical Eyes of Death Perception (Kara no Kyoukai)

Because it's just that cool.

3- Misaki Shokuhou's Mental Out (Toaru Majutsu no Index)

While Accelerator's power is nice, I can't see myself using it for anything that's not incredibly silly. Mind Control is simply better to me- you can get basically everything you want with it.

2- Immortality (Baccano)

Call if hyper regeneration of you want. Point is, immortality. That's enough.

1- Yami's ability to look good in leather (yugioh)

Most people look like bondage slaves when they wear leather. He doesn't. And looking good in leather is motherfuckin' fabulous. Best power ever.

10 - Marisa's master spark, who would need a kamehameha when you have this.

9 - Tohno Akiha's heat absorption, that's almost flawless.

8 - Kakine's dark matter from toaru universe.

7 - Hamazura Shiage's endless luck from toaru.

6 - Shadow of sin and punishment, this one is full of flaws but it's amazing (mostly because of the user).

5 - Mare's ability to make everyone like her. 

4 - Archer's unlimited blade works, the chant alone is pure badassness.

3 - Shiki's eyes of death perception. seeing death is just too awesome.

2- Being Kyousuke.

1- Accelerator's power. the power to be a trap worth the hype.

Guest hairybumslapper

3 - Shiki's eyes of death perception. seeing death is just too awesome.

This.

-

If one had something like this along with the skill to use it, they would be almost invincible.

This.

-

If one had something like this along with the skill to use it, they would be almost invincible.

Not really, since Shiki's eyes overload really quickly (the Shiki from tsukihime, anyway). Even if you had the skill, I don't think you'd be able to beat many enemies with it, especially if they're all attacking at once. It's great for assasination, though. 

If we're looking for skills in the nasuverse that make you almost invincible, I'd have to go with God's Hand from Berserker. Not being harmed by anything less than a rank A noble phantasm is already enough for you to take on an army and win. There's also all the extra lives, too.

Not really, since Shiki's eyes overload really quickly (the Shiki from tsukihime, anyway). Even if you had the skill, I don't think you'd be able to beat many enemies with it, especially if they're all attacking at once. It's great for assasination, though. 

If we're looking for skills in the nasuverse that make you almost invincible, I'd have to go with God's Hand from Berserker. Not being harmed by anything less than a rank A noble phantasm is already enough for you to take on an army and win. There's also all the extra lives, too.

If that's the case then we might as well pick Ea instead.

Ryougi Shiki does have the ability to use the eyes, she's still human so it's not the best power in the nasuverse but it's one of the most badass conceptual powers.

If that's the case then we might as well pick Ea instead.

Ryougi Shiki does have the ability to use the eyes, she's still human so it's not the best power in the nasuverse but it's one of the most badass conceptual powers.

I thought of EA or GoB, but with which spiritual energy would you use it, exactly? I prefer Berserker's God's Hand because any human could have that. Having to drain the soul of who-knows-how-many-people to use a single attack (even though it's absolutely devastating) doesn't seem like the best option to me. If you had the mana to do it, though... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. A full top ten. It'll be hard. Let's see. As a rule, I'll keep it one power from one series and leave generic abilities out.

10. Kandata String (Needless)

Ever since I saw Walter C. Dornaise kicking ass and taking names with garrote wire I've had something damn near a fetish when it comes to people who fight with indestructible strings.

9. Vectors (Elfen Lied)

There's something pretty wicked cool having invisible death tendrils made for killing and screwing on your back.

8. Death Perception (Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai)

Similar to Vectors, Death Perception is good for killing and screwing (especially if there's a cat involved) and, as you've noted before, seeing death is just oh so cool.

7. An EB-0, 1961 model (FLCL)

This is the guitar of the Pirate King himself. I'm not talking some stretchy goofball who had to go through like six seasons until he got a musician on board. No fool, I'm talking the true King of Pirate Kings, Atomsk.

6. Magical Girl Powers (Any Magical Girl Series)

I'm a dude but should a cute little animal with a steely stare ever want to make a contract with me wherein I have to sell my soul, dignity, and change my gender to become a magical girl I'd do it in heart beat.

5. Row Row Fight the Powah Powers (Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann)

I shouldn't even have to explain my self here.

4. AT Field (If You Don't Know What This is From Your Power Level is Two Low to Even be Reading This)

"Have you Lilum not realized that this thing you call an AT field is a manifestation of my very soul, an inviolable barrier upon which none may enter?"

3. Accelerator Powers (Index)

This is just a given. Really, straight up Akira/Shin Sekai Yori levels of telekineses are preferred but I did say I'd stay away from generic powers.

2. Death Note (Death Note)

Despite the fact that I like to believe I've matured past the giant teen angst power trip that is Death Note, I'm not so jaded as to believe I'm above the desire to control that kind of power. And yes, I'd go full Kira on the world. I was siding with him the whole time.

1. All Fiction (Medaka Box)

This is really the ultimate power. It's the ability to make anything nothing. Even if you die, you can simply undo it. Your opponent controls gravity? Fuck just getting rid of his power, just get rid of the existence of gravity itself! Who needs it? I'm actually really surprised I haven't seen this yet. I'd also like to take the opportunity to recommend the Medaka Box manga because it's pretty big on crazy awesome powers. For example, there's a character whose power is based around the word "therefore". As in, “an aircraft carrier is a giant, dense, piece of metal therefore I can cut it in half with a pair of safety scissors”. Yeah, and that's just the tip of the ice burgh with Medaka Box.

• 2 weeks later...

1:Blood control (Deadman Wonderland)

it'd suck to have to cut yourself for a fight, but imagine the look on the other guys face when he sees this shit.

tumblr_mp4tzlDgSS1swxj00o7_r1_500.gif

2:Transform into a weapon(Soul Eater)

You could always help someon else out by doing so, or you can partially transform yourself to be able to fight 1 on 1

3: Air bending (Avatar the last air bender)

Air bending would just be awesome, being able to fly and glide around, as well as ride on a ball of wind, sign me up.

... I still don't understand how it is the fire nation actually beat them <,< How do you beat someone who can suck the air out of your lungs making them collapse instantly, I don't get it.

4:Alchemy (Full metal alchamist)

I think itd be very fun to do, but only if I could somehow survive preforming a human transmutation, mostly because I don't think anyone could draw a perfect transmutation circle in our world, especially quickly and underpressure as you often might have to attempt to do if you need to do something on the fly.

5:Geass (code Geass)

What can I say, there is a large part of me that would love to control anyone at times <,< with just a look.

6:Being a wolf (Wolf Rain)

Having the freedom of a wolf when I wanted, and the ability to disgues myself as a human when I need to, what more could I ask for?

7:Uknowinlgy be god (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

be nice for things to work out around me for awhile

I can't really think of any more >,> 7 might be an odd number but it's all I've got, all the other anime I've watched doesn't revolve around powers, they usually revolve around natural human ability, such and reqium for the phantom, or devices, such as death note, and gurren laggen.

I can only think of one power that really sticks out to me so that's all I will name. It's also from Highschool dxd and while technically not a power in the anime yet! it is a power in the Light Novel 

Isse/Rias Switch Princess boost. this guy Literally powers up to godly using the breast of his beloved Boucho Rias.  Well he just loves oppai but, especially hers lol