What's a good Key VN to read?

TridentScythe

I can't give you any recommendations from personal experience, but I can list a few popular Key VNs that I've heard about.  The Spoilers just have the descriptions of the VNs in them.

Clannad

Although in his third year of high school, Okazaki Tomoya does not pay too much attention to school. His classmates are worried about him, but his best friend does not mind.

He does not want a girlfriend but he does not realize that he is popular with the girls.
However, his life changes when he meets a girl on the way to school...

Little Busters

Riki was a child when his parents died, leaving him hopeless and depressed. What saved him was a group of four kids calling themselves the Little Busters. They took Riki out and played with him during his time of need. He really enjoyed being together with them, and his grief gradually faded away. Now in his second year of high school they still hang out, fight and live together, and enjoy their school life.

Kanon

Yuuichi Aizawa, a high school student, returns to a town that he last visited 7 years previously to live with his aunt and cousin. For a reason he’s not quite sure of, he can hardly remember anything about his last visit, but initially this doesn’t seem to worry him too much.

The day after he arrives he goes into town where he (literally) bumps into a girl named Ayu Tsukimiya, and Yuuichi’s memories slowly begin to return.

I'll basically reiterate what I just posted in another thread (hi, Zeno!), if you want a long VN with a ton of routes, there's Clannad. If you want a long VN but maybe not a hundred gazillion routes, there's Little Busters. If you want a long VN that isn't entirely high-school slice-of-life, there's Rewrite. If you want a medium-sized VN in a wintry setting there's Kanon. If you want a medium-sized VN in a more supernatural setting, there's Air. If you want a short VN there's Planetarian. In fact, even if you don't want a short VN, read it anyways. :P

I'll basically reiterate what I just posted in another thread (hi, Zeno!), if you want a long VN with a ton of routes, there's Clannad. If you want a long VN but maybe not a hundred gazillion routes, there's Little Busters. If you want a long VN that isn't entirely high-school slice-of-life, there's Rewrite. If you want a medium-sized VN in a wintry setting there's Kanon. If you want a medium-sized VN in a more supernatural setting, there's Air. If you want a short VN there's Planetarian. In fact, even if you don't want a short VN, read it anyways. :P

Hai!  Pretty funny that the VNs I suggested were the ones that you suggested to me, huh?

Glad to have been of some help, Trident.  If you want to know more about them, I'm not the one to ask, since I've never played any of them  :/  Flutterz seems to be fairly knowledgeable about them, though.

IMO Rewrite is currently Key's masterpiece, with Little Busters! not that far behind.

However Angel Beats! is going to be their most ambitious VN by far, with 19 routes, amazing art, massive content to explore with a very lengthy completion time and sexyass H-Scenes as a bonus. It's going to... excuse my language, poop all over the Angel Beats! anime.

To summarize the above, Little Busters is the best and worst VN of the bunch, but it also falls somewhere in the middle.  Despite that, Rewrite is the top pick of Key's works, except possibly for when you're playing CLANNAD.  Additionally, Angle Beats will definitely probably blow the rest of them away when it comes out, so be sure you play Planetarian.  Also, Kanon is pretty good.

To summarize the above, Little Busters is the best and worst VN of the bunch, but it also falls somewhere in the middle. 

I'm a little confused as to what that statement means. Is it because there are some parts are really and others that are really bad? Or is it players' opinions?