Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

I think that, what everyone is wondering is whether, in the worst case MG refuses to work on this game, what will be your position: release a patch on your own, or wait and hope they end up changing their mind?

Anyway, thanks for your work, I'll continue to follow you on FB everyday, as always ^^

As for Moeshouden, our general stance has been that, if all goes well with SKM, we'll likely move onto Moeshouden as our logical next step. Considering the next sequel, Eiyuutan, is being released in parts right now and the full game isn't due until Summer 2016, we can safely say we won't be working on that in the immediate future. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think that, what everyone is wondering is whether, in the worst case MG refuses to work on this game, what will be your position: release a patch on your own, or wait and hope they end up changing their mind?

The big things that would cause them to refuse would be if our translation quality isn't acceptable or if we take so long that nobody is even interested in the game anymore. Waiting for them to change their mind probably would not help us in either case, so we would probably have to explore other avenues.

They're both bad though, and they're not sequels at all. You shouldn't bother. Sengoku Koihime is definitely a much better choice.

That sounds like a matter of opinion. Though, while you are probably correct in that they probably can't be classified as "sequels," neither could you classify Shin Koihime Musou as a sequel to Koihime Musou (except for by the loosest definition of the word possible after learning some information that shows up in the fourth route). I really would not like to finish up SKM and then leave fans of the series sitting around while Moeshouden is stuck in another translation limbo like SKM was.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the silence. Anyway, of the two main translators, I have been particularly busy with my job for the past few months (I'm not cut out to be a teacher apparently) and that left our other translator to shoulder all the work for that time. As a result, he's currently taking a quick break to prevent burnout on the project and I am trying to get a new computer because the one I used decided to completely die literally two days before my teaching contract was up. Therefore, progress is currently halted, but by no means abandoned, just consider this a short rest. As a side note, I was techincally working on image translations recently, but I never reported that progress to you guys anyway despite them being more of a hassle than I expected, so even during a halt, there is work going on behind the scenes.

Hey there guys!! I just made an account to tell you how glad I am someone decided to pick this title up, and not only that but has continued to work on it for more than a year now! You guys have a 10/10 mark in my book.

I've been reading VN's for about 6 years now, ever since I was 14. Of course; at the time I didn't know any Japanese in the slightest so I had to wait for translations in all VN's, anime and manga... so seeing someone work so hard like this on a title I've already read is pretty heartwarming. Sadly; with my university going on at the moment I don't think I could do anything to help (and self-taught japanese doesn't count much towards translating imo, even if it's a 6 year study so far), but even so I'll spread the word around to my friends, maybe someone is available.

Anyways; one way or another this post turned into some sort of life experience from me, but that just shows how nostalgic this makes me!

Keep up the good work guys, and good luck! I'll be rooting for ya!

Well it is summer time now so a short break wont hurt any1...I mean,after waiting for so long,patience is the key to victories.Also I'll make a little announcement +ask for an advice.News is,after so many years of anime+game witness,just recent days I've decided to try and learn japanese seriously.I wont mention the very pleasant surprise when I realised what you(and other people) said was true,I mean there arent quite  alphabets,more like a chart/collection of symbols each meaning something else.Not to mention most of them 'help each other' I should say,like you meet them often and with small differences obviously.I've always thought japanese symbols were hard to learn,but after I've seen them all I'm on a different approach.Are a bit tricky to learn mostly because are many,but with time and practice it is possible to go through.Not to sound more wise than I am,but Chinese/Korean symbols are on a total opposite situation,thats my honest idea after viewing them across the years.

Anyway so I've decided to learn the symbols and I'm trying my best from now on.After I'll be through with them,I'll also try for words and further.I obviously am more knowledgeable in that area,I know some words and expressions,but I'm surely still ways away.Not to mention times when certain words can mean a bit different or some words which you cant learn through the games very often like body organs,history/geo info and so on.

As for the advice:I would like to know more about furigana words,like if a chart of them exists,or anyway,how many are them/how do you make those symbols,at 1st galnce it would seem like japanese stuff modified and resembling western/latin but only a bit,and you may think 'wow what awesome/stylish symbols'.Also kanji,like if you really need them(I've red there are 2000 words so >.< no way you can try and learn them all ?!!.I am also interested in H words,you may find them often but most times I didnt knew exactly which word meant which(eng+jp included).

Final conclusion:I am not japanese(logically) and not even asian,but I am interested in all Nippon culture and stuff.I do realise I cant do all by myself so I am very opened to any sugestions/hints from others to help me improve my knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

An important update on that:I kinda failed in a way or the other.After successfully learning hiragana+katakana,I've been trying my best on words,also got an important preview of most kanjis.

Conclusion:it's a futile try.Meaning,too many words,somewhat complex grammar,and indeed too many kanjis and an important nr.of course hard to remember.

Some may argue that I had few time,didnt try enough or that I tried them all at once.I'll reply saying it wasnt quite like that,but like I said,just too many words,and I was trying to learn around 80%,so yeah as close as it can a non-Japanese get.Also many kanji issues,readings,situations,etc etc.I do consider myself of avg.intelligence,but this was just like eating a big cake when you only have 1 stomach.Luckily I had enough brains to stop wasting time for constructing my own Babel Tower.

This conclusion I ended up doesnt mean I recommend any1 trying to give up.If they have a powerful mind and maybe more resources,they could probably succeed.Also not such a big goal to learn plenty of stuff.As for myself,this doesnt mean in the least that I gave up on japanese media or got angry on them.I realy had passion on the way but had to give up,atm I'm sad as you can imagine.I'll still enjoy my anime/games.But I am not exageratingly sad,even if by some miracles I would have succeded(in an understanding time),I never would have  had the chance to real time practice and go there(Japan) for good.So either money and/or knowledge would have been a problem.

Also I still consider myself the most big and passionate about  Japanese culture,out of the non-Japanese.If ever some mind-injecting stuff is created,or some DNA altering equally,maybe I'll have the chance of 'turning Japanese'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys first of all thank you for taking up this project. I've been really looking forward to it for awhile and if possible I want know how the translation and overall progress is on right now. And are you guys hopefully intending to release a partial patch with what you have atm or just going for the full patch without any betas?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys glad to know someone picked up this translation and am happy that its translation hasn't been terminated over the year you've been translating it! :D Ive been playing Visual Novels since my sophmore year in HS my first happened to be Shuffle! but i had to get a new laptop at a little later due to the thing being quite old but then once i got a new one Koihime Musou happened to be my second novel. I happened to fall in love with all the characters while i played it and for the longest time afterward i wanted to play SKM since i would have the chance to get more out of the KM/SKM story and characters but at the time no one had picked it up and i had no way to read japanese. So once again im glad that someone has picked up this great novel! i hope you guys keep plowing through the translation progress and GL GUYS! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great that the project is still alive, though progress seems to have slowed down a lot it seems.

But considering that only the H-scenes seem to be left to translate, I guess we can start to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Just don't forget to backup all your scripts and stuff - we don't want another Aokana, do we?! ;)

Work has definitely stalled, I won't deny 2015 was a pretty slow year for us. It's a mixture of burn out and high turn over rate. But we are hiring if people wanna help. Think I have things updated on what we'd need help on.

Thank you guys for your continuing support by the way. We know this is taking longer than anyone would like, and it really does mean a lot to us that you're still rooting for us. 

Well, you guys pretty much picked the biggest monster of a title to translate there is. The persistence to continue for such a long time is really admirable. But if you manage to finish it, I'm certain that it'll have a big impact comparable to the Majikoi release.

9 hours ago, MKDude said:

Work has definitely stalled, I won't deny 2015 was a pretty slow year for us. It's a mixture of burn out and high turn over rate. But we are hiring if people wanna help. Think I have things updated on what we'd need help on.

Thank you guys for your continuing support by the way. We know this is taking longer than anyone would like, and it really does mean a lot to us that you're still rooting for us. 

We will be rooting for you, until the bitter end !

I was wondering, if it wouldn't be possible to ask for help (concerning H-scene) to some H-Subbing team, like SubDesu-H, or EroBeat?

I mean, they translate this kind of stuff all year long, so maybe one of their translator may be interested in lending you a hand?