Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

Thanks!

Also, we have resisted the urge to play a mean spirited April Fools Day prank! It was not easy to ignore such temptation...

Rofl I hate april fools day so much. I constantly check on different projects and games to see if there's any progress, and todays the only day of the year i cant check on anything with any confidence since im sure at least someones gonna post a fake update XD

MangaGamer released an official statement on the matter. Neat.

To save everyone the time, here's what was said:

Yes, the group did contact us about working together to make the release happen. As I mentioned before, there are a lot of hurdles towards Shin Koihime Musou's release - the sheer size of the project is the first to come to mind. The translation costs itself is already a huge investment for us. On the technical side of things, Nexton's in-house game engine isn't specifically made for English environments, and it's tough for them to make the necessary adjustments on their end as well. And some of you may recall, but the first Koihime Musou was originally released without voices because of complications in the licensing. It will also take some time to clear out that issue beforehand.

I haven't had the chance to take a personal look at the quality of the translation, as they say they are still in the process of making further edits to the script, but that's one thing we value above all else. If the translation quality doesn't cut it, we're not interested and we will tell any fan-translation group that they need to go back and redo it if they're still serious about seeing whatever project they're working on get an official release.

Our staff would love to see Shin Koihime Musou released, and we are working fairly regularly with different parties to try and figure out how we can approach the unique hurdles involved in its localization. If there's a quality fan-translation group willing to put in the work and work with us, we're willing to consider it as an option, but that does not mean it's the only option we're considering, nor does it guarantee the success of the project at the moment.

I have absolutely no useful skills to offer this endeavor.  But... well, I appreciate that it's not exactly an easy thing you're trying to do, and I'd just like to offer my thanks and moral support.

Also, it's pretty cool how you're taking the translation into your own hands, since cost would be prohibitive.  I guess I'm just worried that everyone'll burn out and leave it unfinished and unhappy...

That's... actually pretty good to hear.  It makes me feel like I am helping somehow.  Good luck again, I guess.

Also, that picture of the lolis all grown up makes me sad, but for "Why can't they be like that in the game?" reasons rather than the... other ones..

Thanks for doing this. It may not mean much, but if this is released in the US, I will buy it. Also, nice Profile Pic. I have had that as the wallpaper on my Laptop for a year now. I loved that scene! Cheers, and good luck!

I've currently got a motivational picture from the harem ending as mine. As I've said before, it is our intention to release this in the US (or wherever English speakers buy it, I guess) and we'll make sure everyone gets to play it. Thanks for the support!

I have been on fuwanovel many many times but I have never bothered to make an account to join in the discussion, but PLEASE PLEASE do not give up on this project. You have 100000000% of my support and there are a lot of other people out there that feel the same way.

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Guys, first of all I know how stupid I look asking this question here but I am desperate. I am looking everywhere for so I figured maybe someone here would help me. Long story short I was replaying koihime, my little brother got his hands on it and change all ogg files to be opened with either notebook or windows media player by default. I am not a tech guy and I have no idea what to do. I am close to tears. Help! 

First off, you guys are the absolute best. I've been searching for any news regarding Shin's translation for literally years since i played the first, and i just stumbled upon this thread today while checking new stuff here. Continue what you guys are doing with even more awesomeness! You guys have all of my undying support and love!!!

demotivational-poster-12743.jpg

As a Dynasty Warriors fan, I tried to look up who that was in Romance of the Three Kingdoms terms.  Unfortunately... no one I'd heard of, but looking it up was rather rewarding.

Way to make me learn, Koihime Musou!  Maybe Guo Jia's companion will make it into some expansion or other down the line.  Kinda surprising such an old guy got turned into a loli though, they're usually better about making the "veterans" more middle-aged.

If I'm not mistaken, Guo Jia isn't Fuu, he's Rin. The poor health joke of Guo Jia translates from the two games into Rin getting excessive nosebleeds whenever she thinks lewd thoughts. Being a perverted character in Koihime Musou, she's often found in a pool of her own blood.

ALSO! Recruitment Requests: We still need a TL Checker so our translators can avoid double-duty.

Well, if my banal pointless comments are the only way I can support the project, than by Jove I'll get to it!

Shion was one of my favorite characters in the first Koihime Musou, but I didn't like to use her in battles because her Ougi ability as a general was weak and her tactical skills were very defensive in a game that rewarded aggression.  Her new ones seem much more powerful, if a bit... straightforward.

Then again, for all I know, the battle system's so completely different now that making a value judgement is pointless.

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Well, if my banal pointless comments are the only way I can support the project, than by Jove I'll get to it!

Shion was one of my favorite characters in the first Koihime Musou, but I didn't like to use her in battles because her Ougi ability as a general was weak and her tactical skills were very defensive in a game that rewarded aggression.  Her new ones seem much more powerful, if a bit... straightforward.

Then again, for all I know, the battle system's so completely different now that making a value judgement is pointless.

That is true that out of 6 generals you had at your disposal she had the weakest Ougi( taking into consideration that I personally never used it) so it´s nice to see that she is improved. But if you want the absolute worst Ougi of Koihime Musou (including the ones from the generals you face) that one definitely goes to Shia´s, it took way to long to charge ( funny taking into consideration that in the game they praise her speed, I mean her title is " Shia the Swift ") and by the time it was ready you the player would have already done enough damage to make it useless. On that note is she a general you can use? If so I am very much looking forward to see what they do with her abilities.