Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

As Vorthod said, Moeshouden is next on our list. We also wish to do the third game, Eiyuutan, but that doesn't even have a release date in Japan yet. Needless to say, we won't worry about that until we finished SKM and Moeshouden.

And as I mentioned on the Facebook page, we have finished the Go route. That means the only main route left is the bonus route, Kan. There's still character events, H-scenes, and TL Checking though, so it's not like if you don't join as a translator now, you miss your chance to come aboard. We're always looking for me people. But for the fans, yes, we are getting closer to that incredible 100% translated status. Slowly, but we are.

will it be released through mangagamer or as a fantranslation?

Is Sengoku Koihime being considered?

Considered, yes, and I would personally like to play that game myself, but that is quite a ways down the road (at the very least we have SKM to finish up. Plus Moeshouden and any other games we may want to do first haven't even been started yet), so don't expect any sort of timely release.

will it be released through mangagamer or as a fantranslation?

If you're talking about Shin Koihime Musou, then it depends on if MangaGamer can make a licensing deal with BaseSon and Nexton. If they can, then they have told us that they will take care of the text insertion, the localization, etc. as long as we provide a translation.

If you're talking about Moeshouden. That will probably rely on what happens with SKM itself. If MangaGamer fails to make a deal for SKM, there's not much of a chance that they will release Moeshouden since it's a sort of sequel/spinoff, but if they do make a deal for SKM, then it's hard to imagine them not being able to do the same for Moeshouden.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you know what they say, "Save the best for last." Just keep in mind that we haven't finished character events yet for them.
Though I will mention that even in the internal game files Go is labeled as the third route, so I guess we were simply following that order. (Let's just ignore the fact that the translations started before we extracted those files :P )

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you guys saw, but some updates from BaseSon:

BaseSon is planning a huge expansion of their Koihime series over the next two years. Shin Koihime†Eiyuutan will come out in three separate chapters (for each faction) next April, July and October. There are also plans for three additional chapters after that. These will be set in a world similar to Moeshouden. In late 2015, there will be the 18+ version Sengoku†Koihime X, with new characters, episodes and H scenes. Finally, even more characters will be revealed in Shin Koihime†Musou -Kakumei-, which is scheduled for summer 2016.

So Kelebek1, from what you're saying...we're not going to run out of work any time soon. A part of this feels very bittersweet to me. Also, can ya link the info you're seeing? We're following BaseSon somewhat, but I at least hadn't heard some of these things. 

Also, we'll be giving an end of the year percentage, so check back next week for that. It'll also be on the Facebook page.

I should probably give an actual The SKM Project response to this. We have talked about the other games in our chat, and we recognize that if we work on them then we'll be a team for a very long time. We also are excited about the upcoming games, though we have all agreed that we will not sequence-break. As it stands, our current plan is Shin Koihime Musou, then Moeshouden. We'll basically get to the future games when we get to them.

Alright guys, we're going to start updating the first post with our progress and whatnot, so check it out whenever you need to know our current progress and open positions.

If you guys finish the translation before mangagamer agrees to bring it out, will you guys then bring it out as a fantranslation?

BTW: Happy New Year!

If you guys finish the translation before mangagamer agrees to bring it out, will you guys then bring it out as a fantranslation?

BTW: Happy New Year!

i highly doubt they´ll handle it that way.

it costs BOTH partys involved a lot of their time & money and therefore there shouldn´t be any issues in supporting them, by PAYING for the finished product.

• 1 month later...

can someone tell me what alphabet is used in those games,because there are some games that i want to play but are not translated.i think is hiragana but i'm not sure

This game is rather unforgiving to those new to the language (as I was when I first started). There is definitely hiragana and kanji, but I would read on to hear a few warnings about how they've written their scripts.

1) This game's kanji does not use furigana in any way (It does not show the readings of the kanji when they use more obscure ones), so you had better have access to a text hooker or a dictionary if you aren't comfortable with kanji readings.

2) they use many outdated kanji and phrases. (無い instead of just ない for example)

3) there is next to no katakana so the dialogue is often very outdated Japanese instead of the more modern counterparts that mimic English words. (take that as you will, but don't expect anyone but Kazuto to use modern words like that unless someone else heard him use it beforehand.)

This game is rather unforgiving to those new to the language (as I was when I first started). There is definitely hiragana and kanji, but I would read on to hear a few warnings about how they've written their scripts.

1) This game's kanji does not use furigana in any way (It does not show the readings of the kanji when they use more obscure ones), so you had better have access to a text hooker or a dictionary if you aren't comfortable with kanji readings.

2) they use many outdated kanji and phrases. (無い instead of just ない for example)

3) there is next to no katakana so the dialogue is often very outdated Japanese instead of the more modern counterparts that mimic English words. (take that as you will, but don't expect anyone but Kazuto to use modern words like that unless someone else heard him use it beforehand.)

thanks for advice,even if i can't speak japanese,thanks to the animes i've watched i can understand if i hear it,but i want to learn to read because there is to much dialogue that is not dubbed. 

PS;those warnings are just for this game or every eroge is like that?

thanks for advice,even if i can't speak japanese,thanks to the animes i've seen i can understand if i hear it,but i want to learn to read because there is to much dialogue that is not dubbed. 

PS;those warnings are just for this game or every eroge is like that?

Most modern Japanese text will have hiragana, katakana, and kanji intermixed, eroge included. VNs tend not to have furigana options, but you can use text-hooking programs like Visual Novel Reader and ITH to assist in reading. If your vocabulary and understanding of grammar is decent, you could be able to get by with that.

Also this is pedantic, but those aren't alphabets. Hiragana and Katakana are syllabaries, not alphabets, and Kanji is a logographic script, the same category as egyptian hieroglyphics, which is VERY different. 

Most modern Japanese text will have hiragana, katakana, and kanji intermixed, eroge included. VNs tend not to have furigana options, but you can use text-hooking programs like Visual Novel Reader and ITH to assist in reading. If your vocabulary and understanding of grammar is decent, you could be able to get by with that.

Also this is pedantic, but those aren't alphabets. Hiragana and Katakana are syllabaries, not alphabets, and Kanji is a logographic script, the same category as egyptian hieroglyphics, which is VERY different.