Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

It be faster if someone who already knows without trial and error what to do helps, just saying if they need more help I'd be willing as long as they can point me to where I need to go in the code and what to do. I have very simple coding understanding so looking at it I can kind of figure out what is going on while at the same time not really seeing it either.

Send 'em here if they respond! I'm asking my journalism friends if they wanna cover this project so we can get a bit of publicity too.

Sure, and that will be a also a very good help. Many want to play this game but cannot because it's not translated at the moment, but if the words get out that there is a hope for it's translations, we might get more people who are interested in this and are capable of helping us in it.

I go sleep for a few hours and this place is flooded with conversation, huh. First of all, I don't think kickstarter is a good idea. I'd say, as long as we make an actual patch and give it to mangagamer, they'll probably deal with the money problem. It's sorta their job, after all. Aside from that... sadly, I can't really do any editing and don't want to even get anywhere near licensing, so keep me out of the technical details. As for editor, I remember having Aria the Natural PS2 project before starting on Koihime and after seeing it, someone made this. If he's still here, you can at least ask how it's done... though it was a PS2 game, not the PC one.

Oh, and just in case, before anyone misunderstands, I can't read japanese. Kanji is too difficult for me. But I can grab it with agth and convert to understandable romaji, which is what I've been doing all this time.

And one more, since most of translators only concentrate on one heroine's route, there's always an option to make a partial patch for Shoku alone, especially since I have everything but Rinrin's events done.

Well a dumb question to ask but I'll ask then also, shouldn't we make a team and open a new topic in which everything related to this project would be, like the member's involved and the translation/editing/scripting progress, etc.

And one more, since most of translators only concentrate on one heroine's route, there's always an option to make a partial patch for Shoku alone, especially since I have everything but Rinrin's events done.

I would say we need to compile everything you have translated right now first into a script, then worry about partial patches after progress in made into the games hard code. Plus before we can even think about releasing a patch we need someone to translate all the menu's (at-least I would want those done in the first patch).   

Plus before we can even think about releasing a patch we need someone to translate all the menu's (at-least I would want those done in the first patch).   

If you're talking about the menu's graphic, then I'm working on it already, it's slow because they are typical kanji character and I first had to find what they mean, as soon as it's done I'll post the pic here to take the confirmation that work is right or not

Come to think of it...save for licencing issues, all we are missing for the project is in-game editors, correct?

I'd say we need another translator that would cover H-scenes and events that I skipped. Otherwise, at my pace, it'll still take ages to finish. What I have now took me more than a year to make, after all.

While I could do some technical editing, I'd rather not. You're going to need editors and quality checkers even if the text is translated anyways. Most of the fluency in visual novels are from these jobs rather than the translator. 

And technical editing is tedious / more time consuming (already in a few projects) :P

I'd be fine with teaming up and sure, if we had more editors (and we will - it's by far the most volunteered for role once we get going) I could help with some technical editing as well :P

That would be great, thanks! 

Alright, how many "jobs" do we have covered so far?

I don't mind helping editing (just tell me whats involved) and quality checking is what I was going to help with anyways seeing as error finding is something I do even if I'm not trying to do it. On a unrelated note if all the menu items are picture text and what not I can more then likely help translate a few of them seeing as there is alot of menu text items that are universal in japanese games so I understand what a few of them mean. Also it seems we need another translator or two based on what Akikojam was saying so not only the project can go faster, but we can get all routes finished sooner. Once we have the major story complete and any after story stuff that needs taken care of at that point I think it be the best time to go back and translate the H scene's just for completion purpose so we can show the game was fully translated. Also MKDude if I wasn't fine with teaming up I wouldn't be offering to help.

That would be great, thanks! 

Alright, how many "jobs" do we have covered so far?

Assuming MangaGamer will cover the usual technical jobs like hacker and such, we need translators, translation checkers, editors, quality checkers and beta testers - several of each - if we want to get it done efficiently.