Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

• 2 months later...

Indeed, the translation is now at 100%.  But please, don't anyone get hopes up.  That's a very misleading figure.  The translated material is not in a very satisfying state.  Editing is required.

And the editing percentage is highly misleading also.  The material that has been edited is not up to par.  Sometime in May, I realized this and decided to start over; now I'm playing with the game open, listening to all the dialog.  This is actually the reason that status updates have stopped: editing is not back to where it was originally yet, but the stats no longer reflect this.  (It has also been much slower going, since real life got inconvenient for me.  Such is always the way.)

• 2 months later...

now i know you announced it on the Facebook page back at the begining of december that you wernt going to do a public release in hopes of a Mangagamer release is that still the case or will you be releasing it to the public afterall since it looks like all of the Manga gamers projects ATM are major projects like the rance series?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Original manager here. Unfortunately, things obviously didn't work out. I don't know if anyone from the old team is still working on it or if what has been translated and edited is still saved anywhere.

I just wanted you all to know I personally apologize this didn't go according to plan. If I get in touch with the other members from back in the day, hopefully we can at least give you all something after all these years of you guys waiting. 

I want to personally thank you for your continued support, and I'm sorry the translation and all that never came to fruition.

I have been remiss in one thing.  Now that this thread has been necro'ed, I see it.  I never formally announced I wasn't going to be updating here anymore.  The updates just stopped.  I didn't even provide the link to the real status tracker pasted half a page or so above.  So here goes...

This project is not cancelled.  I am editing it.  This thread will not receive periodic updates with percentages anymore.  That was mostly useful because VNTS pulled numbers from here, and VNTS was high profile so feeding it accurate numbers was useful.  But there is no more VNTS and never will be again (the 2 updates last July only hammer that point home).  So there's no point in manually compiling percentage data to dump into posts here.  All that data is automatically tracked at the project official tracker: https://cookie4.com/projects/skm1/progress/

Progress is slow.  I wasn't happy with the original work I'd done, so I started over.  The percentage didn't reset to 0, so all the lines I edited before still show as edited.  Consequently a bunch of work doesn't show up there, and that will stay a problem more or less until I finish Shoku.

Edited by Nandemonai

As someone who currently work on VNTS, I'll just say that I'm still following the updates of Shin Koihime Musou here. While normally I should note the line progress here, I rarely note that in my VNTS Reviews because I prefer to write the editing progress whenever the percentage change in the reviews. Of course I took the note on the lines update when it come to my other VNTS, so yeah I know that the project is still ongoing here. Good luck on your editing work there.

PS - It's too bad that there's no more VNTS in the front page as of now, seeing that admin Tay was probably quite busy and that currently our Decay was very busy in Nekonyan's works.

Edited by littleshogun

Just made an account to reply to this to let you know there are still people eagerly awaiting a full translation. Franky even an unedited one would be a good step in the right direction. For those what know enough anime to read between the lines and figure out the tone. I appreciate all the work you guys do to properly translate games for us. And sometimes It can feel like no one cares. But from the no doubt multitude of lurkers still watching hang in there XD

• 3 months later...

I am new to this whole setup but I have about 2 months coming up in the hospital and a really good laptop, so if there is anything I can do to help, I would love to.  my Japanese is horrible but I am a QC pro :D  please let me know if I can help with anything.

• 3 weeks later...

well riasdrake if im being honest your best shot at that is probably to contact nandemonai or to post in the facebook group, both actually for better chances of being noticed as for your japanese i doubt thats a problem since the game is translated just not edited 

also made the account just to reply here since i been a lurker for however long this project has existed 5 years now i believe needless to say i been anxiously awaiting this to be finished but i understand that life comes first i would help if i could but sadly i got 0 knowledge of how to edit still il wait as long as it takes if anyone seeing this has a way to contact the editor directly tell them that someone looks to help out, doesnt hurt to get the word out there am i right

Edited by Pheonix
extra info

• 6 months later...

I've been looking out for this one for years but to cut everything short as far as I know, many people have been working with this TL for a long time but one(or more) of the key people working on this wants it to be a legit release (probably with the hopes of making real money).

Look, there's nothing wrong with trying to make money and be recognized legitimately. I'm sure it was a lot of work, but with the chance of going official being increasingly unlikely (it was already a low chance to begin with because licenses are expensive), it would be nice if the TL could be 'open-sourced' and go back to being a "fan translation" as it always should have been. I mean it's been 7 years at this point and it would be extremely disappointing to find this TL never releasing just because some people are a little stubborn. Seriously, isn't this supposed to be a passion project?

PS: you could drop the TL from the H-scenes for all I care, all I want to know is how the story goes and how different it is compared to the previous one. Please give it some closure.

Another PS: is there any discord server for this particular TL? It would be nice to be able to talk with the actual people involved. Seriously, if translations are done and all that's left is technical stuff like editing, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are willing to help (including me). I'm sure it will significantly speed up the process.

Edited by Hal
typo