Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

Oh geez, I didn't realize our official presence on this site had gotten this sparse. MKDude was the guy who was really keeping tabs on our various "PR" angles, but he also kind of fell off the face of the earth like that horde of editors I mentioned in that FaceBook post someone kindly copied over to this thread. If anyone wants a more reliable way to get in touch with us, I'm still watching the Facebook side of things pretty closely since I actually use that site and notifications will actually reach me for comments and messages. That being said, I'm probably going to work on getting notifications sent to me for this site as well so I can actually keep up with stuff here. Sorry again for the silence.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright it looks like things are finally official so I can stop dancing around this issue. The SKM Translation Project will be partnering with Luna translations from here on out.

Luna Translation is a conglomeration of teams working on several Visual Novels. Which provides us with a number of resources that will help us complete SKM. What will this “cooperation” between us mean?

The H-scenes of SKM will finally be translated! Yes, we already started working on them, we just have some more people around to work on them now. 
Editing, Translation Check (or TLC) and Quality Checking positions have been completely filled! There will be no more need for recruitment anymore. The team is now stabilized in terms of membership and recruitment has been completely closed as of now.
Proper full-patch (potentially with smaller font for the text to let more lines fit in the text box) and more features to ease the work of both the translators and the image editors to apply their work.
Hacking will be completely covered by Luna from now on!

I think those have been the immediate changes that happened by joining them, but gradually they’ll assimilate our team into their group completely and we’ll hopefully keep our partnership even after we finish Shin Koihime Musou.

~Vorthod Wiler

Actually, going by this statement on the SKM translation site it sounds like the project is more or less 'saved' now with the partnership with Luna Translations. Pretty cool, I was almost starting to loose hope. So maybe I won't have to read the Gi route in Japanese like the other ones after all. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Actually, going by this statement on the SKM translation site it sounds like the project is more or less 'saved' now with the partnership with Luna Translations. Pretty cool, I was almost starting to loose hope. So maybe I won't have to read the Gi route in Japanese like the other ones after all. :rolleyes:

The process has sped up quite a bit, so I'd say it's proving to be a pretty good thing.

2 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I'd already knew (Or maybe just guessed) that SKM project was joining Luna Translation according to this tweet. Let me said good luck to the team after joining Luna Translation there. Hope you could see the project to the end ie finishing the project.

Would have been interesting if the team hadn't joined Luna, lel. Internet drama!

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, FatesEnd said:

How will Luna Translations (apparently) being dissolved affect this project?

Not much, really. The project got help from Luna but remained "independent" as a project, so this dissolution simply means that the project no longer uses that particular name (as it's been dissolved). Work should continue as normal, steadily advancing towards the future.

On 2/24/2017 at 9:24 AM, Kelebek1 said:

Wonder if you'll get it out before Kakumei, which comes end of July.

Hah.  In four months?  Not a chance.  I don't see any way this releases anytime soon.  If for no other reason, I'm slow and there's a lot of h-scenes left to translate.

The dissolution of Luna has affected us not at all.

Edit:  After discussing this with Vorthod (the lead), there really isn't any reason not to give a more realistic ETA.  Based on my assessment of where the project is now - what remains to be done, and the rate of current progress - My personal opinion is that I expect a release before 2019 is completely impossible.

Edited by Nandemonai

On 2/25/2017 at 1:19 PM, Nandemonai said:

Edit:  After discussing this with Vorthod (the lead), there really isn't any reason not to give a more realistic ETA.  Based on my assessment of where the project is now - what remains to be done, and the rate of current progress - My personal opinion is that I expect a release before 2019 is completely impossible.

This made me
cry a lot
deep inside
my soul.

On 2/26/2017 at 3:19 AM, Nandemonai said:

Hah.  In four months?  Not a chance.  I don't see any way this releases anytime soon.  If for no other reason, I'm slow and there's a lot of h-scenes left to translate.

The dissolution of Luna has affected us not at all.

Well, this will take a lot more of time than expected.