Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

The original (Koihime Musou) is only a Shu route, where the protag takes the place of Liu Bei. Shin Koihime Musou has Shu, Wu, Wei routes and an "Other" route, and you don't take the place of the rulers, so Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Jian are all in the game. So yeah, it's a lot lot bigger.

Only thing worse in Shin Koihime, in my opinion, is the ending. I like the original ending so much more.

The original (Koihime Musou) is only a Shu route, where the protag takes the place of Liu Bei. Shin Koihime Musou has Shu, Wu, Wei routes and an "Other" route, and you don't take the place of the rulers, so Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Jian are all in the game. So yeah, it's a lot lot bigger.

Only thing worse in Shin Koihime, in my opinion, is the ending. I like the original ending so much more.

if you don't mind can you tell me if the other endings are like the Gi ending?

i think i can learn hiragana and katakana in two month but with kanji i don't even know from where to start there are to many and it's not like i have to learn them all,can someone give me some advice with that?

If you just want to read games, look up things like "AGTH" or "visual novel reader" (I've not tried the latter but hear that it's amazing). If you use those programs with something like Translation aggregator (using the Mecab and/or JParser japanese dictionaries), you can actually get the program to show you the readings of Kanji in Hiragana, Katakana, or even romaji (IE: the english alphabet).

On the other hand, if you're serious about learning kanji, you might get lucky and have a community college or something nearby that offers some Japanese classes; there may also be some online courses as well that I am not aware of. I personally practiced with a phone app called "Obenkyo" for a while to study my kanji since it breaks down the kanji into JLPT levels and let's you select a customized group of them to test yourself with. I used it to practice both writing and reading and managed to ace my kanji tests back in college thanks to it, so it might be worthwhile to check out as an option since it's a completely free app.

I got a question, what's the difference between ShinKoihime and Koihime Musou? is Shinkoihime a better version of Koihime Musou with a massive amount of content added?  

You could say that. Koihime Musou made Kazuto into the leader of Shoku (AKA Shu) by having him replace Ryuubi (AKA Liu Bei), after which he basically assimilates all the other factions as well. In this game, the factions stay separate and you get to choose which route to follow. To compensate for each route being entirely separate entities this time around, the developers have just about doubled the number of characters in the game, so there is a lot of new content to look forward to.

if you don't mind can you tell me if the other endings are like the Gi ending?

Without giving too much away. Every ending is very different. Some are happy and some are sad, but I love all of them for what they are, so I think it's worth it to check them all out.

thanks for advice,even if i can't speak japanese,thanks to the animes i've watched i can understand if i hear it,but i want to learn to read because there is to much dialogue that is not dubbed. 

PS;those warnings are just for this game or every eroge is like that?

Sorry I didn't reply to this one earlier. No, not every eroge is like this. Koihime is set in a very ancient setting, so the outdated kanji and lack of katakana is practically a unique part of this game alone. Any modern setting will eliminate those two problems almost entirely. However, the lack of furigana is pretty common in other games. I've run across only a couple that tried to use furigana and some of them did it so poorly that it wreaked havoc with the crappy translator I was using at the time. (they would write things like 加速(かそく)する which broke up the actual word into something that a program couldn't recognize.)

If you just want to read games, look up things like "AGTH" or "visual novel reader" (I've not tried the latter but hear that it's amazing). If you use those programs with something like Translation aggregator (using the Mecab and/or JParser japanese dictionaries), you can actually get the program to show you the readings of Kanji in Hiragana, Katakana, or even romaji (IE: the english alphabet).

On the other hand, if you're serious about learning kanji, you might get lucky and have a community college or something nearby that offers some Japanese classes; there may also be some online courses as well that I am not aware of. I personally practiced with a phone app called "Obenkyo" for a while to study my kanji since it breaks down the kanji into JLPT levels and let's you select a customized group of them to test yourself with. I used it to practice both writing and reading and managed to ace my kanji tests back in college thanks to it, so it might be worthwhile to check out as an option since it's a completely free app.

You could say that. Koihime Musou made Kazuto into the leader of Shoku (AKA Shu) by having him replace Ryuubi (AKA Liu Bei), after which he basically assimilates all the other factions as well. In this game, the factions stay separate and you get to choose which route to follow. To compensate for each route being entirely separate entities this time around, the developers have just about doubled the number of characters in the game, so there is a lot of new content to look forward to.

Without giving too much away. Every ending is very different. Some are happy and some are sad, but I love all of them for what they are, so I think it's worth it to check them all out.

i tried to use translation aggregator but with Mecab said Failed to initialize MeCab and with JParser said No dictionaries loaded

i don't know if i use it right,i use it with ITH,i saw in a video on youtube but it's not working

i tried to use translation agregator but with Mecab said Failed to initialize MeCab and with JParser said No dictionaries loaded

i don't know if i use it right,i use it with ITH,i saw in a video on youtube but it's not working

Have you seen this post? maybe it can help you

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8239-how-to-install-and-run-untranslated-visual-novel-text-hooking-tools/

thanks fo advice but those programs don't translate in english,they just make the text easier to read in japanese,i'm not that good at reading yet so i was looking for something to translate the text in english....thanks anyway!

thanks fo advice but those programs don't translate in english,they just make the text easier to read in japanese,i'm not that good at reading yet so i was looking for something to translate the text in english....thanks anyway!

AAAh ok misunderstood your post :P

ごめんなさい

Machine translations are a waste of time, their results are really awful and your time is better spent reading the stuff that is translated and studying the language.

i tried to use translation aggregator but with Mecab said Failed to initialize MeCab and with JParser said No dictionaries loaded

Yeah, since they are dictionaries instead of translators, you need to make sure that the right files are saved in places they can get to them. It's been a long time since I've gone through the setup, but there's a thread on Hongfire talking about this (http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/94395-Translation-Aggregator-v0-4-9), but the important part is right here:

"JParser requires edict2 (Or edict) in the dictionaries directory, and supports multiple dictionaries in there at once."

so just follow the link to that site, get the e-dictionary that you want, and drop it in TA's dictionary folder. Hopefully that will let you use Jparser. 

• 3 weeks later...

This game is rather unforgiving to those new to the language (as I was when I first started). There is definitely hiragana and kanji, but I would read on to hear a few warnings about how they've written their scripts.

1) This game's kanji does not use furigana in any way (It does not show the readings of the kanji when they use more obscure ones), so you had better have access to a text hooker or a dictionary if you aren't comfortable with kanji readings.

2) they use many outdated kanji and phrases. (無い instead of just ない for example)

3) there is next to no katakana so the dialogue is often very outdated Japanese instead of the more modern counterparts that mimic English words. (take that as you will, but don't expect anyone but Kazuto to use modern words like that unless someone else heard him use it beforehand.)

Well, Hiragana is supposed to be used for Japanese words/names/etc while Katakana is used for foreign words/names/etc. So considering how far in the past the game is, it's not surprising that there is no Katakana. There are no computers or such things that they needed to "steal" foreign words for, so no Katakana. As for Kanji, well, Kanji *is* old... It's fitting the times.

• 1 month later...

Pseudo-update, Koihime Eiyuutan's Shoku route comes out 4-24 in Japan. We won't even touch that right now, but I figured it'd be good to inform those that wanted to download the Japanese version.

We also plan on doing a Q&A on the Facebook group linked in my signature in the near future, so feel free to ask whatever you want then!

• 2 weeks later...

I just made an account to say that... you guys are awesome! I've always been a fan of eroge that has harem/more than one lover in them. And IMO I think they're going extinct...

Getting pretty excited for this one.

Oh a side note, if you guys don't mind me asking, is there any plan for translating "Moeshouden"?

And I'm not asking if YOU guys are going to do it, I just can't find any forum post that its being planned or what.

Harem is just something I just can't refuse in an eroge. :3

Right now our plan is to work with MG to release this game under their publication. That's been the plan for over a year now (holy hell...) and we wouldn't deliberately do anything that would jeapordize that. If they want to release a demo at some point, we'll let everyone know.

As for Moeshouden, our general stance has been that, if all goes well with SKM, we'll likely move onto Moeshouden as our logical next step. Considering the next sequel, Eiyuutan, is being released in parts right now and the full game isn't due until Summer 2016, we can safely say we won't be working on that in the immediate future.