Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

MKDude

We have a TON of files that need lining and I would love to have people around for it. With a lot of volunteers, it's possible they may run out of work somewhat quickly, but at the moment, the team is still very small and the workload is quite large, so if you are interested, go ahead and send me a message.

Not to change the subject, but this is a heads up for everyone that doesn't follow our Facebook page. 

We have started translating the Shin Koihime Musou manga. This is not a part of the visual novel, nor does it have any involvement from MangaGamer or BaseSon, this is just something we're doing to give the fans more to enjoy. Chapter 1 is already up.

https://www.facebook.com/theskmproject

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So about that earlier discussion about using the original translations names vs. the Chinese ones wouldn't be possible to just make two different translations? One that uses the Chinese and another that uses the other translations?

Possible, yes. Pain in the butt, also yes.

1) First and foremost is that Plan A is to work with MangaGamer on the localization and they want consistency with the original translation. I am also personally in agreement with this, but my opinion shouldn't be holding any water in this kind of debate, so I will just emphasize the MG thing.

2) Even if we're forced to find our own way to get it out, the amount of work it would take to change the names is much more than you would think. We can't just run a ctrl+f replace of names and such because things like the automatic line breaks would pose a huge problem for the scripts meaning that we would have to go through every script and make sure nothing gets cut off. Some of the scenes I've made tentative patches for have lines that barely fit as is and changing any names could require rewriting the whole line so that they don't overflow. Then there are all the images that would need to be photoshopped manually again.

3) We don't have the resources to redub any voices to change usage of the names to Chinese versions (A small problem, yes, but to anyone who is actually listening to the voices, it is incredibly distracting when that kind of disconnect shows up).

4)There's also the weird issue of what to do with Mana (true names); do we use a Chinese pronunciation for those (which is possible. The wikis have a Chinese version of them) or keep their original versions and emphasize that weird disconnect I was talking about earlier? Since I can imagine arguments coming from both sides, this would probably end up in a third version of the patch which would be an organizational nightmare.

Hello, is there a website other than facebook (there are only battlebio; well it's still interesting; and the chapter) where you tell where you are actually in the translation? the most recent i saw is

Progress percentages (As of 8-06)

main story: 70%
side events: 66%
H-scenes: 13%

from https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3671-shin-koihime-musou-translation-project-recruitment-and-news/

How did it progress since then?

Well i dont care if it dont come this years or next years; as long as i know people are working hard to translate this game it's fine for me. Will be waiting for this game, thanks.

Yeah, I've been refraining from posting progress percentages for a couple of reasons. Mainly:
1) it is such a huge game that it takes a while for the numbers to change significantly.

2) even after those numbers hit 100, we will need to do a few more rounds of checking and editing to get rid of the many problems that tend to surface in first translation passes.

If you want to keep tabs on how far the translation has progressed, you can take a look at Akumu Ryuu on Youtube (I'm also there as well under Caiga Shanterus, but I've put a hold on my videos so that I can work more on actual translations). Akumu is our most active translator and he posts his progress in the form of videos, so even if you want to avoid spoilers, you can see when he posts new videos to keep tabs on his progress.

Admittedly, this is not perfect as YouTube will not allow the H-scenes to be posted and we have a few other people doing smaller/slower work on the events which will not be represented on his channel, but it is a good way to gauge general progress.

Thanks for the answer, i tried not to go check on youtube because yeah, i hate spoiler and even more on a game i am waiting for since a long time ago...

I ll continue to follow the news on facebook and hope we ll get it next year since i think we wont get it this year; editing and proofcheck can be pretty long for game with a lot of text; and SKM got a LOT of text ^^'

Trust me, I understand the spoiler aversion. Even if you don't watch the videos themselves, it's possible you might view some vague spoilers if you see the thumbnails, considering the game CG may pop up in them. So I'll just leave that message up as an option for anyone who may find it relevant.

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Ok, quick question, just for curiosity sake. Since in Shin koihime kazuto is not the ruler like in the first game, does that mean that no one calls him master anymore?

Guest TheGoldenTuga

Thanks for the answer, kind sir. Also the reason my information was incomplete is because like Kaorul I´ve been avoiding anything that could be a spoiler so i was going of what i read in vague conversations. But anyhow thanks for clearing that.

Hmm, I'm a little hesitant to answer that one considering how many people are trying to avoid spoilers, but I guess spoiler tags are here for a reason.

Though the answer itself is a bit disappointing. Yes, the organization is gone; however, it is never explained how Kazuto got there as there is nothing like the little prologue from the first game.

Listening in on some early conversations in the bonus route can give some theories, but those are for a discussion that takes place when more people have access to the translation.

Hmm, I'm a little hesitant to answer that one considering how many people are trying to avoid spoilers, but I guess spoiler tags are here for a reason.

Though the answer itself is a bit disappointing. Yes, the organization is gone; however, it is never explained how Kazuto got there as there is nothing like the little prologue from the first game.

Listening in on some early conversations in the bonus route can give some theories, but those are for a discussion that takes place when more people have access to the translation.

kind of curious question, does kazuto go back to his origional world in this one as well?

i would have really liked to see more after the harem ending of the origional seeing as they were then transported sever hundered years into the future.

Would make for some comedy gold if executed well.

I will not give away any details of the endings even under a spoiler tag here, but I can at least tell you that each of the routes gives Kazuto a very different role.

Ow dont worry i dont want spoilers, i was just curious if they do something like that in any of the routes.

Because generally when they go back in a time travel story and take someone from the other side along they somehow seem to fit right in.

Despite the fact that they just went 400-800 years into the future.

think something along the lines of the aselia route in eien no aselia where they go back for a very short time.

but what i am looking for is a story were they slowly fit in into the new world.

I hope i am explaining myself correctly here. :P

but i geuss i will just find out when it gets released someday.

thanks for the answer.

Don't worry, I understand what you are trying to say, I just don't want to give away much about exactly what happens in the game where possible and that was a rather specific question. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a doujin or something that went into expanding on the harem ending of the first game.

About the fandisc, titled Shin Koihime Musou: Moeshouden, that is indeed next on our list. Looking at it from a fan's persepctive, I would probably consider it a massive kick in the balls if someone finally came around to translate Shin Koihime Musou and completely ignored the fandisc that focuses on giving the massive cast more screentime and crossover events.

As Vorthod said, Moeshouden is next on our list. We also wish to do the third game, Eiyuutan, but that doesn't even have a release date in Japan yet. Needless to say, we won't worry about that until we finished SKM and Moeshouden.

And as I mentioned on the Facebook page, we have finished the Go route. That means the only main route left is the bonus route, Kan. There's still character events, H-scenes, and TL Checking though, so it's not like if you don't join as a translator now, you miss your chance to come aboard. We're always looking for me people. But for the fans, yes, we are getting closer to that incredible 100% translated status. Slowly, but we are.