Recommendation for beginner

DarkWanderer

Hi,

I've played 2 visual novels so far and i loved them: Devil on G String and Katawa Shoujo. Could you recommend me somethink similar (2-3 titles would be great)?  I'd like it to have good plot, to have erotic content (but not some weird stuff ^.-), do not have any "gameplay" - just simple text + some choices to make, and to be "obviously" in english. I am aware that there are some lists like top 50 but they say that its not in order and im interested only in best of the best xP so I'd really appreciate if you'd let me know what you recommend.

Thanks in advance ;-) 

^Don't listen to Zeno! Heaven's Feel is great and should absolutely not be skipped. And theres not that much weird stuff in it. If you're going to skip it you might as well skip F/SN entirerly since its not complete without it.

You should definitely read Sharin no Kuni since it's by the same write as G-senjou and has many similarities, but also many opposites interestingly.

^Don't listen to Zeno! Heaven's Feel is great and should absolutely not be skipped. And theres not that much weird stuff in it. If you're going to skip it you might as well skip F/SN entirerly since its not complete without it.

I didn't mean that they should skip it entirely, just not play it until they're feeling up to the fairly depressing content in it.  Plus...

dem tentacles and leeches be messed up

, and some parts in it were very disturbing, at least they were for me.  The other two routes are nothing like Heaven's Feel in that sense; they were much more lighthearted.

When you've only read 2 VNs you can pretty much pick something from the top of VNDB at random and get a good VN.

Unless you really like reading for the sake of it I'd never recomend a huge VN like Clannad or any nakige. Fate Stay\Night can be very annoying.

That's why it is essential to ask:

What do you find enjoyable on VNs?

Do you want something relaxing or stimulating?

Do you consider H scenes as something positive, neutral or negative on VNs?

Do you enjoy drama?

Unless you really like reading for the sake of it I'd never recomend a huge VN like Clannad or any nakige. Fate Stay\Night can be very annoying.

That's why it is essential to ask:

What do you find enjoyable on VNs?

Do you want something relaxing or stimulating?

Do you consider H scenes as something positive, neutral or negative on VNs?

Do you enjoy drama?

I doubt that someone who has no interest at all in reading would ever get into VNs in the first place. The extent of that interest differs, obviously, but I can't imagine someone without it liking pretty much any VN.

I do agree that knowing all those thing will help you give better recommendations, but if someone hasn't read many VNs they might not even be sure what they enjoy in a VN yet. In that case even giving them something really different to what they've already read and enjoyed might be end up showing them their next favourite VN.