Main site translated VN list

I was reading on the forums, when I encountered this list, and it got me thinking:

"Why don't we have a list like this on the main page?"

A list like this would be really useful for our goal of "Making Visual Novels popular in the west", even if it would contain no DL links. Think about it, If we could offer a way for people to see every VN translated into english, It would not only be easy to find english-translated VNs, It would also be much more convenient than browsing, say, VNDB...

Edit: The title is supposed to say "Main site translated VN list"

Hm I think it's kind of pointless. You can just go on vndb and filter out all non english VNs. We'd just be replicating that but with less VNs.

Just go here for all the english non nukige VNs sorted by date of release. 

Edit: The title is supposed to say "Main site translated VN list"

You can edit the title if you use the full editor.

Hm I think it's kind of pointless. You can just go on vndb and filter out all non english VNs. We'd just be replicating that but with less VNs.

I'm not so sure about that. The way I see it is that by keeping a list on the main site we would be keeping the resources with the download source. Granted that before the list becomes practical it would have to be expanded and sorted better by dates or genre or length or however would work best.

This filter setting is not what's implied in the topic though.  Yes, you can exclude nukige or any other VN genre using tags, that's fine.  And you've got English as the language, and that's fine.  But you need to select Original Language = Japanese.  Otherwise, you won't get a correct translated VN list.

The other problem is, you will get unfinished translations as well as translated ones.  I don't think there is a filter for that.

Maybe we'll implement something like this in the future. Right now it would be too much work to maintain I think. Especially since we have other things we'd like to add to the site as well. But feel free to keep the thing updated. If we do decide to keep a list like that it'll be easier if there's one available to use already.

Obviously this is just my opinion. I have no idea what the rest of the staff thinks

This filter setting is not what's implied in the topic though.  Yes, you can exclude nukige or any other VN genre using tags, that's fine.  And you've got English as the language, and that's fine.  But you need to select Original Language = Japanese.  Otherwise, you won't get a correct translated VN list.

The other problem is, you will get unfinished translations as well as translated ones.  I don't think there is a filter for that.

That's true it won't filter out uncompleted translations. 

But i still think having this list on the main page will be a little reduntant. That's just my opinion though.

It's not a bad thing don't get me wrong but then we'll have our browse page with our VNs and then another page with more VNs including the ones in our browse section. That's what I mean by reduntant. 

Maybe some other way around it would help. There are many great VNs like Saya no Uta that deserve mention of course so I wouldn't be against having those somewhere.

Like Beato said there's plenty of plans to the main page already so this is not something that should be ruled out. I think a full list is reduntant, a more filtered out list would be more helpful in my opinion.

To filter all non-licensed English translated games, you can use filter like this:

http://vndb.org/r?q=;fil=lang-en.olang-ja.released-1.type-complete.patch-1;s=title;o=a;p=1

Since it filters patches and not VNs, it will not have MG games and as such not have most of the nukiges.

There are still nukiges but those are the fan-translated ones (so not that many - sonohana and few others).

To filter all non-licensed English translated games, you can use filter like this:

http://vndb.org/r?q=;fil=lang-en.olang-ja.released-1.type-complete.patch-1;s=title;o=a;p=1

Since it filters patches and not VNs, it will not have MG games and as such not have most of the nukiges.

There are still nukiges but those are the fan-translated ones (so not that many - sonohana and few others).

Oh wow i didn't even know there was a filter for patches and for full translations. You just made my life a lot easier when browsing VNs

How do you add those extra options though? I can't seem to find them.

Edit: Found it. You have to go to releases instead of visual novels.

The more you know.