List of all English translated VNs - discussion and suggestions

Flutterz

I think that adding "fully"  In title will explain it better because as I said we don't have partly translated VNs there and also VNs that were made originally in English are also made by Japanese companies so they were kinda still translated just that Japaneses companies that made the VNs have done the translation themselves and we don't western VNs there so I guess they still can count as being translated. But I don't insist on it.

Also, I think you should remove Yendare from your list as I don't believe that it's a nukige (True, I haven't played it so I am not 100%, but it doesn't give the impression as if it is nukige), if I am mistaken please someone tell me so I can remove it from my list in that case.

As for surgery, I had some infected glands in the tissue of my mouth that had to be removed and the biggest problem was that I had to be awake during surgery for some reasons, and I am immune to anesthesia that should be used for that kind of surgery so I felt every single thing, it was the most painful thing in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're including games like Kamidori and Sengoku Rance, then you'll have to include Lightning Raidy and Demon Master Chris. I don't believe they're visual novels, but consistency is more important. Ignore the fact that they aren't on VNDB. VNDB has so many mistakes in its database, it doesn't deserve to be held in the high esteem that they are.

At the end of the day, Sengoku Rance is an ecchi strategy, Ace Attorney is an adventure, and if you don't want to get into these sorts of debates, you'll be consistent and include Lightning Raidy and Demon Master Chris, which are ecchi RPGs.

Ecchi? More like hentai

Vndb sure has imperfections but its still the best of its kind

Yes, more like hentai.

VNDB is a formidable database which is useful if you want to browse through certain Japanese inspired games. The database has never been, and never will be, an accurate indication of what is (or what is not) a VN.

If you're including games like Kamidori and Sengoku Rance, then you'll have to include Lightning Raidy and Demon Master Chris. I don't believe they're visual novels, but consistency is more important. Ignore the fact that they aren't on VNDB. VNDB has so many mistakes in its database, it doesn't deserve to be held in the high esteem that they are.

At the end of the day, Sengoku Rance is an ecchi strategy, Ace Attorney is an adventure, and if you don't want to get into these sorts of debates, you'll be consistent and include Lightning Raidy and Demon Master Chris, which are ecchi RPGs.

I didn't add Demon Master Chris and Lightning Raidy to the list because I think they are nukige and my list doesn't have nukige titles in it. Tom's list is the one for nukige titles.

i dont think they are nukige since

high sexual content =/= nukige

if they were i could just add any high sexual content to the nukige list, doesnt work like that

They have high sexual content but no real story or very little story, I don't see what is a problem with adding it to the nukige list since that is a definition of nukiges. Except if I am wrong and they do have decent story that is longer than H-scenes, but I really doubt that from what I know about thouse games.

They have high sexual content but no real story or very little story, I don't see what is a problem with adding it to the nukige list since that is a definition of nukiges. Except if I am wrong and they do have decent story that is longer than H-scenes, but I really doubt that from what I know about thouse games.

there are exceptions in "nukige=high sexual content+no real plot"

i did read some thoughts on Demon Master Chris, some say there is no real story, but it has alot random dungeon crawler gameplay with some hentai

we can add those which ar not certain in "???" or something like that until we figure something out; i recommend bottom of your list if we decide to do that.

i dont like to add something in blindly where it shouldnt belong

there are exceptions in "nukige=high sexual content+no real plot"

i did read some thoughts on Demon Master Chris, some say there is no real story, but it has alot random dungeon crawler gameplay with some hentai

we can add those which ar not certain in "???" or something like that until we figure something out; i recommend bottom of your list if we decide to do that.

i dont like to add something in blindly where it shouldnt belong

I think that in both of our lists are already a few titles that we are not 100% sure if they should be there, and bisade gameplay doesn't really make any big difference in VN being nukige or not it is more question of it being VN or not. As I see it "Focus on sex > Focus on story = Nukige, Focus on gameplay > Focus on story or/and sex = JRPG"

True as for your suggestion for adding ??? list, we could instead take titles that we are not 100% sure and put them here for people who played them to give us their opinion if they are in correct list or should be removed to another list. (And in the meantime, we leave them as they are)

Ok, thanks.

1997.XX.XX - Maid Monogatari - The Asenheim Project

2009.10.10 - Sengoku Rance - Yandere Translations

2011.01.21 - Rance - Hikari o Motomete - - Rance Translations

2011.06.10 - Rance II - Hangyaku no Shoujo-tachi - - Rance Translation Projects

2012.12.25 - Rance III - Leazas Kanraku - - Rance Translations

2013.09.04 - Rance 4 - Kyoudan no Isan - - Rance Translations

2014-01-25 - Rance 4.1 ~Okusuri Koujou o Sukue!~ - Rance Translations

Removed from my list.

There are actually 3 more on my list that I am not sure about.

Kazoku Keikaku

Kazoku Keikaku is a super famous VN written by one of the most highly regarded writers in the industry; Romeo Tanaka (None of his stuff is that well translated, sadly, from what I've heard from people who has read his stuff in japanese). It is not a nukige.

I don't see why would you do that as people already answered us in which list the games we asked about should we put in.

And they all said that, except Kazoku Keikaku others should be in your list.

So I think that making "?" category just because you personally won't accept labeling some VNs as nukiges is totally unnecessary.