Looking for Helpers -- Visual Novels for Android

Some people are working on getting VNs running on Android phones and tablets. And also getting them to display in English text! (e.g. getting deardrops in english on Android)

meisakuhin_thumb.jpg?w=721&h=116

See: http://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/android-looking-for-helpers-visual-novels-for-android/

I'm not completely sure where the discussion is up to. Maybe Sakamoto and esperknight can fill in on that.

Apologies for the late reply. here's the link for the translated version of the APK using the default SJIS font : http://www.mediafire.com/?7q2i6uxdtw43qii I didn't include the files it needs to run the game as it comes out quite huge but just tell it yes and it'll grab them for you. The issues may be word wrapping but they should be fixed in this version :D (I haven't tested it fully yet so hopefully it works ;D )

The issue that may come up is that when merging in MangaGamers trans it doesn't fully match up line counts for three files. The other files could be off too but at least they do match up far as line counts go. I'll post up a link later with the merged scripts if someone could be so kind to at least help with matching up the three bad files and maybe just glance over the others to see how they look.

Otherwise this should be good to go for testing far as line wrapping and such goes. The only other issue I want to look into but not too worried about is using an ascii font vs an SJIS font. I'm not an android hacker and quite new to this so not sure how yet. I can switch it to reading the files in ascii but this doesn't affect the output as I had hoped (since a variable itself is set to SJIS). But we can worry about that later.

Let me know if there's any other issues present and I'll see about fixing them of course!

• 6 years later...