Castle Fantasia - Arihato Senki (PS 2)

CasualBoy

Hi, All. Greetings. I'm new here.
For my first topic, I want to discuss about Castle Fantasia - Arihato Senki.

CASTLE FANTASIA ~Arihato Senki~

キャッスルファンタジア ~アリハト戦記~

Castle Fantasia ~Arihato Chronicles~

castle_fantasia_arihato_senki_japon.jpg

Publisher        : GN Software
Release Date  : Aug 08, 2007
Genre            : Visual Novel with S-RPG Element

Version          : Japanese (PS 2)

Chinese (PC)

Rating            : CERO C (15+)  

Gameplay

Castle Fantasia ~Arihato Senki~ contains two episodes (in PS 2 version): Arihato Senki (Arihato Chronicle) and Seima Taisen (Sacred War). This is a text based RPG where the player proceed with the plot through reading the dialog between the characters and get involved in tactical battles. The battle system is turn based and each character has his/her specific special attacks and the distance they could cover varies. For each turn, the players can change the directions that their characters are facing, charge forwards, attack, defend, cast magic or launch special attacks. After you entered your commands, your enemy deal their damages.

Story

Arihato Chronicles Episode
Two countries, Ingela that worships the god of light and Luciella that worships the god of darkness have always been at war with each other. On the Arihato plains, a decisive battle occurred and the Ingela army is overwhelmed by the forces of Luciella's. To manage this crisis, top students from the military academy are mobilized to the front lines.

Sacred War Episode
The god of light has always ruled his country by an unbreakable heredity system, and due to its high pressures, people have longed to escape. This situation creates conflicts in the country. At first, they were small skirmishes, later it worsened into a full scale war. In this chaotic era, a hero emerges to restore order.

Characters

emb_i.jpg Injera Army (Arihato Chronicles Episode)
castle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_a
                Hewie                             Ducis                               Gurou                            Altea

emb_l.jpg Rushera Army (Arihato Chronicles Episode)
castle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_a
                Gayyak                       Ainmaru                                Fate

Members of the Seventh Holy Knights Corps (Sacred War Episode)
castle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_acastle_fantasia_arihato_war_chronicles_a

Aria                              Hannah                              Cecile                           Ciruela

Opening Movie

http://youtu.be/nYwSSVlFLcg

External Links

Help Needed

• Hacker (For extracting all stuff from its archive and reinserting back after everything edited)
  • Translator  from Japanese to English (If prefer PS 2 version)
  • Translator  from Chinese to English (If prefer PC version)

Can somebody tell me about how to extract its dialogue, picture, and music from PS2 as I don't have any idea how to do that? I found this thread, but failed to do the instruction as it seems this game has different format with the game in the instruction.

If you want to try help I will greatly appreciated it.  I don't have programming and translating skills, but I hope I could help for facilitating translation to the game (providing the game, making website, hosting, gathering and organizing team, etc).

Regards,
Casualboy

its a sequel for Seima taisen?

It's the prequel. The story is set some moment before the moment in Castle Fantasia - Seima Taisen happen. It told the story about Hewie and his friends when they still in academy of millitary.

Playstation 2 version contains both Arihato Senki and Seima Taisen episode, full with voice acting. Of course with adult content removed. So it is safe to be played by our little brother. ;)

Anyone interest to help me?

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a look but haven't advanced very much (sorry ^^; ) The PS2 architecture is a bit weird with its EE & IOP processors.

Just for the heads up, the following commit in PCSX2 should be good news:

5905	gigaherz	2014-02-21 14:29:13	No build	Initial debugger work by Kingcom. Features:
 - Advanced disassembly view for R5900 and R3000
 - Register list with change highlight
 - Editable memory view
 - Conditional execute breakpoints (r5900 only)
 - Step over
 - Scan for functions (incomplete), show macros
 - Enable C++11 for debug tools.
 - Expression parser
 - Disasm updates for thread safety
 Squashed from: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1
 Thanks to Kingcom for coding it all and mziab for Linux patches
Indeed Kingcom has previously worked on debugger support on PPSSPP. Thanks a bunch, bro'! Keep going!!

• 2 weeks later...