Grisaia no Meikyuu Translation Started

douggle

I'm surprised no one has questioned there being a Dave route in the game. Because I'm questioning it. What/why is the Dave route? The only Dave I remember was the one on Amazing Animals (if anyone remembers that from Makina's route, I think).

Also, is Meikyuu/Rakuen a sequel or does it just delve into Yuuji's past? I've heard different things, so I was wondering which one it was. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one has questioned there being a Dave route in the game. Because I'm questioning it. What/why is the Dave route? The only Dave I remember was the one on Amazing Animals (if anyone remembers that from Makina's route, I think).

Also, is Meikyuu/Rakuen a sequel or does it just delve into Yuuji's past? I've heard different things, so I was wondering which one it was. 

There's no Dave route. There actually are no conventional routes in Meikyuu - it is set up like a fandisc. When you start a new game, you're given the option of viewing one of the many scenarios - you have the continuations of all the heroines' routes from Kajitsu, then you have the Grand route, which continues directly where Kajitsu left off, only assuming that Yuuji didn't involve himself with any of the heroines on a personal level. This is the route that deals with his past and the main part of Meikyuu. Then there is a collection of H-scenes featuring mostly side-characters, which is the "Dave route" you thought of; its just named after him as a parody of a TV channel. Lastly, there's a collection of short funny stories. :) I've only played a bit of everything in Meikyuu since I'm saving it for later, but I think that's all it has to offer - no idea how Rakuen works, though!

There's no Dave route. There actually are no conventional routes in Meikyuu - it is set up like a fandisc. When you start a new game, you're given the option of viewing one of the many scenarios - you have the continuations of all the heroines' routes from Kajitsu, then you have the Grand route, which continues directly where Kajitsu left off, only assuming that Yuuji didn't involve himself with any of the heroines on a personal level. This is the route that deals with his past and the main part of Meikyuu. Then there is a collection of H-scenes featuring mostly side-characters, which is the "Dave route" you thought of; its just named after him as a parody of a TV channel. Lastly, there's a collection of short funny stories. :) I've only played a bit of everything in Meikyuu since I'm saving it for later, but I think that's all it has to offer - no idea how Rakuen works, though!

I'm guessing Rakuen is the same as Meikyuu. Just because the lengths are similar. Thanks for clearing up the Dave confusion, I got a little scared. Not that I have anything against Dave. He's cool. Probably.

And the fact that Kasuki is going to appear in this game rises my hype over 9000! I practically fell in love with her in the firt game. She has an unique personality and charms if you know what i mean e.e

Being serious: she is an interesting character and i'm looking forward for her appearance and her hilarious dialogues.

I hope i wrote that right.

My speculation: Koestl will translate one or more of Liar-Soft's steampunk games, perhaps starting with Sekien no Ingarock. MangaGamer has strongly hinted at them getting a license to translate L-S's steampunk series, and just last week they tweeted that they have a new translator who just recieved materials from one of their "new partners". Also Koestle has recently tweeted about rereading Ingarock in japanese and badmouthed Amaterasu's translation. Also, the language Koestle used in his tweets announcing his new gig and the Meikyuu delay implied that he might be working on a game that's already fan translated (he went out of his way to call this an official release).

The upside to this being an already translated game is that it's also rather short and he's a very fast translator. So he might be done with it before you know it. They might also go whole hog and have him translate the entire "what a beautiful" franchise, including the games not already translated.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.

+1

Because the 3rd game is harem, I ended up linking the game even more...XDDD

There I fixed it for you :D

And yeah I agree Rakuen is better than Meikyuu. It has hollywood like feel. But honestly that's just what we all wanted really deep in our hearts heheh.