Grisaia no Meikyuu Translation Started

douggle

Woah, the comments have turned into a columns wintrucks going into a massive collision, of joy of course... Better put on my sparkly happy socks and not come back there. *kira* *kira*

The linked comment has been deleted. It was basically an incredibly self-righteous tirade about how Sekai Project is oppressing us and trodding on our "basic human rights" by asking Fuwa to take down their link to the GnK torrent and went on to talk about how all fan translators are better than official ones anyways.

• 5 months later...

From the view of both, yes, kind of. Since the team that was working on this is working through sekai project now. And translation on it has now resumed, presumably picking up where they left off. koestl tweeted him working on some meikyuu scripts.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Awwww yuuusss going to wait for Meikyuu is so worth it! BTW I wanna help in translating stuff like this to help out the Trans team for all the work they did! But I don't know Japanese and encoding and stuff. Is there anyway I could learn it online? If so where?

Meikyuu's translation is being handled by Sekai Project, who has hired the guy who fan TL'd Grisaia no Kajitsu, koestl.  There will be no fan translation for Meikyuu, just Sekai's official one.  Sekai got the licenses and are localizing all three of the Grisaia Trilogy VNs and Mahou Shoujo Chiruchiru to boot.

• 6 months later...
16 minutes ago, vladlazlo said:

How far has the translation progressed actually??

You can check official tl updates here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/the-grisaia-trilogy-three-huge-visual-novels-for-p/updates

The Labyrinth of Grisaia is almost 75% done with translation. 7 jan. update

Then they will edit text and stuff. So, still waiting :vinty:

On 1/12/2016 at 10:38 AM, vladlazlo said:

The same goes for Grisaia no Rakuen.... How far has the translation progressed actually??

To be clear, VNDB clearly states that it is not yet finished. The "TBA" in the release date field means "To Be Announced" and is used when something is not yet released and does not have any sort of date or estimate. This is the state both Meikyuu and Rakuen are in. The "complete" status doesn't mean that it is done, just that they intend to release a complete translation at some point in time.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

To be clear, VNDB clearly states that it is not yet finished. The "TBA" in the release date field means "To Be Announced" and is used when something is not yet released and does not have any sort of date or estimate. This is the state both Meikyuu and Rakuen are in. The "complete" status doesn't mean that it is done, just that they intend to release a complete translation at some point in time.

I see, thank you. So if VNDB says incomplete/partial patch, we may never see the translation get completed. Right??

Maybe? Nothing is ever certain. With translation projects that have released partial patches, how it works is that there's one entry in the database for the patch that was released, it's marked as partial because it's incomplete and the date is the date it was released. Then there's another complete release listed as TBA, or some date in the future if one was given, which represents the eventual complete patch that is still being worked on. If there is only a partial patch listed and no TBA complete patch listed, then whatever effort to translate the VN has likely stopped and no one is working on finishing the translation.

• 3 weeks later...

As I'm currently playing through The Fruit of Grisaia right now (which I'm loving), I'm very excited to hear about this. I'll definitely purchase this as soon as it's translated. ^_^

Unfortunately I picked the first one up on Steam during the Christmas Sales and I didn't know about the uncut version that's supposed to be released soon. If I'd known I would have waited for that, but I'll definitely pick up the official uncut version for the second!