Make Visual novel game

Aditya

Hey everyone, i am Aditya Dwi Riyanto , i am from Indonesia and i want to know what people in the west and especially in fuwanovel forum like , because i am curious to know is everyone in the west want to know visual novel from indonesia or not. I talk about this because i want to make visual novel game based on my country and the story , genre , ost and character too based on Indonesia , but one problem i have is anyone know what software it is ? :unsure:

:mellow:  before that i am sorry to ask this because it's strange and i don't know it's this the best talking about this or not , and if anyone know where the place to discuss this please send me the adreess site , thanks

If you are inexperienced with programming and don't want to look further into it, then I'd recommend Twine over anything else. It lets you simply write an interactive story that gets turned into a webpage, so it's very simple to make your product and then distribute to other people.

Ren'Py is also an option like others have suggested. The good part about that is if you do want to look further into programming, then you can because it runs on Python so any Python code will work in it.

As for content, I'd love to see some stuff come out of Indonesia, because it's a culture that you don't hear too much about. I'm from Australia so we get a little bit of Indonesian stuff here because we're closeby, but I imagine places like the US wouldn't get much, if any at all. Don't expect to make a lot of money because visual novels are a niche product in the west (even moreso for a unique culture like Indonesia), but I definitely support as much diversity as we can get. :3

yeah here in the usa the indonesian culture is pretty much a unknown. we have entire areas of major cities devoted to china, japan, korea and others even vietnam and thailand but you never hear about indonesia . i personally would love to play a vn or two set in the indonesian culture or history preferably with a supernatural element thrown in to learn of the cultures myths and legends a bit as well.