Ever 17- save file not working as intended (SOLVED)

farispie

So I am having this weird problem with ever 17. So I just got Tsugumi's good ending and I also have a separate save for her bad ending. 

So Tsugumi's ending was the first one I got , so naturally before it, I didn't unlock the juxebox and the CG gallery. After I got the ending, they naturally unlocked.

Now the weird thing is that when I close the game (I make sure to hit "save system data"), and reload the game, the juxebox and CG gallery isn't unlocked. I also noticed the game's options were set back to default. The saves I made however, were still there. 

So am I to believe that everytime I want to access the juxebox and stuff I have to get all the endings in one sitting (ie: make a save file for each ending, and reload them each time?) 

I looked into the game's save folder, and it seems the save_syst .dat file isn't updating (the date modified doesn't change).

Right click Ever17 folder, select properties, uncheck read-only, apply to all subfolders and files.

If that doesn't do it, remove the save_syst.dat and start the game so it will create a new file.

Strange, I thought I already did that to get rid of the font size issue and movie file issue. But anyways, for some reason the folder has the read only checkbox checked off. I unchecked it and viola the problem was solved.

Thanks a bunch!