Hearthstone

Kaguya

What is a gimmick in Hearthstone? I know it must be a noob question, but well I am a noob.

Essentially it's a deck built around a single mechanic or scheme.  For instance I have a deck made of entirely deathrattle minions, spells that give deathrattle, minions and spells that trigger deathrattles, or make it so that I can cause the deathrattle via trading.

Or another example is my favorite, Randuin Wrynn which is a deck made entirely up of cards that are random or cause random things to happen.  

Gimmicks very rarely work on ladder but oh boy are they fun.

Essentially it's a deck built around a single mechanic or scheme.  For instance I have a deck made of entirely deathrattle minions, spells that give deathrattle, minions and spells that trigger deathrattles, or make it so that I can cause the deathrattle via trading.

Or another example is my favorite, Randuin Wrynn which is a deck made entirely up of cards that are random or cause random things to happen.  

Gimmicks very rarely work on ladder but oh boy are they fun.

I will add you and when I'm a bit less of a noob, I don't think that it will happen any time soon because my "noob period" is always huge, and we shall do some random stuff then  :D .

I will add you and when I'm a bit less of a noob, I don't think that it will happen any time soon because my "noob period" is always huge, and we shall do some random stuff then :D .

I'd recommend you add me for some noob training. So far, I know the rules and the mechanics, but I don't think I've ever won a match, the easy bots being an exception.

Tiagofvarela #2846

...thinking about it, having noobs battling it out doesn't sound like genious...

I'd recommend you add me for some noob training. So far, I know the rules and the mechanics, but I don't think I've ever won a match, the easy bots being an exception.

I won 2 maches by luck, one the guy conceded at the very beginning for some reason, the other I won with 7hp and he had a minion with 9 attack ready for the next turn, and these were my 2 only matches. It was in casual, not ranked, but I still find it great that I was somehow able to win.

I won 2 maches by luck, one the guy conceded at the very beginning for some reason, the other I won with 7hp and he had a minion with 9 attack ready for the next turn, and these were my 2 only matches. It was in casual, not ranked, but I still find it great that I was somehow able to win.

I had a friend, he introduced this game to me, you see?

He once came by and played on my account. I suddenly got a bunch of wins...

It was all casual though.

And I tend to agree that winning is indeed enjoyable.

• 1 month later...

Oh hey, there's a hearthstone thread here. I've put waaaay too much time into this game. I'm pretty excited for the expansion. Fair warning to all: Once the expansion hits, all Arena pack rewards will be for the expansion cards, you will be unable to receive packs of the current cards through any means other than pack purchases. So if you're relying on Arena to build up your collection, better start grinding up now. Luckily, I already have like 90% of the collection. :)

Blizzard didn't really bill Naxx as a (true) expansion since it was only 30 cards. People took to calling it a mini-expansion though.

I'm very interested in the troll/rng deck possibilities from the new expansion pack. Madder bomber is going to be such a fun card. 

Empty board, both heroes at 3 health, let the Bomber decide all.

• 4 weeks later...

Letting everyone one know that everyone got a free arena run yesterday and you can now draft GvG cards.

Anyone else pretty excited for this expansion? I mainly play control warrior, but come the 8th I can't wait to tinker around with midrange mage.

Letting everyone one know that everyone got a free arena run yesterday and you can now draft GvG cards.

Anyone else pretty excited for this expansion? I mainly play control warrior, but come the 8th I can't wait to tinker around with midrange mage.

I'm excited for Rogue. Miracle should die with the new patch, but I think the expansion makes midrange rogue viable. I'll definitely try that out.

I'm excited for Rogue. Miracle should die with the new patch, but I think the expansion makes midrange rogue viable. I'll definitely try that out.

Oh, yeah. That too. I wasted my time grinding out a golden rogue back when Miracle was in its heyday, and haven't touched it since naxx + the leeroy nerf. So it'll be nice to see what GvG will mean for rogues.