Hearthstone

Kaguya

If they're any clever they'll reduce the costs of the adventures soon - I wouldn't mind if they lowered the price per quarter to 200g or something.

Indeed ;-;

The agony of saving for a whole week while playing for like 2-4 hours daily just to do one wing and possibly an arena too ;-;

If they're any clever they'll reduce the costs of the adventures soon - I wouldn't mind if they lowered the price per quarter to 200g or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if the old adventures get discounted as new ones are released. They would probably discount Naxx before BRM (just as well, since Naxx is more essential anyways). 

Becoming good at arena is the best thing that ever happened to me, must suck to not be on this level. :makina:

(for real though, the new player experience is probably going to diminish as more adventures are released and they really should find a solution for that to make things easier for more casual players)

Hm. I don't think that's needed at all.

This is a card game. It's only natural you'll have to spend money on it. Compare it to MTG or Yugioh and it's so much cheaper. 

You're right, but there's still a point where it becomes too overwhelming for new players. MTG gets around this by having limited formats and phasing out old sets. So new players only need to buy a starter pack and some boosters from the most recent sets, instead of having to worry about buying boosters from all sorts of sets from the last twenty years. Hearthstone can get around this issue by offering mild discounts to older content, or maybe bundle deals (e.g. buy Naxx and BRM together and save 30%). I think what makes Hearthstone appealing to a lot of people is that it is indeed cheaper than MTG or Yugioh, but Blizzard risks losing that factor if they never do anything like this.

You're right, but there's still a point where it becomes too overwhelming for new players. MTG gets around this by having limited formats and phasing out old sets. So new players only need to buy a starter pack and some boosters from the most recent sets, instead of having to worry about buying boosters from all sorts of sets from the last twenty years. Hearthstone can get around this issue by offering mild discounts to older content, or maybe bundle deals (e.g. buy Naxx and BRM together and save 30%). I think what makes Hearthstone appealing to a lot of people is that it is indeed cheaper than MTG or Yugioh, but Blizzard risks losing that factor if they never do anything like this.

I've played competitive MTG for a while. The price of Hearthstone didn't really compare to that. It was mostly 200 (super budget) to 500 (pretty reasonable) dollars if you wanted 1 tournament-worthy deck, and you'll repeat the process of getting one every year, given how the format rotation goes- there were several decks above that price tag, too. I remember the best deck being about 600~800 dollars. Spending about 300 bucks every two years + playing normally to get access to most cards just seems pretty reasonable.

I feel like they don't have to offer discounts at all. Not until we get a few more years on the game. Well, bundles with 30% off seems pretty reasonable, but reducing the cost of adventure wings to 200 gold is crazy. 

I've played competitive MTG for a while. The price of Hearthstone didn't really compare to that. It was mostly 200 (super budget) to 500 (pretty reasonable) dollars if you wanted 1 tournament-worthy deck, and you'll repeat the process of getting one every year, given how the format rotation goes- there were several decks above that price tag, too. I remember the best deck being about 600~800 dollars. Spending about 300 bucks every two years + playing normally to get access to most cards just seems pretty reasonable.

I feel like they don't have to offer discounts at all. Not until we get a few more years on the game. Well, bundles with 30% off seems pretty reasonable, but reducing the cost of adventure wings to 200 gold is crazy.

Maybe make the adeventures 500 gold a wing instead of 700

And it's just usually annoying because the reason I played hearthstone was because it was fairly new so maybe I stood a chance there but when I went, everyone still had most of the essential cards from the adventures and ofc they all have the good legendaries like dr boom and their counters like bgh. Maybe it's too late after all to play hearthstone now :P

It really depends on how you wanna go about collecting the cards. People suggest arena, and it's definitely better if you're skilled, but the constructed method isn't bad either- make a face hunter deck and grind to legend. I was getting the full 100 gold (max you can get in a day aside from the quest, if anyone knows) + quest every day during my grind- that's one adventure wing every 4 days. 

You don't even need a good deck. I climbed from rank 5 to 3 with an original murloc deck while I was playing around.

What getting there taught me is that it's all about knowing your matchups. 

If you need help getting better at arena I recommend using Heartharena. It advises you on the best card picks and why.

Trump has many education videos which can help too.

We also have a Skype group for Hearthstone were we do a community arena once a week (we work together to try and get as many wins).

If you're interested in the group or just want to chat hit me or any other members up on Skype.

My Skype is chrispzt.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played competitive MTG for a while. The price of Hearthstone didn't really compare to that. It was mostly 200 (super budget) to 500 (pretty reasonable) dollars if you wanted 1 tournament-worthy deck, and you'll repeat the process of getting one every year, given how the format rotation goes- there were several decks above that price tag, too. I remember the best deck being about 600~800 dollars. Spending about 300 bucks every two years + playing normally to get access to most cards just seems pretty reasonable.

Except that you can trade your magic cards for new magic cards and they also appreciate in price and you can also sell them to stores or players for a good portion of what you got them for (more even, given the incredible price inflation in modern).

Except that you can trade your magic cards for new magic cards and they also appreciate in price and you can also sell them to stores or players for a good portion of what you got them for (more even, given the incredible price inflation in modern).

GkYqHHT.jpg

QKJtxYr.jpg

iCZTQHQ.jpg

2xnrxck.jpg

Oh yeah sick plays. Only takes like 3 or 4 days to get one arena run too.

I feel your pain on that one. Yesterday I made a new account to play some arenas and I'm pretty disappointed in the results so far.

jZZDYZ4.png

...In my defense, I quit two of them at 0-0 out of salt for having made ridiculously bad decks. Well, it takes one day of grinding for an arena, so I should just do these in my main account from now own.

• 2 weeks later...