Hearthstone

Kaguya

Might have been said before, but using Heartharena to draft might be something to try, those aren't looking very good. Generally they seem top-heavy and have a suspicious level of quite bad picks/curve, though you could have just gotten unlucky. If you know someone else who is doing better, they might be able to coach you on playing (I might be able to if you're on eu, could also move to na server but that's a bit annoying). If you do decide to use Heartharena, you can probably just follow its suggestions 100% of the time unless it does something really janky (and even then, try searching for info about its rating - stuff like coliseum manager that I thought was really dubious turned out to do quite well for me, argent squire and argent horseman are other potential examples).

Warlock is a low tier class atm and Warrior is by far the worst arena class to the point where it's generally avoided completely. Generally you will want to pick Paladin>Mage>Rogue>Druid>Shaman>Warlock>Hunter>Priest>Warrior (rogue is considered the top class for pros, but pala and mage, especially pala, are more forgiving of mistakes and generally more intuitive imo - for example, hero powering on t2 is often a good move when playing rogue, even with nothing to remove).

Well, RIP gold. 

I also opened my second Thalnos. 

I don't even get why I feel like spending all my gold in packs. I've got pretty much everything I want already. Oh well. 

Probably the knowledge that I can grind one arena per day if I really want to and that if I ever feel like it I could become an infinite arena player coupled with the fun of opening packs makes me act like an idiot. Guess I'm better off just accepting it and keeping this up. 

It'll go exactly like Naxx and I'll start grinding gold obsessively one week before the new expansion comes,though. RIP future me. 

This was a dream deck, though. Kinda rare to get such a nice draft. The lategame was double Kraken, Champion and Sprint, btw.

PQADsdr.jpg

jUVQXIw.png

I recently had a 12 win druid deck, just a little over month since the last. For a while now druids in arena have mystified me. They are supposedly a simple class anyone can get a handle on, but they were also my worst class. My average win rate with them is appallingly low. With two 12 win runs with them under my belt now you'd think I figured them out, but I don't feel like that. I probably just got lucky. Since TGT I've had two 0 win runs and two 2 win runs with them. And also a 12 and two 11s. I don't get it why it's so polarizing.

My Mage usually averages 8-9 wins and almost all my 12 win runs are Mages. Getting 3 Flamestrikes and several Fireballs and other direct damage cards is automatically a 12 win deck for me. 

The goblins/gnomes expansion changed the metagame a lot so it is quite challenging to get 12 wins now with so many variables to take note of. 

In your case, Decay (and we're players with very different ways of doing things from what I could see, so take it with a grain of salt) I feel that you could step up your face game. 

We probably draft differently too. Well, I feel like anyone who uses that heartharena thingy got worse with TGT's release. I suspect it'll take 1 more month for things to go back to normal- and normal isn't particularly scary either. 

I'm really bad in the mage mirror for some reason, at 2-10 atm. I really don't know why, though playing an attrition deck, and a bad control deck that somehow had no lategame might have helped it somehow. Mage is seriously one of my worst classes now, which is just wat. Paladin and rogue are treating me fairly well though.

Started playing pirate rogue last night thanks to Babiker. I'm still very, very awkward with it, but I'm enjoying it. After nothing but hours and hours of cw, it's nice to have a change of pace. Speaking of cw, I'm loving it more than I ever since TGT. Justicar Truehart is really bringing out my ResidentSleeper even more.

I'm really fucking bad at Hearthstone and haven't really played a bunch until now. Add me on Bnet <3 LiquidShu#1317

Don't worry. I'm really fucking bad at Hearthstone and I've been playing (a lot) since beta. Added you.

Just spent 1900 dust on this deck: http://hearthstone.blizzpro.com/2015/09/13/fade2karma-deck-of-the-week-pure-control-shaman/ Looks to have a totally unique play style that could be fun.

I wonder if I can push from 15 to 5 before the day ends. Probably not. Any deck with two healing waves and two antique healbots probably won't make for fast laddering.

Alright priest, let's do this.

fHXZ58S.jpg

1) IT'S SO SLOW. 2) If playing against a dragon priest terrified me this much, I will have actual heart attacks playing this deck against aggro. 3) I won. :makina:

Also it's oddly satisfying to be at full overload for multiple turns in a single game. I say it was terrifying, mainly because I was sitting at below 10 health for like three straight turns, but it was actually trivial to remove all of the dragon priest's threats. I didn't even feel pressured to heal with two heal cards in hand and being at 8 health. I played a healbot for tempo.

Could you be sold on Skeleton Knight instead? Because apparently it is crazy good in control vs control matchups. At least, that's what the creator of that deck I mentioned said. I don't know what to believe, I'm certainly not crafting it to try it out. But he insists that while experimenting with a ton of different cards on the ladder, the skeleton knight was consistently one of the best cards in control matchups and it won him a lot of games. I never thought I'd see anyone praising that thing. 

Also, that deck is alright. I'm bad at it, but it seems like a relatively solid control deck that could be quite good once further refined. I doubt it will ever be top tier but it's sort of fun to play something completely different, and to play something your opponents have no idea how to play around. 

Could you be sold on Skeleton Knight instead? Because apparently it is crazy good in control vs control matchups. At least, that's what the creator of that deck I mentioned said. I don't know what to believe, I'm certainly not crafting it to try it out. But he insists that while experimenting with a ton of different cards on the ladder, the skeleton knight was consistently one of the best cards in control matchups and it won him a lot of games. I never thought I'd see anyone praising that thing. 

Also, that deck is alright. I'm bad at it, but it seems like a relatively solid control deck that could be quite good once further refined. I doubt it will ever be top tier but it's sort of fun to play something completely different, and to play something your opponents have no idea how to play around. 

You'd need some serious data to make me buy Skeleton Knight. 200+ games would be good enough, I guess. 

Yeah, never thought I'd ever see someone praising the 6 mana salty dog either.

Oh yeah, what do you guys think is worth cutting for an Ysera here? I kinda wanted to run one, since I'm already running Varian anyway...

DEeetRA.jpg

I'd say a zombie chow, you already have many tools to deal with early game minions. And zombie chow kinda doesn't fit in a control warrior deck, might be just me. I haven't seen it before at least. It doesn't accomplish much anyways. You have death's bite, slam , winaxe , that's enough ... actually the slam is a little bit too much, might wanna replace them with taskamasters in order to make your armor smiths and acolytes more threatening and able to take out minions. Also to draw more than one card with acolyte of pain. I'd also consider cutting a shredder for another shield maiden , you already wanna play death's bite on turn 4. These are my personal opinions. Also I would consider replacing the second zombie chow or just the second shredder with a shieldmaiden. 

TL;DR : totally replace a zombie chow with ysera. 

I'd say a zombie chow, you already have many tools to deal with early game minions. And zombie chow kinda doesn't fit in a control warrior deck, might be just me. I haven't seen it before at least. It doesn't accomplish much anyways. You have death's bite, slam , winaxe , that's enough ... actually the slam is a little bit too much, might wanna replace them with taskamasters in order to make your armor smiths and acolytes more threatening and able to take out minions. Also to draw more than one card with acolyte of pain. I'd also consider cutting a shredder for another shield maiden , you already wanna play death's bite on turn 4. These are my personal opinions.

TL;DR : totally replace a zombie chow with ysera. 

No way, with all the secret paladins around I need that much. While climbing I always feel that I don't have quite enough. 

Plus, this deck only runs 1 Belcher, 1 Brawl and 1 Shieldmaiden (and no Justicar or Geddon)- getting back and stabilizing is pretty difficult. Which is why I chose the "don't give up the board to begin with" route.

It also has no cruel taskmasters. Need that slam to trigger execute.

No way, with all the secret paladins around I need that much. While climbing I always feel that I don't have quite enough. 

Plus, this deck only runs 1 Belcher, 1 Brawl and 1 Shieldmaiden (and no Justicar or Geddon)- getting back and stabilizing is pretty difficult. Which is why I chose the "don't give up the board to begin with" route.

well the thing is you need 1 more brawl and 2 belchers if you really want to counter the secret pallies, Probably Geddon too, he's too good against secret pally from my own experience. But if you can't craft the second brawl or the geddon, then you probably will go through this , I still suggest tweaking a little with the deck and trying to see if it will help it or not, like maybe you should try going down the middle line and drop one of each : shredder , zombie chow and slam for belcher, taskmaster and ysera. Also track your wins , and know what you are losing the most against and try to help yourself win against it. These three cards feel out of place in the deck so you might tweak it a little for better results. Best results are gained through trial and error  and netdecking. 

well the thing is you need 1 more brawl and 2 belchers if you really want to counter the secret pallies, Probably Geddon too, he's too good against secret pally from my own experience. But if you can't craft the second brawl or the geddon, then you probably will go through this , I still suggest tweaking a little with the deck and trying to see if it will help it or not, like maybe you should try going down the middle line and drop one of each : shredder , zombie chow and slam for belcher, taskmaster and ysera. Also track your wins , and know what you are losing the most against and try to help yourself win against it. These three cards feel out of place in the deck so you might tweak it a little for better results. Best results are gained through trial and error  and netdecking. 

I've got all the cards. Just don't want to put them in. And this is netdecked. A guy was playing around with it on top 50 legend, I think. 

The point is, if I'm adding an extra belcher, the other brawl and geddon, I might as well copy the standard control warrior list- this is a midrange deck. Not a control one. Though it certainly has some control elements. 

I like this list over the control one, too.

I've got all the cards. Just don't want to put them in. And this is netdecked. A guy was playing around with it on top 50 legend, I think. 

The point is, if I'm adding an extra belcher, the other brawl and geddon, I might as well copy the standard control warrior list- this is a midrange deck. Not a control one. Though it certainly has some control elements. 

I like this list over the control one, too.

Well if you wanna play with both midrange and control deck list, then I suggest dropping a zombie chow (zombie chows are used in control decks , not in midrange ones) for  a taskmaster and put in a second belcher instead of a slam. As for ysera, problem is do you really need the ysera? I mean you are playing midrange deck and it has enough late game options, imo more late game options will make you have to change its whole archetype. 

Well if you wanna play with both midrange and control deck list, then I suggest dropping a zombie chow (zombie chows are used in control decks , not in midrange ones) for  a taskmaster and put in a second belcher instead of a slam. As for ysera, problem is do you really need the ysera? I mean you are playing midrange deck and it has enough late game options, imo more late game options will make you have to change its whole archetype. 

I'll stand by saying the chows are absolutely needed in this list. Replacing them- or any early game- is not an option. The deck has been tested and we have enough data for that.

Taskmaster is also pretty bad here- chow deals with 1 drops more efficiently and it has enough execute activators already. Plus, this deck doesn't plan on bursting them down with Grom- as you can see, it has no Alex, after all. 

Do I need Ysera? Not really. I want to see how well it works with Varian, though. I was thinking of Harrison first, but this meta has too many weapons for me to drop him. The 5/6 mana cost minions aren't really an option because I want to follow the curve with my midranginess. I was personally thinking of Ragnaros or Grommash, but they have an immediate effect that I don't wanna give up. And Varian is absolutely vital for this deck's lategame. I need all the removal, too.

Tweaking decks is tough.

Edit: This is a midrange deck, but a midrange deck that wins in the lategame. I don't do damage on the first couple of turns, which is why the chows are great. Other common midrange decks try to close the game very soon (to me they're quite aggro-ish), which isn't the case with this one. I'll start dealing damage on turn 6 or such, after all.

Edit 2:  Geddon is particularly bad because it kills my board when I play him. It's why he's not on the list. 

I'll stand by saying the chows are absolutely needed in this list. Replacing them- or any early game- is not an option. The deck has been tested and we have enough data for that.

Taskmaster is also pretty bad here- chow deals with 1 drops more efficiently and it has enough execute activators already. Plus, this deck doesn't plan on bursting them down with Grom- as you can see, it has no Alex, after all. 

Do I need Ysera? Not really. I want to see how well it works with Varian, though. I was thinking of Harrison first, but this meta has too many weapons for me to drop him. The 5/6 mana cost minions aren't really an option because I want to follow the curve with my midranginess. I was personally thinking of Ragnaros or Grommash, but they have an immediate effect that I don't wanna give up. And Varian is absolutely vital for this deck's lategame. I need all the removal, too.

Tweaking decks is tough.

Edit: This is a midrange deck, but a midrange deck that wins in the lategame. I don't do damage on the first couple of turns, which is why the chows are great. Other common midrange decks try to close the game very soon (to me they're quite aggro-ish), which isn't the case with this one. I'll start dealing damage on turn 6 or such, after all.

Well if you won't remove any of your early game minions or removal , I would say that none of your late game minions are not good. Like basically all of them are really good except maybe loatheb , varian and ragnaros since they are kinda just decent , rag might come in remove a card or deal 8 damage to face then get removed, loatheb can slow decks that rely on spells and not that many do in the current meta. Varian kinda is meh as here it won't pull that many good late game minions if it can , it might work out thou but I don't know about that. Haven't seen many varian playz that were decent in my experience. But if you feel the three of those are necessary then just don't add ysera. Ysera is kinda slower and more suited for a control deck than midrange. But holy shit you sure have too many means of stalling the game with zombie chows and slams and shield maidens then you say you are kinda midrange. Most of the time midrange decks run 1-3 late game minions too , you have kinda like 3 (not counting boom) ,so 4 is just overdose and the other 3 are kinda necessary thou the weakest link imo is varian. 

Tweaking decks is tough but it does work with trial and error , just keep changing and tracking the winrate and loserate against each deck you face and how many of it you face, I for one have only faced like 2 pallies and 2 hunters since the season started but I faced like 5 mech mages and 8 midrange druids. Dunno how the meta there in NA (I think you play there) at the beginning of the season is. 

I like how that deck is like a control warrior with more midrangy tools. :D

Well if you won't remove any of your early game minions or removal , I would say that none of your late game minions are not good. Like basically all of them are really good except maybe loatheb , varian and ragnaros since they are kinda just decent , rag might come in remove a card or deal 8 damage to face then get removed, loatheb can slow decks that rely on spells and not that many do in the current meta. Varian kinda is meh as here it won't pull that many good late game minions if it can , it might work out thou but I don't know about that. Haven't seen many varian playz that were decent in my experience. But if you feel the three of those are necessary then just don't add ysera. Ysera is kinda slower and more suited for a control deck than midrange. But holy shit you sure have too many means of stalling the game with zombie chows and slams and shield maidens then you say you are kinda midrange. Most of the time midrange decks run 1-3 late game minions too , you have kinda like 3 (not counting boom) ,so 4 is just overdose and the other 3 are kinda necessary thou the weakest link imo is varian. 

Tweaking decks is tough but it does work with trial and error , just keep changing and tracking the winrate and loserate against each deck you face and how many of it you face, I for one have only faced like 2 pallies and 2 hunters since the season started but I faced like 5 mech mages and 8 midrange druids. Dunno how the meta there in NA (I think you play there) at the beginning of the season is. 

I like how that deck is like a control warrior with more midrangy tools. :D

The deck has a higher win-rate against those aggressive decks than the normal control list does. 

Hearthstone's midrange decks are weird. They're waaaay too agressive for midrange, mostly because creatures are so OP in HS and you don't have to worry about mana. 

A control deck doesn't care about when it wins- it works on the premise that, if it stalls long enough, it'll normally win against anything it faces. This deck isn't quite like that. In exchange for having a higher win-rate against aggressive decks, it will not beat control decks if it turns into a value game. Which is why it can't turn into a value game. 

Against control, its midranginess truly shines- it has just enough to overwhelm them before they can beat you with their superior lategame. Varian is ridiculously important in those matchups, because it allows you to draw cards right when you're about to run out of steam, which lets you continue to put pressure- I find it ironic that you say that Varian "won't pull anything good"- great! It's purpose is not to put a bunch of lategame on the board- sometimes it's bad when that happens. It's purpose is to let me draw spells and weapons to keep pressure going and bring forth the rest of my midrange crap like piloted shredders to overwhelm them like that without quite overextending.

Against aggro, it just straight up has better early game, board presence and removal. Which is why I believe this to be a superior version of warrior compared to control lists.