Hearthstone

Kaguya

Doesn't seem to be too much point to Brawl after you win the pack, especially on a week where unique heroes are given and quests can't be completed. 

You could just play it to have fun but hey, who the hell plays games for fun amirite?  :makina:

You could just play it to have fun but hey, who the hell plays games for fun amirite?  :makina:

Don't be absurd, I won't stand for that kind of 'fun' and tomfoolery!  But honestly, I'm always behind on my quests, don't get to play as often as I'd like to.  So it's hard to keep replaying the brawl when I know I should be clearing some spots on my quest board.

It seems like very few brawls will have unique heroes so you'll usually be able to complete your quests through them. 

I think I've gotten out of my arena slump lately and I've gotten like 5 10+ win runs in the last week, include 2 12s. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The only truly weak classes right now are Priest and Shaman. They both could use some love in the next expansion. 

Eh, Mech Shaman works pretty well. Looking at it's matchups, I believe it's better than all forms of Paladin we have right now.

Also, I opened a golden the beast, which finally allowed me to finish my Freeze Mage and Wallet Warrior decks. That Alex was definitely worth the dust.

YRA4Qoy.jpg

I haven't played in a month, is x2 slam common in control warrior now or is it just a personal choice?

Also, Nefarian seems like a poor fit. I don't really like 9 drops anyway (Alex comes and goes in my list), but Ysera (if you have it) would be a more consistent choice. Hell, I'd just slot in another Acolyte of Pain over it.

I haven't played in a month, is x2 slam common in control warrior now or is it just a personal choice?

Also, Nefarian seems like a poor fit. I don't really like 9 drops anyway (Alex comes and goes in my list), but Ysera (if you have it) would be a more consistent choice. Hell, I'd just slot in another Acolyte of Pain over it.

The standard control warrior list doesn't use slam at all, at the moment. Pretty much a personal choice.

I really like Nefarian. I'm always iffy when I don't have at least 4~5 BGH targets in decks that have one and I think the meta is aggressive enough- quoting another player: "The more aggressive, the better Nefarian is. It (Nefarian) demands an immediate answer, and gives you two cards right off of the bat, helping replenish the resources lost from the initial aggro burst. In a slower meta, it is easier to create a board state that will promote Yesera's longevity, and thus result in more resources over time."

In my experience, control warrior really doesn't run out of steam against aggro; too often, you can't play your cards fast enough against them. I'd also question it being considered an immediate threat. Just dropping an 8/8 on turn 8 or 9 doesn't exactly cut it if your opponent has board presence, likely has a good chunk of damage in, and is likely able to just ignore it to push for damage. If you've already stabilized, which you need to do by about the time Nefarian would come out anyway, any big body would do the same job really. 9 drops in general, in my opinion, are 100% a detriment against aggro. Too dead. The caveat there being Alex. I actually like having her in my deck against face hunter as a heal. If you like having Nefarian in for a bgh target, I like Baron Geddon for that - better against aggro, plus people are often pretty hesitant to waste BGH on it and it can usually get in some work against other control decks surprisingly.  In regards to helping replenish resources, just like Ysera, the cards you get are (usually) not immediately impactful and are just too inconsistent. 

Still, that's an interesting lens to look at Nefarian under and I've never seen it put that way. Regardless of that though, it's a fun card to run. I'd love to run him and sacrificial pact a Jarraxus. =3

At least you guys have Legends.. For me, I just started playing again so the only Legend I have is Malygos in EU server.

Tavern Brawl this week is fun for me since I lack cards. Getting 2 Bouncing Blades and 2 brawls are pretty much the best removal I can hope for playing Warrior.

None of the cards so far are mindblowing, which may be a good thing considering the standards we're used to (Dr. Boom was in the initial rush of announcements for GvG). If we don't have another Dr. Boom in this set that will probably leave many disappointed but will be a good thing overall. The Shaman cards so far seem to make the class more midrange viable and at the very least gives the class a needed boost in arena. 

Looks like arena players will have to spend some dosh on packs because they're changing the pack rewards to be randomly selected between the three sets instead of whatever the latest set is. As someone who has opened like 150 GvG packs from arena rewards, that's half a relief because I'll be able to fill in some holes in my Classic collection but kind of disappointing because the new quest and tavern brawl fills that role already and I'd like to build up my TGT collection as soon as possible. Better start grinding those arena wins.

On a related note, I'm now 10-1 with the deck I posted above.

I remember almost no one thought Boom was OP when it was announced, though. Everyone was going crazy over Troggzor instead  :makina:

Some new totem synergy, that's nice to see. What caught my attention in the trailer was the 1 mana 2/4 legendary. Wonder what it does, if it's actually a card we'll be getting. 

I thought Dr. Boom was OP and so did others I talked to. Trump was in the forefront of it being just kind of good and pimping Troggzor as our new OP overlord, though.

There was another card reveal on some portuguese stream and lmao:

635731945816621174.png

how is it so bad?

edit: Just went 12-2 in that arena run and got a Gazlowe in one of the packs.  :makina:

I thought Dr. Boom was OP and so did others I talked to. Trump was in the forefront of it being just kind of good and pimping Troggzor as our new OP overlord, though.

There was another card reveal on some portuguese stream and lmao:

635731945816621174.png

how is it so bad?

edit: Just went 12-2 in that arena run and got a Gazlowe in one of the packs.  :makina:

It's possible to have balanced and fairly costed cards be unplayable due to how bad the tempo is, and I think Ball of Spiders might be that. If you break it down, it's 6 mana for 3/3 in stats and it draws 3 cards that will be synergistic with your deck. But it's a 6 mana spell for Hunter, so... yeah. Even if control hunter takes off, that still seems like a stretch.

• 1 month later...

So TGT comes out tomorrow. Anyone excited for it? I haven't really talked about it here beyond the initial reveal but I'm excited for a bit of a meta shakeup, especially in arena. I suspect the class balance will change quite a bit in arena and we might see more diversity across our opponents. Constructed is probably going to change less than a lot of people want but I'm still excited to see what kinds of new decks we see there. I don't plan on spending any money on it, but I'll probably buy 20-30 packs with gold and see if I get anything good. I also plan to play Arena all day tomorrow and as much as possible the next day, just because I expect a large influx of inexperienced arena players to prey on for some easy wins and gold.  :makina:

I don't know if I'll even try it out. I used to play, and I thought that what was good about the game and what differentiated it from other TCGs was how accessible it was. Lately when I try to play I don't even recognize the cards. I feel like it's going off in some direction that's making it less friendly to new players and players that don't play often. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that. Curious to see whether the player base grows or shrinks over the next while.

Well, the people who play with regularity are the ones who give them the most money, and in order to keep them on board they have to release a regular stream of new cards or else they'll get bored and leave. I can understand that this is overwhelming to people who only play every once in a while but you can't make a game that caters to those people. I'd probably stop playing if they released cards at a slower pace.