Hearthstone

Kaguya

Is that the guy who quad fireballed me across turns 8 and 9 tonight?

That happened to me when I was playing this deck: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/tqb2j5 You know, it's funny, right after drafting it I felt great about the deck. Then I looked at its average tier score, and saw the 58.8. That is abysmally low. But it goes by the base tier ranks and it was a collection of kinda mediocre cards that work really well together, like three dragon synergy cards with three dragons, and some fun mana wyrm shenanigans. It just goes to show that with the right supporting cards (a flamestrike, which is key), you can make even a bunch of below average cards work. 

I have to say, I think HearthArena and Kripp's recent pimping of it has provided a pretty decent difficulty spike in Arena lately. I'm not going to blame my downturn entirely on that, but it's probably a factor. A year or so ago it used to be that you routinely saw garbage decks until you got to 6+ wins. Now like 90% of the decks I face are actually pretty good and I very often see decks that a year ago I'd peg as 12 wn decks at 1-3, 2-3, etc. Shit's cray in Arena these days.

Man, I haven't even opened the client since Tavern Brawl came out. I'm such a scrub.

My HS playing seems to come in blocks. Always end up playing a fuckton for about a month and I end up not playing for like a month after.

I like this tavern brawl more than the last. I'm seeing some cool decks out there, and while some people are reporting a huge number of tempo mages, of which I've only seen a few. One was Kaguya, I beat his tempo mage twice. :P

I just faced a shaman who is running dragonkin sorcerers and troggs, I was so happy when I saw Troggzor come out.

I popped my brawl cherry tonight.

Tried using a makeshift grim patron deck with low curving minions. Had not so good results, too me about 4 or so games to get my weekly pack.

Gotta say I do think this is a pretty cool game mode, though I pretty much only saw tempo mage and paladins. What's the point if you're just going to net deck =(

Hey, I totally sideboarded freezing traps in my netdecked lowfuck curve face hunter.

Come to think of it, with control warrior dead and gone and hunter and tempo mage even more prevalent, maybe this would be a good time to sideboard Kezan Mystic. Probably won't fit in face hunter, but might work in tempo mage and whatever eclectic builds y'all dream up.

I've barely played this month... is this true? =(

Nope, it's pretty good in the meta right now. Source: Am legend, I know the meta better than y'all since I grinded it extensively  :makina:

He's talking about it being dead in the brawl, I think.

Theoretically, a mech-mage and deathrattle-zoo heavy meta would do it I think.

edit: and toss in a bunch of combo druids too.

Yeah, combo druids are pretty bad for control warrior.

Aside from that, a paladin-heavy meta is bad for them too. Hero power 2strong.

Can't see paladin being too good because "everyone, get in here", though. Even though I crafted a Tirion like, yesterday.