Which platform would you prefer VNs in? (PC, iOS, etc.)

laiktail

Why I'd prefer a portable platform over a PC is simply because.. it's portable?

You can argue and say oh but there's laptops. Well yes but laptops are freaking massive in comparison to a tablet and not comfortable to read for example while laying in bed. At least not for me.

However most Android and iOS VNs are just crappier imitiations of PC vns and that's why i have to chose PC over tablet right now. But if they ever manage to bring a fully voiced VN with all the artwork into a mobile platform wether it be Android or iOS i'd definitely prefer them just because of the portability.

Why I'd prefer a portable platform over a PC is simply because.. it's portable?

You can argue and say oh but there's laptops. Well yes but laptops are freaking massive in comparison to a tablet and not comfortable to read for example while laying in bed. At least not for me.

However most Android and iOS VNs are just crappier imitiations of PC vns and that's why i have to chose PC over tablet right now. But if they ever manage to bring a fully voiced VN with all the artwork into a mobile platform wether it be Android or iOS i'd definitely prefer them just because of the portability.

EEE PCs beg to differ, if I put my detachable keyboard on my tablet it's exactly the same size as my EEE.

EEE PCs beg to differ, if I put my detachable keyboard on my tablet it's exactly the same size as my EEE.

I'm saying a tablet alone with no keyboard, just the handheld screen that makes it so portable

Yes EEE PCs might be an exception and like i said PCs right now are better and i prefer them but just imagining having for example Little Busters, the entire novel, fully voiced, on a 7 inch screen alone. Now that'd be an awesome feat.

PC, because of text-hookers alone.

That, and since tablet/PC hybrids are a thing, you can enjoy PC VNs on a tablet as well.

I'm saying a tablet alone with no keyboard, just the handheld screen that makes it so portable

Yes EEE PCs might be an exception and like i said PCs right now are better and i prefer them but just imagining having for example Little Busters, the entire novel, fully voiced, on a 7 inch screen alone. Now that'd be an awesome feat.

I have a Yoga 13, and reading in bed on this thing is actually quite comfortable. :)

Get one of http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-8-pro/pd I have one.

Reading Corpse Party on my Vita felt great. The screen's large enough that it doesn't bother me to play on it, plus the vita is so comfortable to hold that it's easy to curl up with it in bed or on the couch. The large screen of a tablet is nice, but for some bizarre reason I don't like using touch controls to progress text. I have no logical reasoning for that, it just doesn't feel right. So I'd love to see more VNs on the vita, but with the PC being the dominant console I doubt that'll ever change.

Reading Corpse Party on my Vita felt great. The screen's large enough that it doesn't bother me to play on it, plus the vita is so comfortable to hold that it's easy to curl up with it in bed or on the couch. The large screen of a tablet is nice, but for some bizarre reason I don't like using touch controls to progress text. I have no logical reasoning for that, it just doesn't feel right. So I'd love to see more VNs on the vita, but with the PC being the dominant console I doubt that'll ever change.

Well, there are still some ports coming from the PC to Vita, but I think... ALL of them are untranslated, sadly u.u

Working on it! (not LB but an independent visual novel project for iOS/other platforms - the fully voiced bit has to take a backseat though as I've never liked English dubs) Originally the project was just gonna be for iOS, but based on this thread it looks like PC is an absolutely necessary platform for it. Which totally makes sense in the end. So it'll be for both.

I generally prefer my visual novels on the go, so having them on platforms like 3DS, Vita and mobile is my preferred option. Tablet more than phone for the bigger screen.

Also, reading the thread, like, seriously guys, you can't hold a tablet for a few hours? Really? Like, I get maybe not a regular novel because they're kinda awkward to hold sometimes, but tablets are flat and light, not to mention you can get stands for them if you really must go 'hands free' :S

Despite how it might seem more handy to use a tablet or a smartphone, I'm fundamentally opposed to them out of general principle.

What principle would that be?

But if someone ever does an OS for tablets that gives you the possiblity to play natively any VN or at least the majority I'd be delighted.

Surface says hi.

Definitely prefer VNs on PCs.  I've never really liked tablets, and feel that they're overpriced for what they offer.  I will never buy one, but I'll use one if I have to, at least if they aren't iPads.  I decided that the last Apple product I'm going to use will be my new iPod Touch, which was a gift.  I don't like Apple's business practices, the quality of their products for the price, or the way the newer OSs are heading.  [/rant]

Anyway, I don't like letting people see what I'm doing on a computer, even if it's not embarrassing.  I'm a rather private person, at least in real life with people I don't know.  Getting a tablet would be weird for me.

Guest hairybumslapper

PC's and the PS Vita, though as with most other handheld portables, there are not enough visual novels in english anyways, unless one can read Japanese.