Which platform would you prefer VNs in? (PC, iOS, etc.)

laiktail

PC.

Despite how it might seem more handy to use a tablet or a smartphone, I'm fundamentally opposed to them out of general principle. I also think that not using a PC would be strange for me, since if I wasn't sitting at a desc, I wouldn't be able to lean on it and use my "I am busy, do not disturb"-face...

PC, although it's tempting to say Android or iOS or something, but those devices, unlike a laptop, need to be held in your hands, which can get tiring after several hours. And I know that some tablets come with a detachable keyboard, but it isn't as good because most of the weight of the tablet is in the screen, unlike a laptop where most of the weight is generally under the keyboard.

I like to prop it on the wall next to my bed. I can't really do that for a laptop because like you said the weight is in the keyboard which would be sticking out. Was one of the reasons I bought a Windows tablet.

The only wall next to my bed is behind my head, so my laptop invariably ends up on top of my lap. Which is kind of fitting. :D

pc im just more at peace that way i have my laptop and dozens of vn. anime series, mangas, doujins, light novels and ect burned to disks for easy travel so i dont get bored if im stuck somewhere for a while otherwise i like sitting comfortably at my desk in the dark and just marathoning whatever media im enjoying for hours at a time , plus i can get up to get away to play with my son or wife and do stuff around the house.

PC, although it's tempting to say Android or iOS or something, but those devices, unlike a laptop, need to be held in your hands, which can get tiring after several hours. And I know that some tablets come with a detachable keyboard, but it isn't as good because most of the weight of the tablet is in the screen, unlike a laptop where most of the weight is generally under the keyboard.

I made a tablet holder that works pretty well.  It's basically a bean bag attached to a shaped piece of wood with neodymium magnets. The beanbag part of makes it work equally well for surfaces or sitting on my thigh.

SN3J0001_zpse6006a8a.jpg

SN3J0004_zps3ec093eb.jpg

VNs should be portable for read wherever you go. That said, PC has a lot more possibilities than any of the other OSs  so I think that nowadays PC is the winner.

But if someone ever does an OS for tablets that gives you the possiblity to play natively any VN or at least the majority I'd be delighted. Even using a netbook for VNs as I do can get unconfortable mainly due to battery issues and the need to bring a protective bag everywhere.

That's why I'm specially fond of the PSP and Vita. Lots of autonomy + portability + non-H VNs. if only the translating scene paid more attention to the stuff there. There is interesting stuff there like PhotoKano, Corpse Party: Histeric Birthday, Arcana Famiglia, Danzai Maria, Geijutsuka Art Design Class, Musou Tooru, Misshitsu no Sacrifice, Ookamikakushi, Seishun Hajimemashita!, Urakata Hakouki, Tsukumonogatari, etc. And this are only PSP exclusives, there are a lot of VN for PSP that are also for PS2 but would be better in a portable device.

Just look at the big list of VNs for PSP, almost all unstranslated, and you'll know my pain.

I can even look for, learn how to use then and manage the tools if any translator here becomes interested in translating VN for PSP.

But if someone ever does an OS for tablets that gives you the possiblity to play natively any VN or at least the majority I'd be delighted. Even using a netbook for VNs as I do can get unconfortable mainly due to battery issues and the need to bring a protective bag everywhere.

You mean like Windows 8? You can get an Asus T100 or a Dell Venue 8 Pro which runs VNs fine.

VNs for handheld devices would be good. That'd be nice for busy people who's always on-the-go but would really love to read. I don't know but there may be people like me who's always busy at school/work or away at home, and their only free time is when they travel to places. Or people with really big laptops and not comfortable with lying down in bed while reading.

Okay I am not sure if I'm still making sense anymore HAHA :))

But I don't hate the PC, I just wish they'd also open up on tablets and stuff. :))