'Ello

Blinkingsky

Hello everybody, I'm Blinkingsky. I only very recently got into visual novels, with me so far only playing 4 of them:

1) Katawa Shoujo (Hanako and Lilly paths, planned for the others)

2) Clannad (Kotomi and Misae completed, Mei's started, all others planned one day)

3) Kanon (Only Mai's and Ayu's left, this is my current one)

4) Shuffle! (Only Nerine)

So yeah, I'm really new to this. I plan on playing Little Busters!, Toradora! Portable, and Air soon, along with potentially Steins;Gate, and I was looking for other suggestions as well.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Welcome to the forums

You should definitely try Steins;Gate. Reading it now and it's great so far.

Hoshizora no Memoria is my recommendation to you.

I hope you find many great VNs here.

What's been your favorite so far?

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll look into it.

I'd have to say that Kanon is my favorite so far, with Clannad second and Katawa Shoujo right behind it at 3rd and Shuffle in a distant last. This is kind of amusing, at least for Kanon and Clannad, seeing as how I feel the opposite for their animes (Clannad first and Kanon 2006 second), but I guess it's just because I watched Clannad before playing it, while I played Kanon before watching it or some such.

Thanks for the welcomes, everybody.

Welcome, glad to have another Fuwa member with us.

My ultimate recommendation is Hoshizora no Memoria, I pretty much loved every heroine in this story.

You could also check out Da Capo.

Welcome To The Forums Read Hoshizora No Memoria Its Kinda Touching Vn ^^ But Its The Best For Me

Welcome to the forums! I recommend you Hoshizora no Memoria, because you're already planning to play Little Busters! (good!). Enjoy your stay and have fun~!

If four different people so far are recommending it, I guess I really should play it. Hoshizora no Memoria will probably come after Little Busters!, which is next on my list to play, so yeah.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

I have no idea how some people can play so many VNs in parallel. o_O

Have a moe:

2PO0hST.jpg

Thanks for the moe.

I'm less playing them in parallel and more playing just playing one at a time for a while before switching to another one. I kind of get lazy with 100% visual novels, it seems (or just don't like them that much, in Shuffle!'s case).

Welcome Blinkingsky

So you like the key Novels ? I do agree they have a little something which make them different.

Anyway, Welcome on fuwanovel :)

Yeah, I've loved pretty much every Key Novel I've played, and I really don't see that changing for the others, except for possibly Air as its anime disappointed me somewhat.

Welcome to fuwanovel

Nice to hear that, Kanon was the VN that really made me realise how awesome they could be! What's the favourite route out of the ones you've played?

Lastly enjoy your stay here.

So far, I don't know if I have a clear favorite route, although if I have to name frontrunners it would be Makoto and Shiori. Not entirely sure why right now, but it's probably got something to do with how strongly they managed to make me feel. Nayuki's was fine as well, but I just didn't get the same feeling from hers as I did the other two's. I'm nearing the end of Mai's route as we speak, so I'll report what I feel about that one when I fully finish it.

I'm less playing them in parallel and more playing just playing one at a time for a while before switching to another one. I kind of get lazy with 100% visual novels, it seems (or just don't like them that much, in Shuffle!'s case).

Yeah, I've loved pretty much every Key Novel I've played, and I really don't see that changing for the others, except for possibly Air as its anime disappointed me somewhat.

I'll grant you that Shuffle isn't the greatest VN, especially when compared to things like Clannad or Kanon, but VNs often have a tendency to save the best for last, so by dropping them midway through you're missing out on quite a bit. Even though KS doesn't do that, the other routes are also very good, pretty much every route in Clannad is great, but it really shines in the route that is unlocked once you've finished the rest (same with Little Busters, by the way).

That's just my little rant, take it however you will. :P

Oh, and Air and Rewrite seem to be outliers from what KEY usually does.