Visual Novels Suggestion Thread (Under Discussion)

Yume

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3250-vnanime-recommendation-sub-forum/

Since i didn't found any thread that help you to choose which VN that you want to play. So i make one. Because there'll be too many people who will make a new thread just want to have a suggestion "What VN should i play!?".

If you are after an Visual Novel suggestion pop in a few things like:

• The genre of Visual Novel you want to play; in saying this it isn't a necessity but it makes it easier for people to offer suggestions.
  • Give examples of similar Visual Novel you may have seen. If you have a Visual Novel Database (VNDB)  account with a few titles of what you've seen already this comes to be a lot easier.
  • A brief description of what kind of a Visual Novel you wish to play. 
  •  

With this out of the way we move on to the part of offering suggestions to particular users which is simpler if you do something that includes:

• Try to break up certain aspects of your suggestion list by grouping similar Visual Novels together or, if they're after multiple genre requests, group them into their respective labels.
  • Some people prefer being able to organise their plan-to-watch lists by watching one genre type at a time.

• Possibly give your own short take on the Visual Novels titles which doesn't have to be much, even a few words is better than nothing at all.
  • Take into consideration of which Visual Novel they've listed as already seen or the comparative title they're after.
  • Offer a few Visual Novels titles at a time, even if they are the Fandisc of the same named Visual Novel title as most people might skip Fandisc since they didn't know about them.
  • Here's an Example:

Q : I want to play VN that could make me Cry like Clannad do! Can you give me some VNs that similar like that?

A : You can play Little Buster! or Rewrite both came from same company but if you want to taste a different company you can try Hoshizora no Memoria.

and many else!

PS: You can suggest an untranslated VNs too.

My Words : Helping each other is a good thing! (Common)

I think the general consensus is that we either need a separate subforum for suggestions, or leave things the way they are. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer, but a single thread for it all doesn't seem like a very good solution to me. If multiple people ask for suggestions at roughly the same time it can get really confusing as to which posts refer to whom.

I think the general consensus is that we either need a separate subforum for suggestions, or leave things the way they are. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer, but a single thread for it all doesn't seem like a very good solution to me. If multiple people ask for suggestions at roughly the same time it can get really confusing as to which posts refer to whom.

If you reply to a specific request you can just quote them

Wouldn't it be best to actually assign a "recommender" to each genre? If there is a known user that has read lots of romance or mistery or moege or nukige, etc. titles, let him/her be the one recomending and so with a set of defined genres.

That way, a more specialized approach can be given and people would be less confused when 3 or 4 people suggest different titles.

Also, a single thread for each genre would be good.

Just saying... because I started some VN after reading about then on VNDB and I dropped then due to not being what I expected.

Wouldn't it be best to actually assign a "recommender" to each genre? If there is a known user that has read lots of romance, mistery, moege nukige, etc. titles, let him/her be the one recomending and so with a set of defined genres.

That way, a more specialized approach can be given and people would be less confused when 3 or 4 people suggest different titles.

That's not a bad idea, like Clephas and Kaguya's recommendation topics :'D

Wouldn't it be best to actually assign a "recommender" to each genre? If there is a known user that has read lots of romance, mistery, moege nukige, etc. titles, let him/her be the one recomending and so with a set of defined genres.

Eh, that seems like something that splits the community, "this guy can recommend x, but this other guy only read 2 VNs in the genre and can't." Also several people who have read the exact same VNs can have drastically different opinions about them.

I maybe should make another Example : 

Q : "Hey! i want a Visual novels that has good romance ,mystery and drama on it but please there's no rape at there!"

A : You should play [Put your VNs Suggestion here]. since [Put Your Reasons here].

Eh, that seems like something that splits the community, "this guy can recommend x, but this other guy only read 2 VNs in the genre and can't." Also several people who have read the exact same VNs can have drastically different opinions about them.

It's all up to requester whether they want to take the suggestion or not.

I maybe should make another Example : 

Q : "Hey! i want a Visual novels that has good romance ,mystery and drama on it but please there's no rape at there!"

A : You should play [Put your VNs Suggestion here]. since [Put Your Reasons here].

That's pretty much what I already do. :P

It's true that there is a set of VNs that lots of people have read but when you have to deal with a complete newbie to the genre, the more specific the better...

Also, I didn't say that only that person can recomend but it's good to know wether someone has more experience than other.

Now this takes me back but what are some more current games that would be similar to an old game called "season of Sakura" that people would like to recommend.

Also has anything ever come out with an English translation that is close to the game true love?

Now this takes me back but what are some more current games that would be similar to an old game called "season of Sakura" that people would like to recommend.

Also has anything ever come out with an English translation that is close to the game true love?

Never tried that VN. . . hmm.. Ikikoi is a good choice, since you will find a "True love" at there Xd

Don't know if it fits here, but I try it anyway :D

Want to order some games over on mangagamer for download. I chose Kara no Shoujo and both ef-titles. Can you recommend them? They seem decent in art and plot.

Does anyone know the games Loren The Amazon Princess and Jisei? Although no VN in the regular sense, they look interesting.