How is winter treating you?

O. Van Bruce

@ Emi

Yeah but it looks like it's starting to melt away! Though I suspect it's going to be one of those years when there's half melted snow on the ground until the end of march. Which is even worse than snow because then you get water in your shoes. :angry:

I wish i'd only have to be concerned with water in my shoes..

These rainy clouds come from the sea and ruin my life everyday (i live 10 mins away from the beach) since it's not cold enough to create snow

eWagV7s.jpg

I wish i'd only have to be concerned with water in my shoes..

These rainy clouds come from the sea and ruin my life everyday (i live 10 mins away from the beach) since it's not cold enough to create snow

eWagV7s.jpg

damn, in NYC i'm usually dealing with very hot weather in summer and freezing temps in winter. Sometimes you get a 70 degree day in winter and a 30 degree day in summer in fahrenheit.

@Nosebleed

I would rather have rain tho then the "sludge" that we get, mixed with massive amounts of salts and sand, that can ruin both clothes and shoes.

but i'm wierd and like rain so.

Well i never saw snow in real life so i wouldn't know how that feels. But i can guarantee you it's not fun having to walk home in this rain.

What's worse is sometimes the sewers and all the drainage holes flood and there's water overflowing out of them and it's just not pleasant to walk on the streets with water everywhere.

But what i hate the most isn't the rain itself but the cold weather. Even though here it never goes below 0 so it never snows i still dislike it a lot and it makes me want to stay home all day. I can't imagine what it'll be like if i ever move somewhere where it snows..

the rain "amount" sounds pretty extreme there o.o the snow itself isnt that bad either , until it ends up being sludge. lowest temp ive experienced here is -26C . but i know it can get alot worse in the north sweden.

Actually the rain amount isn't that extreme it's just the terrain is poorly managed and we end up flooded because of it  :P

But one phenomenom that happened a couple weeks ago and scared a lot of people were these massive 10 meter waves that came from the shore and completely wrecked some of the local bars and houses. I'm glad i don't live literally next side the beach but my aunt's store was wrecked because of it. And in other parts of the country the waves were even bigger and ended up dragging cars even and hurting some people.

Your city's snow plows aren't doing their job very well

My city doesn't get snow like this very often (once every 10 years or so). We don't have but a handful of trucks with plows on them and they stick to the interstates and highways. Regular roads and neighborhoods don't get any sort of clearing until the snow melts. 

The problem with this snow is that it never really let up, and also mixed with a lot of sleet. So under all that snow is actually a half inch layer of ice that plows cant get off the road. 

Well, seeing as I live in California, the coldest it's been all winter is ~40°.  We've barely had any rain, unfortunately, and it's been almost like a second summer for us, at least when it wasn't around 40°.  We're pretty spoiled in California, where I live especially.  We live by the coast, so if the temperature goes past or below 70° we all start complaining.

Well, seeing as I live in California, the coldest it's been all winter is ~40°.  We've barely had any rain, unfortunately, and it's been almost like a second summer for us, at least when it wasn't around 40°.  We're pretty spoiled in California, where I live especially.  We live by the coast, so if the temperature goes past or below 70° we all start complaining.

So you're only happy if it's exactly 70°?