[In progress] Award icons - looking for feedback

Steve

I also prefer Tays idea of having trophies. Having a puzzle goes up to rank 4 only. But having trophies u can add more after platinum like diamond (20 walkthroughs) for example and master (30 walkthroughs)

And those little trophies r cuter imo

Well... i couldn't come up with anything good with these scrolls.Also, I'm playing Grisaia and some interesting things happened so I honestly didn't put much thought on the matter, sorry~ I'll keep trying to come up with something, tho. I really try to execute everyone's idea but some take longer than others =/

Well... i couldn't come up with anything good with these scrolls.Also, I'm playing Grisaia and some interesting things happened so I honestly didn't put much thought on the matter, sorry~ I'll keep trying to come up with something, tho. I really try to execute everyone's idea but some take longer than others =/

No one said you had to be the one who makes all the badges. We appreciate your effort. At least i do a lot and i still am supportive of the puzzle regardless of what anyone says.

The main reason is because i don't want to turn making walkthroughs into a competition where you earn medals. The puzzle is just friendly looking and uses the fuwa colors which fits in extremly well. The symbolism works too.

I agree with the fact that awards should not turn into a competition, this could only cause quality loss and maybe people spaming for posts (which I personnaly do not understand at all)

No one said you had to be the one who makes all the badges. We appreciate your effort. At least i do a lot and i still am supportive of the puzzle regardless of what anyone says.

The main reason is because i don't want to turn making walkthroughs into a competition where you earn medals. The puzzle is just friendly looking and uses the fuwa colors which fits in extremly well. The symbolism works too.

Thing is, no matter what you do, having a walkthroughs badge makes it a competition, since the number of translated VNs is limited, and the number of those that don't already have a walkthrough is lower still. :P

Thing is, no matter what you do, having a walkthroughs badge makes it a competition, since the number of translated VNs is limited, and the number of those that don't already have a walkthrough is lower still. :P

That's true in a way but you can't deny that medals and the word "ranking" sounds like you're trying to be better.

At least saying you have more colors just makes you more fabulous.

That's true in a way but you can't deny that medals and the word "ranking" sounds like you're trying to be better.

At least saying you have more colors just makes you more fabulous.

What if I am trying to be better? ;)

But yeah, the puzzles look nice and I don't think there's much point in adding a badge for more than 10 walkthroughs - let someone else have a chance. :P

I know, but i would feel bad if i were to make badges based on someone's idea and ignore somebody else's.

I really liked the puzzle one and, to be honest, i'm kind of proud of myself over that one, it's simple yet meaningful, the colors are nice and smooth and ,as you said, it is friendlier than the "bronze to platinum" concept

Hey guys i tried making a design for the post count badges. I tried making it like it's a crystal of sorts and lowered the opacity of the 2K to make it look like it's inside of it or something.

I only made the 2K one for testing (i never tried making badges and was following some tutorials)

Thoughts? Would you like to see the rest? If so suggestions for the colors?

j7175EQ.png

Make the blue green and i'll be a happy panda.

More seriously it does look really good.

The more people present good designs the harder it gets to pick one ><

Make the blue green and i'll be a happy panda.

More seriously it does look really good.

The more people present good designs the harder it gets to pick one ><

I'm making it by fuwa color orders

500 pink

1k yellowish/orange

1.5k green

2k blue.

Edit: I failed terribly and have to redo things. Please wait patiently.

Alright after i dropped the ball in photoshop i remade the badges all with the same settings but different colors:

VJOL95f.png TToi7KP.png sGIrTpX.png wUxl9wD.png

I liked your idea but i feel that this kind of dark color scheme will make the pink one a bit weird

Also, is good to see someone else trying to make some badges, especially because, unfortunately, i won't be able to work on them at all tomorrow =/ sorry about that~

I like working on photoshop but i'm not that skilled and i can't make metalic textures so i sort of just drifted around this thread but figured i should contribute somewhat.

I can brighten them up if that's an issue. Let me mess with the brightness levels a bit.

This was just a first "batch" per say.

Edit: Messed with the levels a bit

r9SWWrH.png kGPXGKo.png ck4CVkC.png 320MRkY.png

I'll try out some ideas when I'm back home.

So what we r looking for is something that will not cause any unwanted competition. Numbers/letters should show up clearly and the colors should be bright and have a friendly atmosphere around them. Or am I mistaken or forgot something crucial?

Hmm the pink is not as bad as i though it would look like. There's just two little things that are bugging me, tho. First, your "2K" is not properly aligned. Second, the top and bottom of the circles are a bit cropped. Besides those two things the concept is pretty nice.

My inicial concept, although I liked how they looked, is not a particularly good concept, medals really make it look like a competition when it should more of a friendly reminder of how many posts you have, at least that's what I'm getting from all of this

Hmm the pink is not as bad as i though it would look like. There's just two little things that are bugging me, tho. First, your "2K" is not properly aligned. Second, the top and bottom of the circles are a bit cropped. Besides those two things the concept is pretty nice

It's when i resize them. I'll try to fix it. The first 3 are not cropped it's just that i used a reflection effect on the borders and the gradients sort of colide. The top is nearly white hence why it looks cropped but i assure you it's not. The 2K one failed but i'll fix it.

The original template is 400x400 but when it's resized 10 times smaller the effects and pixels get a little choppy. Particularly the stroke crops.

I'm starting to get mad at this.

as you can see the original is not cropped:

xJBLjnc.png

Besides the fact that the 2K is not perfectly aligned which was already pointed out. Did you use a "k" instead of a "K" in the 2K on purpose ?

I think the edited ones look really nice. Keep up the good work.

Besides the fact that the 2K is not perfectly aligned which was already pointed out. Did you use a "k" instead of a "K" in the 2K on purpose ?

I think the edited ones look really nice. Keep up the good work.

No. It was an accident my bad. Doing this at 11pm is really not helping.

For some UNKNOWN reason whenever i resize the 2K one it freaking crops that little piece off the top. I have no idea why. It didn't happen with the other colors and i used the same template for all.

Edit: Okay guys this is making me mad. For some unknown reason it crops that chunk off the top whenever i resize it with a drop shadow. I don't know why. Point is i'll re-do the badges tomorrow with a slightly smaller circumference just so they're all similar looking. I'll use the levels of the edited ones as well. 

I don't feel like doing it now.

Yeah, resizing it that much is not particularly good, the best thing that i can think of would be for you to try and reproduce the effects of the template on a 40x40 circular shape.

I figured. But i hate working with such a small scale. It gets annoying and doesn't leave much room to edit. I also can barely notice flaws if they're so small.

Anyway i'll see what i can do about it tomorrow.

I figured. But i hate working with such a small scale. It gets annoying and doesn't leave much room to edit. I also can barely notice flaws if they're so small.

Yeah, it is a bit annoying but i think is the best choice for this situation, maybe not necessarily do it in an already 40x40 but at least something like 100x100 so that the resizing doesn't hit it that hard, but ok, it's not like we're in a hurry so you can take your time :3

Have you tried merging all the layers? That should keep the drop shadow but remove it as a layer effect, so you should be free to resize it.

Have you tried merging all the layers? That should keep the drop shadow but remove it as a layer effect, so you should be free to resize it.

This actually fixed it god knows why.

I just created a blank layer and merged it with the one with the drop shadow and yay miraculous fix.

r9SWWrH.png kGPXGKo.png ck4CVkC.png NHfbijl.png

(also capitalized the K because i'm so ignorant that i miss such a retarded detail)

I hope nothing's wrong now...

Looking good, the alignment of the 2K still bugs me, but overall I like it. Now we wait for Steve to say something about it.

It's the same as the 1K really it's just that 1K has a bigger font :P

Glad people actually liked it though.

And where's my 1500+ posts award?  :ph34r: