Recommend me English PSP VN

Novel21

Hello its me Novel21 again and I know I have many thread in this forum, But I have reason to make this thread, so I shall explain there.

Here we go.

So I have buy PSP but I don't get PSP before Tuesday or Wednesday sometimes and since this PSP I can play VN games on it. I want somebody Recommend me some PSP VN in English so I can play beside of Toradora Portable.

That's for me Novel21

Welcome to despair my friend. There are a lot of VN for the PSP but there are 2 big handicaps when you look for VN in that platform.

- Most of the VN on the PSP are shovelware or ports of existing PC VN. You won't really get too much new material to enjoy on the console.

- Nobody pays attention to the PSP on the VN translating scene ;_;. At least not as much as I'd like. There is a growing interest nowadays due to the PSP getting a proper emulator on the PC but the projects for translating stuff are few and sometimes SLOW (WHY MUST I WAIT 2 MORE YEARS FOR AN AMAGAMI TRANSLATION? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF).

Now that you know what kind of pain you are set to get, let me recomend you some good VN for the platform.

- Hakuouki: Demon of the Fleeting cherry Blossom. This is practically the best you'll get for PSP on the VN field. Published in NA with the same name. A great Otome game that can be enjoyed by any gender. I actually became a bit gay for Saito and Hijikata :wub:

- Sweet Fuse: At your side. Welp, it's another Otome game but if Hakuoki is 10/10, this is 2/10. To put it bluntly, I wouldn't recomend this but besides Toradora and Hakuoki it's the only VN that's been translated to english for the PSP.

Now, there are games on the PSP that can give you a VN-like experience:

- Corpes Party and Corpse Party: Book of Shadows. Plays like an RPG the first and the second is a Point and Click adventure. Great horror stories on both. Use a guide on the first if you get stuck.

- Danganronpa: It's Ace Attorney on the PSP. The gameplay is improved compared to Ace Attorney but the misteries are easier to descipher The story is very good though.

Have fun with your new console. A PSP is used best for RPGs so, if you wanna take full advantage on it, focus on that kind of games.