[Submission] VN/anime recommendation sub-forum

Alucard

Yume did try to regroup everything under a single thread.

Do you think that recommandations could be handled in just one thread ? Rather than making an entire subforum for it ?

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3290-anime-suggestion-thread-under-discussion/

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3289-visual-novels-suggestion-thread-under-discussion/

I made this threads, but since you guys are still discussing about it so i suggest to lock those threads for now to evade unwanted comments/Reply. I already mentioned to the people by changing its Title. After you guys decide about this, then we can open it for people!

Sorry for not knowing about this

Yume did try to regroup everything under a single thread.

Do you think that recommandations could be handled in just one thread ? Rather than making an entire subforum for it ?

Yes, I think so, as long we have many experienced people on it. these recommendation threads will be okay. But it also depends on the Active members in Fuwanovel.

I don't think so. i also gives some rules so people who recommended something must describe "why" we have to play/watch that Vn/Anime. . . so i suggest it should be counted as post too

But it's not a discussion about anime/vn/whatever. It's just a suggestion and why you're suggesting it. I'd like to freely use this feature without some people thinking i'm spamming it to get more posts.

Much like Games and Chatter is a place where you're free to post anything because it doesn't go to post count. This one should as well so you don't get crap for posting something that someone else already suggested since it doesn't go to post count.

This makes it personal and friendly so people don't use it as a method to get posts. Yes the rules should still exist like you said but i don't agree with it going to post count since the purpose of the subforum (if it's created) is not discussion.

I think you're right. but still... did you really think that people will spamming/just_to_get_post_count on that thread? since maybe you only post at its 1-3 in a day

You recently signed up so you probably didn't know this but before the "Animated GIF" thread and "post pics you like" thread was in the general discussion for quite a while. Meaning you got post counts for just posting a funny GIF or picture. When it was moved to the games and chatter board (which doesn't go to post count) there were some shocking drops in everyone's post counts. I lost 80 posts and was like "did my counter break?" i didn't even realize  i had posted that many.

Just to say that it doesn't even have to be intentional you can still spam more than you think you do.

I like Flutterz idea though we should try for a while and see how it goes. It can even be removed later if it becomes a hassle. Trial and error.

but still... i hope people will use these thread (if its opened). Creating 1 thread per persons will be quiet annoying since it'll make the forum get flooded.

That's why my initial thought was that this doesn't go to post count because it can get flooded, no doubt about it. But at least it'll be like games and chatters which when it's flooded no one really cares. 

Heck there was even a thread dedicated to flooding

But hey let's go with it counting as a post just for the sake of seeing how it goes. Then adjustments can be made.

That's why my initial thought was that this doesn't go to post count because it can get flooded, no doubt about it. But at least it'll be like games and chatters which when it's flooded no one really cares. 

Heck there was even a thread dedicated to flooding

But hey let's go with it counting as a post just for the sake of seeing how it goes. Then adjustments can be made.

Agree

If you guys decide to made the Suggestion Threads life on, i suggest to pin it. so people will post their needs at there.

If we keep the post Idea we need to make it more "official" by maybe stucking it a the top of the first page of VN talk.

Other wise it'll get lost and be worthless.

Agree

If you guys decide to made the Suggestion Threads life on, i suggest to pin it. so people will post their needs at there.

If we keep the post Idea we need to make it more "official" by maybe stucking it a the top of the first page of VN talk.

Hi5! o/

When i see these threads pinned , i'll change the tittle back.

You recently signed up so you probably didn't know this but before the "Animated GIF" thread and "post pics you like" thread was in the general discussion for quite a while. Meaning you got post counts for just posting a funny GIF or picture. When it was moved to the games and chatter board (which doesn't go to post count) there were some shocking drops in everyone's post counts. I lost 80 posts and was like "did my counter break?" i didn't even realize  i had posted that many.

Just to say that it doesn't even have to be intentional you can still spam more than you think you do.

I like Flutterz idea though we should try for a while and see how it goes. It can even be removed later if it becomes a hassle. Trial and error.

I must have missed that because I don't remember anything of the sort. :P

Also I thought about starting with counting posts off, but then it'd be spammy regardless of anything else.

No what i meant was create a subforum (probably in GD) and any post that goes in that subforum doesn't go to post count much like the subforum Games and Chatter. But for the sake of testing the first let's say month the posts there will count. Then depending on how it's used we'll see if we keep it, adjust it, or take it down.

I'm against the single thread because it'll just get too messy.

oi2n.png

(too lazy to open photoshop for this)

I must have missed that because I don't remember anything of the sort.  :P

Also I thought about starting with counting posts off, but then it'd be spammy regardless of anything else.

Yes it was. I got 80 posts out of it and then they disappeard. Stanleys can vouch for it because he lost over 100 and lost his ability to change his title because of the move.

About the post count. Because turning post count off will induce spam most likely let's begin with it on and see how it goes. If it begins to turn into spam then turn it off. if the subforums is almost always dead then take it down. It's just an experiment to begin with

I prefer the sub forum idea too.

BUT

I don't know what the policy is of the forum but I think it would need a few rules for it not to get as messy as the thread idea.

I don't think those threads would have much use, really. Often people who ask for suggestions are newbies and they just create their thread regardless of the instructions/other threads of the same type. Like how most people who post technical problems don't read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" thread there.

That's not a bad thing per se, and honestly, the recommendation threads don't bother me at all. Currently, I don't think we have enough "suggest me a VN" threads to make a big deal out of this. A whole subforum would be overkill.

Or maybe create recommended content for people serching for specific things :

Like : "Top Mystery VN's" comparable to Your top 50.

And make a whole list of those per theme.

That would be medium effective and ask for a whole s*** load of work though ... but i'm throwing the idea

If people make a VNs Rec Request not by these thread. moderators could just lock it. and tell them to post it at there.

That would be medium effective and ask for a whole s*** load of work though ... but i'm throwing the idea

Definetly

That doesn't sound like a good idea be cause there's a million different categories you can put VN's in. Someone might be looking for mystery, someone might be looking for looks and someone might be looking for a VN that has detailed bad ends.

If people make a VNs Rec Request not by these thread. moderators could just lock it. and tell them to post it at there.Definetly

Or they could just move them.

If people make a VNs Rec Request not by these thread. moderators could just lock it. and tell them to post it at there.

I wouldn't lock anything like that. The forum is for everything VN-related, and suggestions are well enough. I believe that letting peopple ask for a VN in their own thread is a great thing and it helps with fuwanovel's goal, making VNs more popular in the west. Since having a suggestion that fits your tastes is very important~

Mostly, people like a combination of genres, not only one. I think it's better if we just let the "recommend me a VN" threads be, it helps to give more personalized suggestions.

And make a whole list of those per theme.That would be medium effective and ask fo

But that would have to be generic and broad and everyone has different opinions. And who would make the threads? Besides there's hundreds of thousands of VNs. It's impossible to make a recommendation for all. Don't forget there's untranslated VNs.

Kaguya's list is great by any means but it's Kaguya's opinion nonetheless and not all VNs there will apply to every people.

If the subforums isn't going to be created i say just let the recommend me a VN threads be for now. No overcomplication.

Yes, of course, I'm just brain storming to try and gather ideas to eventually find a solution to the problem (If a problem that is).

But what i'm afraid of in a sub forum is having to awnser the same kind of requests over and over again.

Well Recommand me threads aren't made every second so it shouldn't be such a problem, but still.

Maybe make a rule to quickly specifiy what you are searching in the title.

Like "Mystery,romance, eroge" And then further explanation in the thread ?

Edited by Guest

Or they could just move them.

That's quite better.

Yes, of course, I'm just brain storming to try and gather ideas to eventually find a solution to the problem (If a problem that is).

But what i'm afraid of in a sub forum is having to awnser the same kind of requests over and over again.

Well Recommand me threads aren't made every second so it shouldn't be such a problem, but still.

It's only one thread, and if people ask the same kind of question. it's not quite a big problem for those are experienced in VNs

Yep, I don't believe it's a problem. Also, moving it could be worse- I'd have to contact the member and say that I moved it to a very messy thread full of suggestions for everyone at once. If it becomes "a problem" and a lot of people make those threads, he'd also have to find it, which wouldn't be a big deal, but finding the answers to it could prove a challenge, since there would be people answering to requests from who-knows-which-page. I believe that this brings more problems than solutions for an already non-existent problem.