Hoshizora no Memoria Graphical issues

O. Van Bruce

Hi, everyone from fuwanovel forums. Thank you in advance for any help you offer me.

I just download Hoshizora no Memoria directly fro your torrent and I've noticed there are graphical glitches when playing. In some sprites appear lines across then when the game moves then. Otherwise the game seems to work perfetly but it bugs me having this problem if there is a known solution.

Any solution? It's not a life or death issue but it'd be nice getting rid of it.

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. Is it a problem with the way the text shows up?

Hoshizora no Memoria uses a custom font which should be included in the torrent. Double click it to download it to your computer.

From what they said i think they mean the character sprites.

For the sake of clarification: It's not only the character sprites. I've also noticed this graphical glitch when opening the game and inmediatly closing it. The Favorite and FVP logo get this glitch when the "are you sure you want to exit" box appears.

The glitch isn't permanent. said glitchy lines are only seen for an instant, just when the animation is done. After it, they dissapear and you can see everyting well. That's why it isn't a life or death issue; if they were permanent I'd be crying at seeing this beautiful sprites being deformed.

As for the solutions proposed by Nosebleed:

I can't check the torrent since my bittorrent client has disabled this option when rightclicking. I see the option there though so maybe the client is telling me it's not necceary (?)

I've de-checked the read-only option for all the game files.

Result: the problem is still there.

Maybe the problem lies on my end. I'm using a netbook to play this (easy to bring my VN anywhere) and maybe this lines are some kind of "blur" that the game uses on transitions. When said lines appears the game gets a bit slower so maybe I lack horsepower? haha

right click on the torrent > stop 

Make sure the torrent status says finished not seeding.

Then force re-check should appear

Never play the game with the torrent seeding. If you were doing it before, that could have been the issue because it locks your game files on read-only. 

Make sure DirectX is up to date. I had to update DirectX to play hoshimemo.

right click on the torrent > stop 

Make sure the torrent status says finished not seeding.

Then force re-check should appear

Never play the game with the torrent seeding. If you were doing it before, that could have been the issue because it locks your game files on read-only. 

Make sure DirectX is up to date. I had to update DirectX to play hoshimemo.

Done everything on the list. Problem persists. No changes.

Check for updates for your graphics card.

Already done. unless they have released a new driver in the last week.

does the problem only exist on that particular game? what kind of setup do you have on your computer?

The problem has presented only on Hoshizora. I've played a handful of VNs on this netbook with no problems except the ocasional lag due to low memory : School Days, Canvas 2, Saya no Uta, Rewrite, Umineko, Higurashi, World End Economica, Yandere, Yume Miru Kusuri, Steins;Gate and Quarttet.

My netbook is kind of shitty: HP mini 110-3120

- I've changed the OS to WinXP.

You mentioned it only happens during transitions? Is this really the ONLY stance where it happens?

Might be your graphics card specs that are just not enough to handle it since you are in fact on a netbook with relatively low specs

1GB of RAM and "256 MB total available graphics memory" doesn't sound too much and might be the reason it gets choppy during transitions. I might be wrong though. That's why i said to update the graphics card but if everything regarding graphics is already updated i have no other clue.