[Submission] Load More Posts

Kaguya

I believe everyone knows that we have a "load more topics" option when viewing a forum.

UJm0Mu0.png

When I was browsing a thread, I though about how convinient it would be to have a "load more posts" option to that thread. It had a lot of pages, and I wanted to see the next entries without having to open a new window or changing the current page. Just an idea, though.

My only fear is that this turns threads into single pages.

That's not convinient in some cases since you'll start from the beginning every time and then have to load countless posts in one page for long discusions.

Even if you keep the page buttons on top it will still load everything onto the same page. 

If it doesn't then i'm up for it since it's convinient when there's 1/2 pages to read and you don't want to load an entire new page

Maybe it's better to have an option at the top to show a certain amount of posts per page

My only fear is that this turns threads into single pages.

That's not convinient in some cases since you'll start from the beginning every time and then have to load countless posts in one page for long discusions.

Even if you keep the page buttons on top it will still load everything onto the same page. 

If it doesn't then i'm up for it since it's convinient when there's 1/2 pages to read and you don't want to load an entire new page

Maybe it's better to have an option at the top to show a certain amount of posts per page

No, no. This option would by no way be the default- threads would start showing only the normal amount of posts. So only if you wanted to you'd click to load the next page, and every time you wanted to load an extra page, you'd click it. So, it wouldn't be only one page unless you wanted it to. Just like the "load more topics" option.

No, no. This option would by no way be the default- threads would start only showing one page, and only if you wanted to you'd click to load the next page, and every time you wanted to load an extra page, you'd click it. So, it wouldn't be only one page unless you wanted it to. Just like the "load more topics" option.

Hmm.. In that case i'm up for it. It's very convinient for threads you don't keep up with for some time and get new pages.

If it's possible of course.

It's an idea, but the pages will tend to be huge.

If I recall well it's 25 posts per page, but the posts tend to be quite long since we quote a lot to keep track of the conversation since they often mix up.

It's an idea though.

It's an idea, but the pages will tend to be huge.

If I recall well it's 25 posts per page, but the posts tend to be quite long since we quote a lot to keep track of the conversation since they often mix up.

It's an idea though.

As I said, the pages will only be huge if you want them to. When you open a thread, there will only be the normal amount of posts (dunno if it's 20 or 25). If you click the button, it will load more 20 (or 25).