[In Progress] 1/22/2014 Forums Updates – Please come and share your thoughts!

Tay

Awards: Setting up a group to help organize the award creation process.  More info soon.

Index Sidebar: I'm just going to switch it up every day or so.  Right now the recent topics is at the top. Let me know if that's something you like better than the MotM at the top (I think I like it better).

Awards: Setting up a group to help organize the award creation process.  More info soon.

Index Sidebar: I'm just going to switch it up every day or so.  Right now the recent topics is at the top. Let me know if that's something you like better than the MotM at the top (I think I like it better).

It looks fine right now, but I think it'll look worse as soon as there's a birthday under it.

I volunteer for this brigade!

I personally was used to the recent topics at the top with the birhdays on top of it. I don't mind the MotM replacing the birthdays on top as long as the recent threads are right below because it's just convinient to see new threads even without scrolling.

having the recent topics on top seems better since ull be using that way more often than looking at who is MotM

Still not showing up for you?  I've been moving it around to test various designs.  Should be back in the sidebar for now.

Still nothing.

I did ctrl + f5 even. 

I'm going to clear the cache and cookies now to see if it helps.

Edit: Cleared everything and just noticed the box shows when i'm not signed in but as soon as i log in on my account the box is no longer there..

pqLdg12.png

maaTCw9.png

Hey, that improvements are great (sorry for late post, but I was busy recently)!

I was thinking about graphic changes on awards (most of them looks really creepy [without offending the author, of course]).

In my opinion, awards should have one style. Today's morning I made small, exemplary design for some of them:

bqhd.png

(and, how it looks?)

If this style not appeal to you, I can make few others (I have even some totally other ideas for this).

Size for this is 100x100, but I can re-size it in every moment.

For the community ideas, I could agree with most of them.

On the other hand, few ideas suggested by you could destroy the main idea of awards (like maefdomn said, badges given to every one will totally lose their value).

Making too much badges "easy-to-earn" will be bad idea.

I will be waiting for more improvements. You can in every moment count on my support and help (if is needed from someone like me... )

So i'm necroing this thread since it's february and there is no new member of the month.

And I was wondering about it too.

Will this "Member of the month" be something to feature some members that have contributed as a recognition for their hard work or will it be something to award the most active members in the past month (like "employee of the month" thingy) ?