Indulge me, if you will.

I apologize if this is weird. You may delete this thread if it is too odd or offensive, but i'am a curious person so I shall ask:

Do any of you furiously clean your ears?

At the end of each volume of the manga Maoh: Juvenile Remix, the artist Megumi Osuga writes a message to the readers that is usually pretty random. In one of the volumes she talked about how she likes to clean her ears, and how one time she cleaned them so furiously some liquid oozed out. I've never gone that far, although I do enjoy cleaning my ears so much that I do it every day.

Is that kind of like how in general librarians are neurotic?

I think it takes a special kind of artist to be as weird as Van-Gogh, although I consider myself an artist and I get told by people i've just met that i'am weird.

Case in point, a few days after I met my brother's girlfriend she said I was weird because I ate some raw flat steak that I cut up before I started cooking the rest.

I'll have to say that is mildly weird although i am not one to talk about that, i get told that i am weird constantly by two friends of mine just because of some OCD's here and there. I don't find anything i do to be particularly weird, but meh, i wouldn't argue over something like that.

Even when people say good things about the things that i do, i don't consider myself an artist, atleast not yet. I believe that i still have much to learn and do before being called an artist.

Well uhh, I would be a bit careful about doing it too much. I've read stuff like, doing it too often can make your hearing go bad faster. Something about your wax being natural, something like your boogers. I couldn't find anything on google that said otherwise, so I started doing cleaning my ears less.

Ironic how you post that no one else is joining just as I pop up.

Edited by seventhfonist425

Yes, very suspicious :)

The lurkers may join in at any time!

I have also read that you can damage your ears, but there are ways to minimize the risk, such as using a q-tip and only cleaning certain ways. There have been studies that say it is good for you in moderation, although making liquid come out is probably bad. People even make videos about it. (not me though)

Yes, very suspicious :)

The lurkers may join in at any time!

I have also read that you can damage your ears, but there are ways to minimize the risk, such as using a q-tip and only cleaning certain ways. People even make videos about it. (not me though)

Perhaps the irony increases when I stare at that avatar of yours and I read your response about safely caring for your ears.

I was about to say that probably the reason why there's few people joining was because of the time (it is 00:24 here where i live) but then i remembered that this is an international forum and thus there a members from everywhere in the world so it is a bit odd that only 3 people joined, i guess people are not that interested in random liquid coming out someone's ear. hehehe

Also, i have heard some things about ear hygiene, but they are so mixed up, som people say that is good to keep it as clean as possible, other say that is good to leave some ear-wax because it somehow helps, i don't know, all i know is that everyone would agree that having your ear expell some weird liquid is definitely not good

I keep a box of Q-tips on my desk exclusively for this purpose. Dunno why, but I clean mine every day. I just kinda assumed I was some bizarre dude who enjoyed the feel of a freshly swabbed ear. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Good to know other people enjoy it as well. We haven't been introduced, i'am Mellow, what is your stance on art, and do you create art?

Besides the basic things i do in the computer (signatures, wallpapers, compositions, etc..) wich i posted some in a thread somewhere here, i have some drawings and such that i don't really like to share because i don't feel that they are... complete, you know what i mean? So one of this OCD's that i mentioned earlier is that if I'm not confident enough about somethin i made, I don't show it to anyone until i think is finished. Also, they are not nearly as good as the ones you posted

EDIT: This is a post about ears and art, how beautiful.

Besides the basic things i do in the computer (signatures, wallpapers, compositions, etc..) wich i posted some in a thread somewhere here, i have some drawings and such that i don't really like to share because i don't feel that they are... complete, you know what i mean? So one of this OCD's that i mentioned earlier is that if I'm not confident enough about somethin i made, I don't show it to anyone until i think is finished. Also, they are not nearly as good as the ones you posted

EDIT: This is a post about ears and art, how beautiful.

Too bad. I understand though, a lot of people are the same way. If you ever feel like showing them I would love to see them.

Yes this thread is beautiful.   :)

Wai-wai-wai-wait....what? How does one cleans his ears so furiously to the point that some random liquid will come out of it? What was that liquid anyways?

It wouldn't be that hard to do if you use an ear pick/scoop/spoon. I've caused myself to bleed a lot of times. My parents had one which was plastic or something, which was easier on the ears, but my one is metal and it hurts if you're not careful.

It wouldn't be that hard to do if you use an ear pick/scoop/spoon. I've caused myself to bleed a lot of times. My parents had one which was plastic or something, which was easier on the ears, but my one is metal and it hurts if you're not careful.

I may be wrong, considering I don't have the manga with me, but I don't think the fluid was blood.

I think that if it was blood you would remember, because you would know what it is then it wouldn't bother as much. That's a funny thing about people, when they know what something is (even if it is bad) they are not as worried as they were when they didn't knew, the moment you put a name on such thing, the moment you label it, it doesn't seems as threatening as it looked before.

But look at me starting to ramble non-sense, argh. I guess if it was pus it means he can have some sort of ear infection?