"Awards" tab?

Charmanderson

Aww... Sorry, Flutterz!  Truth be told: I ran into tons of problems, so I only was able to implement ~half of what I wanted to do today.  A lot of the work today was under-the-hood stuff, but some of the stuff (like the changes to the board index, MotM, and awards) are very visible.

My brain's fried from working on this stuff, but I'd really appreciate it if all of you would share your thoughts on the recent changes and help me come up with good ideas for how to have fun with this awards system.  We can do contests, tournaments, and more.

I made a topic in the improvement board to get feedback/ideas.  Please let me know what you think, and please help me come up with fun ideas for the future.

but I'd really appreciate it if all of you would share your thoughts on the recent changes and help me come up with good ideas for how to have fun with this awards system.  We can do contests, tournaments, and more.

Remember that fuwanovel literature idea you had a while back? Give an award to anyone who actually hands a piece of work in. Call it the 'You are a freakishly dedicated, highly appreciated, yet kinda scary member of the fuwanovel community' award :P

Not sure what type of awards you are going for, for a visual novel forum maybe an achievement system?

1. Has read X amount of VNs! (This would require some work, since you would need to implement a method for people to count how many VNs they have read and pass it to the system)

2. Has made X amount of posts in Y thread -> Achievement would be called Y [insert title here]. An example could be like Technical Support [Rookie/Adept/Expert/Spammer]

3. Specific achievements for specific actions, for example:

Fuwanovel Artist - Contributed to design of website/contributed art to something

Fuwanovel Writer - If any of the writing projects ever get completed this could be a nice award

Upload King (Inspired by Kendjin) - Hosts game files for torrenting/download

Member of the Month - month (I think you planned to have this one already)

4. Some things for translation teams? Since they are what makes the community possible/alive

Out of time need to go to class, might edit this later