[Submission] Badges and Username Color

Tom

i know im new to fuwa but i got lots experience in other forums for several years and i rlly like this site and would like to help out, so i think i can suggest a reasonable and realisticly manageable improvement/request/idea. and here is what i think could really help the site out:

BADGES

where would they be displayed?

actually i would replace them with the bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png, they seem very dull to me

how to obtain/earn them?

similar like how u would get ur custom title. in short by helping out in the forums

how it works?

to keep things simple and fun u can hav up to lets say somewhere between 6 and 9 different tiny badges in 2 or 3 rows (i think that wouldnt take much space and could look very pretty)

isnt that way to many badges?

i think no. u get each badge by accomplishing a different goal. obviously one badge is for the post count (the badge will change according to the number of posts u hav and require. another badge for the number of likes you have received. hmmmm, alright, here a list of different kind of accomplishments:

Post count

Likes count

Guides/Walkthroughs/Articles

Different kind of Projects

Events

Donations to fuwa (ofc this badge wouldnt change according to how much u donated, means there would be only one badge for donations)

Number of Visual Novels u completed and writing reviews about them.

Helping people out with for example making banners/avatarts or just being friendly towards others in general

Something with Facebook

Maybe a special badge for the very few

So there r definitely enough ideas to pull this off

Oh about the Username Color

it would change according to how many Badges u currently posses. and maybe have the fuwa colors up until u hav 4 badges. if u hav 5+ u can choose a custom color

Potocki posted this yesterday when -- as if he could tell, psychically -- I was finalizing the awards system.  Good on ya, brother!  Thank you for your understanding when I hid this topic and PM'd you.  I wanted the system to be a little bit of a surprise : ).

Regarding username color changes: I'm not opposed to flash, but keeping a uniform green color for usernames -- for me, and in my opinion -- maintains the spirit of equality.  If other members feel differently, I'll look forward to hearing their feedback here!

that was strangely funny : )

well its a good thing it was implemented, but there an esthetical problem imo.

-   That User´s Awards under icon is way to bulky, probably best to remove it.

(-) Maybe try and see if it would look better to put the Badges above Location

-   As for the last thing. Unique Honor Badges r fine, but i would change the Honor Badges and Achievements to look better. And no need to have multiple walkthrough and post count badges. Just have the highest one be displayed.

Well those r my thoughts for now

I wouldn't like different colored names, it would look weird imo.

As for the aesthetic problems, we are aware of them and these icons and all is only a placeholder, I (and few other people) will work on the icons later this week so they are better.

if Tay actually told me beforehand that he is going to implement this, I would have made the icons earlier! But no, he had to keep it secret!!!! xD

You can check the official topic: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/3215-in-progress-1222014-forums-updates-%E2%80%93-please-come-and-share-your-thoughts/page-3#entry59782

could even go with the same color as the background to troll ppl u hav no username lol

That is exactly the reason it is bad. We used to allow people change their name but some people just abused it and used like a single dot . as a name and such, so we had to remove this feature. We don't like trolls and anyone who intentionally tries to cause confusion is a troll.

That is exactly the reason it is bad. We used to allow people change their name but some people just abused it and used like a single dot . as a name and such, so we had to remove this feature. We don't like trolls and anyone who intentionally tries to cause confusion is a troll.

so if thats the only reason then just got to use another color, very simple (and its not something the normal user could do but the staff)

well its not really a frequent thing to change your username so seems kinda strange to do that in the 1st place. and that dot thing could be easily solved by putting an atleast 3 characters restriction in that system.

trolls or not, it can be avoided